Juve still after Barzagli! (90 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Barzagli is the perfect defender of Juventus. I hope we bring him in as I don't want to see this team become a premiership team or like Inter where we have less Italians than foreigners in our starting 11.
Yeah, Barzagli is a perfect defender for Juventus if we want to languish with the likes of Palermo.

The guy is so overrated by Italia fans it's becoming ludicrous. Barzagli looks like Boumsong compared to Legrottaglie's Donkey days.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Yeah, Barzagli is a perfect defender for Juventus if we want to languish with the likes of Palermo.

The guy is so overrated by Italia fans it's becoming ludicrous. Barzagli looks like Boumsong compared to Legrottaglie's Donkey days.
You are talking to a wall. That guy is a hardcore Pro Italian. :rolleyes: Translation: he is blind.

juventino12

Jan 20, 2007

wow...you've obviously only watched him recently to make that kind of a comment. There's a reason why he's regarded as one of italys, and even the worlds most promising defenders. This guy is class. Palermo is in a huge slump and he is going down with them. I love how people judge a player just by his recent like 5-10 game form and not by what he did in the past. :tdown:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
wow...you've obviously only watched him recently to make that kind of a comment. There's a reason why he's regarded as one of italys, and even the worlds most promising defenders. This guy is class. Palermo is in a huge slump and he is going down with them. I love how people judge a player just by his recent like 5-10 game form and not by what he did in the past. :tdown:
I agree. If we judged players by their current form only we would never have signed Cannavaro cause he was shit at Inter. Barzagli is a good player, he's just going through a bad patch of form. He's a hell of a lot better than Legro and Boumsong so what's the problem? Wake up people, Alex, Mexes, Chivu and Vidic are NOT coming.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
People either think Barzagli is total crap,or they think he's a world beater.He isnt either TBH.He's somewhere in the middle.He wont solve all our defensive problems,but he will decrease them.He isnt a Cannavaro,but he is a pretty decent improvment over our current backline no matter how its looked upon.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
People either think Barzagli is total crap,or they think he's a world beater.He isnt either TBH.He's somewhere in the middle.He wont solve all our defensive problems,but he will decrease them.He isnt a Cannavaro,but he is a pretty decent improvment over our current backline no matter how its looked upon.
:agree: a sensible opinion at last.

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
Barzagli has the construstion to be good defender, I think he must have a leader by him! He can't create nor organise the defence by himself. We need a guy like Nesta along him[considering there isn't any setabliished & prooved stopper in Serie A that we can aford, gues our defence won't be like the one we saw with Thuram & Canna]. If we can get Chivu it would be great, but we can also go for Milito [I have good feeling about this guy] which he would need time to adapt at least 1 season, or my third choice is Pepe or Alex.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
take this with a pinch of salt...

Bad news for some: Zamparini(Palermo) "apparently" said on a radio in Sicily that Barzagli is already ours.

Good news for 99%: He also said that Secco took right under his nose a great Brazilian talent from Porto Alegre. Didn't say who he was but..Pato? :tup:
There's also Lucas that plays in Porto Alegre.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Bad news for some: Zamparini(Palermo) "apparently" said on a radio in Sicily that Barzagli is already ours.

Good news for 99%: He also said that Secco took right under his nose a great Brazilian talent from Porto Alegre. Didn't say who he was but..Pato? :tup:
Lol Maurizio Zamparini. He's essentially the Southern version of Moggi to the media. You cannot really believe the guy but he's always good at creating a few laughs.

"That's it Guidolin is gone. Yesterday I thought he would still be the manager, but today I will fire him."

One week later, Guidolin was still in charge. :lol2:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually, you got me all wrong... I haven't watched him recently. But I did observe him quite frequently the past two seasons when he formed a partnership with Terlizzi at the back, and to be honest Barzagli was mistake-prone back then as well. I remember him looking shaky when playing us and he almost scored on his own goal.

So no... I haven't judged him on his last few matches because I haven't even seen him play during them. So if what people are saying about his performances at the moment are indeed true, then he must be even more overrated.

Just because people who love Italian defenders say the kid is promising doesn't mean he is... and just because he played a couple good games in the World Cup against some average sides with the best defender in the world at the time next to him doesn't mean we should give him a lucrative contract... he still has not proven to be consistent to me, and that's why I hold the opinion that there are better defenders out there. And there are quite a few, with Milito being one of the many.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
Barzagli is overated but he is definatly an improvment of our backline al thought i still believe that Legro is approching his best, or atleat i hope so atleast we get half of the player we got

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
The whole of Palermo have been underachieving over the last few months. I dont think its fair to turn on him yet, because its obvious he is underperforming. He is a good player, with the potential to be great. He is a risk though, but he is still better than any1 we currently have at cb.

oriax

Mar 30, 2007

As far as I know Pato is from Porto Alegre. I hope this is true. Lucas Pezzini is good too but I think he plays for Gremio. Actually both of them was linked with Palermo.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
With Barzagli, I see a guy with a pissload of potential, but at this time, to bring him in as the defense lynchpin is foolish. Right now, Barzagli needs to be apprenticed by an experienced, world class defender to help him boost his confidence and hit the next level. Grygera is the closest they'll have at their disposal, as Birindelli, Zebina and Boumsong are, frankly, not good enough to really take someone like Barzagli (and Criscito for that matter) under their wing.

Either that, or someone at the talent level of Milito, Luisao, Alex, etc. to be that leader while Barzagli matures.

He's definitely not the answer alone, but has the makings of the next great Italian defender if properly groomed.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
With Barzagli, I see a guy with a pissload of potential, but at this time, to bring him in as the defense lynchpin is foolish. Right now, Barzagli needs to be apprenticed by an experienced, world class defender to help him boost his confidence and hit the next level. Grygera is the closest they'll have at their disposal, as Birindelli, Zebina and Boumsong are, frankly, not good enough to really take someone like Barzagli (and Criscito for that matter) under their wing.

Either that, or someone at the talent level of Milito, Luisao, Alex, etc. to be that leader while Barzagli matures.

He's definitely not the answer alone, but has the makings of the next great Italian defender if properly groomed.
:agree:

I hope we sign him but we will also need a leader to play beside him. I would like either Alex of PSV or Milito from Zaragoza.

Or if we can't get them sign Nesta or Terry:p

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007

Barzagli has the construstion to be good defender, I think he must have a leader by him! He can't create nor organise the defence by himself. We need a guy like Nesta along him[considering there isn't any setabliished & prooved stopper in Serie A that we can aford, gues our defence won't be like the one we saw with Thuram & Canna]. If we can get Chivu it would be great, but we can also go for Milito [I have good feeling about this guy] which he would need time to adapt at least 1 season, or my third choice is Pepe or Alex.
These two post aren't so diferent?
Except I would gladly take off Luisao! Taylor[Newcatle!] is a tremendeous dfender but not a leader...
Milito is the best option at the moment I think!

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Like that you mention Milito, Andy. That's my dream for our defence.

I'm somewhat clustered by who I'd like play beside him (or any other proven experienced CBs for that matter) if he were to come though... I'd love Mexés in Juve but my heart reaaaaaally wants to gamble a bit on Criscito. Barzagli - Criscito wouldn't make the record books in any positive ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)