Juve still after Barzagli! (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
What i meant about European hopes was a 4th place finish next season, we need two defenders for that and an excellent playmaker or winger...

Our Budget: $100 mil. + minor transfers (excluding big name stars i.e. buffon) $15 mil. - (miscelaneous, debts etc.) $35 mil. = $80 mil.

Barzagli + another defender = $30 mil. max
Playmaker = $30 mil.
Striker = $20 mil.

Obviously this doesn't account for Frings. As you can tell with Frings signed, we will have to either invest in youth for our striker or give up the second defender (if buffon leaves, we must go for the latter in order to save our defense)

We need to invest in young italians that have had big games against us in the Serie B. This is the opportunity to bring players that have proven themselves against us and are still passionate about joining juve even without european competition.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
you talk crap - you saw 1 meaningless match and thought he was crap, you dont understand the fact that he's shown massive potential at a high stage like the wc and did his duty well, and then to play for what i call a fairly mediocre club with the little quality they have, barzagli needs to play with quality around him, with players like gigi commanding his defence. in football players are only good in the unit they work within, not how good they are as a lone player, i cud assure you that sum1 like puyol wud suck more at messina than he wud at sumwhere like juve or barca

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
you talk crap - you saw 1 meaningless match and thought he was crap, you dont understand the fact that he's shown massive potential at a high stage like the wc and did his duty well, and then to play for what i call a fairly mediocre club with the little quality they have, barzagli needs to play with quality around him, with players like gigi commanding his defence. in football players are only good in the unit they work within, not how good they are as a lone player, i cud assure you that sum1 like puyol wud suck more at messina than he wud at sumwhere like juve or barca
1 match? I saw a lot more and he is not mpressive at all. On the other hand, you are the one who is boasting about his so called great potential based on a 1 good match at WC? Against whom, Ukraine? :lol: :disagree:

Everybody can look good when he is playing with Cannavaro, even Iuliano was. :) I want a quality leader in defense and Barzagli is defo not one of them. Average Joe......

Mar 30, 2006
so who's the next Cannavaro ?
i think Valencia's Raul Albol is one of the best defender now.
yeah Albiol is great and very solid and versatile (can play DM) .. same with Marchena who is a great man marker
Valencia have good defenders and even though Ayala is leaving, Alexis is coming in. he is very good and has a bright future.

As for who is the next Canna I think at least for now and the next 5 years or more Terry will be the best defender. and he seems similar to Canna

I think Nesta too is up there with Terry as the best but his style is different from Canna. Nesta is more sliky in his play.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
so who's the next Cannavaro ?
i think Valencia's Raul Albol is one of the best defender now.
There is no ''next'' anybody imo!All players are UNIQUE!And when you talk about a successor of Canna I think it COULD be Criscito although I must admit I didn't see him that much. But lots of ppl here including Secco are saying good things about him.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
And you are an undercover Zionist! :D
Stop it, b*tch...:D

You're so popular, Marko. :oops:

1 match? I saw a lot more and he is not mpressive at all. On the other hand, you are the one who is boasting about his so called great potential based on a 1 good match at WC? Against whom, Ukraine? :lol: :disagree:

Everybody can look good when he is playing with Cannavaro, even Iuliano was. :) I want a quality leader in defense and Barzagli is defo not one of them. Average Joe......
Barzagli impressed me against Ukraine, I never cared about him before to be honest. But after following him a lot this season, I have to say...you spot on, Marko.

Terry's got nothin' on Nesta.
Exactly. :tup:

Me myself considers Nesta the best centre back in the world since his early days at Lazio.

Jul 28, 2002
Nesta has much more grace and class, but who would you prefer to try and beat, Nesta or Terry?

You know terry will kill you if he has too, much like the latter day Canna.

Jul 28, 2002
Indeed Terry is a dominating CB. Much like the old school CB, but not a cheap knock off like many others (Materazzi).

However Terry needs a talented reletively pacey CB to cover him. Whereas Nesta needs nobody specific.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
To me, there are two types of centre defenders. The first type who is more classy, intelligent, gets better positioning and can be aggressive at the same time but he doesn't tend to use this aggressive style of play frequently, just when the situation requires it, this has to be Nesta.

The second type is strong, always aggressive, active and covers his partner well. But still a little bit clumsy and doesn't have the character of a leader like the first. This has to be Terry.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
terry is a leader,u could see how his absence affected chelsea badly. also agree with #10s point that he needs some1 pacey next to him cause hes not the fastest of defenders
i rate him the best english defender, and IMO rio is crap!

Mar 30, 2006
terry is a leader,u could see how his absence affected chelsea badly. also agree with #10s point that he needs some1 pacey next to him cause hes not the fastest of defenders
i rate him the best english defender, and IMO rio is crap!
yeah i'd say him and Nesta are the best. I would love to see them togeather

Rio is vastly overated and loses concentration to easily. plus he tends to be a bit of a classless fool on and off the field

I think Terry, Woodgate and Carragher are the 3 best English defenders in that order.

Rio is below them but regarded as one of the best in the world. He is not even the best at Man utd (Vidic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)