Juve still after Barzagli! (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2006
Barzagli looks OK at best, as part of a functioning unit.. Though I don't know how or why people are mentioning him alongside Nesta or Cannavaro! Barzagli is 26 - is he realistically in the same league as these two at that age - captaining great Serie A sides of the time..?

And if we are looking at his WC performances - hell even Matrix looked good this summer next to Canna in that kind of form..

I just reckon if he was a foreign player of comparable skill no-one would want him at Juve. Plus being Italian, Palermo will hold Juve over a barrel on the fee - I even read on calciomercato that they demand Criscito in exchange!

He's going to cost so much that we should just look elsewhere - for that much dough we need an instant leader who maybe is looking for a step up in experience but not a player that is still needing to develop consistency..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Barzagli looks OK at best, as part of a functioning unit.. Though I don't know how or why people are mentioning him alongside Nesta or Cannavaro! Barzagli is 26 - is he realistically in the same league as these two at that age - captaining great Serie A sides of the time..?

And if we are looking at his WC performances - hell even Matrix looked good this summer next to Canna in that kind of form..

I just reckon if he was a foreign player of comparable skill no-one would want him at Juve. Plus being Italian, Palermo will hold Juve over a barrel on the fee - I even read on calciomercato that they demand Criscito in exchange!

He's going to cost so much that we should just look elsewhere - for that much dough we need an instant leader who maybe is looking for a step up in experience but not a player that is still needing to develop consistency..
You are so right.... :agree:

Jul 24, 2006
I still don't want this guy but here's an update from Palermo's side anyway, taken from Channel4:

Palermo deny Barzagli sale Thursday 5 April, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palermo have rejected claims that they have agreed to sell Andrea Barzagli to Juventus at the end of the season.

Speculation in Italy suggests that a deal has already been wrapped up for the Italian international, but Zampa insists that is not the case.

“Barzagli is not already a Juventus player,” he noted on Thursday evening. “The stories just aren’t true.

“There was contact between us and Juve straight after the World Cup Finals in Germany, but we are currently not in negotiations with them.”

The Old Lady are looking for a new central defender in their proposed Serie A campaign next term, after the Calciopoli consequences saw them sell both Lilian Thuram and Fabio Cannavaro.

Barzagli, a promising stopper for the future, is liked and there was talk that Fabrizio Miccoli could be involved in the switch.

But Zamparini has shot down that rumour too by insisting the striker, currently on loan at Benfica, is not an objective.

“I can exclude that we will make a move for Miccoli,” added the fiery chief. “He is of no interest and he won’t be of interest in the future.”

It’s unclear at this stage where the former Perugia and Fiorentina forward will be playing his football next term.

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
I still don't want this guy but here's an update from Palermo's side anyway, taken from Channel4:

Palermo deny Barzagli sale Thursday 5 April, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palermo have rejected claims that they have agreed to sell Andrea Barzagli to Juventus at the end of the season.

Speculation in Italy suggests that a deal has already been wrapped up for the Italian international, but Zampa insists that is not the case.

“Barzagli is not already a Juventus player,” he noted on Thursday evening. “The stories just aren’t true.

“There was contact between us and Juve straight after the World Cup Finals in Germany, but we are currently not in negotiations with them.”

The Old Lady are looking for a new central defender in their proposed Serie A campaign next term, after the Calciopoli consequences saw them sell both Lilian Thuram and Fabio Cannavaro.

Barzagli, a promising stopper for the future, is liked and there was talk that Fabrizio Miccoli could be involved in the switch.

But Zamparini has shot down that rumour too by insisting the striker, currently on loan at Benfica, is not an objective.

“I can exclude that we will make a move for Miccoli,” added the fiery chief. “He is of no interest and he won’t be of interest in the future.”

It’s unclear at this stage where the former Perugia and Fiorentina forward will be playing his football next term.
I want to know what has the informer has to say about Barzagli!?
mark77?

