Juve still after Barzagli! (104 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
If we want the likes buffon to stay we should get him a world class defender who has been tried and tested in serie A i cant think of anyone but barzagli.
For all his done for juve he should not be keeping with the likes of legro, piccolo etc as his defenders for two seasons thats just too much even for the best.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Yes, Barzagli is a world class defender, but both Cannavaro and Metzelder are better than him. This is the point that I was talking about. They aren't just world class, they're also cheap.

Not just Legrottaglie and