Mar 30, 2006
we should get Milito he is cheaper, and is as good, if not better than Barzagli
is he?

i never heard he was for sale.. i know we have been linked with him but that means little.

Barzagli is a very good player though .. not Canna or Nesta but Nesta cost milan 30 million

we could get pepe and barzagli for about that much and i would be fine with that

Neddy

Aug 8, 2006
is he?

i never heard he was for sale.. i know we have been linked with him but that means little.

Barzagli is a very good player though .. not Canna or Nesta but Nesta cost milan 30 million

we could get pepe and barzagli for about that much and i would be fine with that
You can buy even if he is not for sale.... Its just a little harder :D

Imo, will Barzagli be one of the most important signings. We really need a 'defense-captain'. I know that Milito could do that job, but i prefer Barzagli. Young and potential...

How old is Milito... Cause he isn't young anymore, ehh?

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
You can buy even if he is not for sale.... Its just a little harder :D

Imo, will Barzagli be one of the most important signings. We really need a 'defense-captain'. I know that Milito could do that job, but i prefer Barzagli. Young and potential...

How old is Milito... Cause he isn't young anymore, ehh?
Gabriel Alejandro Milito (born 7 September 1980, Bernal, Buenos Aires) is an Argentine football (soccer) player, currently playing for Spanish La Liga side Real Zaragoza as a defender.

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
Milito has character I think he should be our first objective IF he's avalible, Barzagli is solid defender he is not agresive but he isn't warrior also, Pepe is extra defender e has it all excepd leadership! That's why I prefer Milito over Pepe, otheise I think Pepe has better construction and abilities than Milito.
What happend to the other Milito, I heard maybe Genoa could take him back because Zaragoza potentialy didn't pay thr transfer fee yet, and few years had passed...

Neddy

Aug 8, 2006
Gabriel Alejandro Milito (born 7 September 1980, Bernal, Buenos Aires) is an Argentine football (soccer) player, currently playing for Spanish La Liga side Real Zaragoza as a defender.
25 years:confused: He Isn't much older than Barzagli actually, even so something in me still says that i want Andrea more....

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
«Su Barzagli la Juve è avanti»

La Fiorentina e Dainelli sempre più lontani: bianconeri pronti a ingaggiarlo a parametro zero.

zoom - galleria «Barzagli alla Fiorentina? Certamente interessa ai viola, ma non so se le cifre che servono per l’operazione siano compatibili con il budget e i limiti imposti dai Della Valle. E poi sul giocatore c’è la Juventus, oltre che la Roma e l’Inter». Parola di Claudio Orlandini, procuratore di Andrea Barzagli, che ieri parlava in una radio di Firenze. Un’ulteriore conferma che nelle strategie per il rafforzamento della difesa, il nome del campione del mondo attualmente al Palermo continua a rappresentare una priorità per la società bianconera. La trattativa procede e, sempre secondo Orlandini, il presidente dei siciliani Maurizio Zamparini non dovrebbe mettersi di traverso, tenendo fede a una promessa fatta qualche mese fa.

Barzagli obiettivo numero uno, quindi. Ma restano vive tutte le altre piste battute dagli uomini mercato bianconeri che stanno guardando con attenzione anche all’estero con due argentini e un brasiliano nella testa. Gabriel Milito, centrale del Real Saragozza, resta un giocatore molto quotato per dare più spessore al reparto arretrato, così come un altro Gabriel, Heinze, del Manchester United, che può coprire il ruolo di centrale così come quello di laterale sinistro. Ma, attenzione a Luisao del Benfica, perché il difensore, oltre a piacere, può risolvere la questione Miccoli, l’attaccante ancora di proprietà della Juventus che potrebbe rientrare nell’operazione, rendendola meno onerosa dal punto di vista finanziario. Ma potrebbe non essere uno solo l’acquisto in difesa. Perché fra gli affari a costo zero, Alessio Secco potrebbe aver pescato il fiorentino Dario Dainelli, ormai in rotta con la Fiorentina.

Fonte: TuttoSport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)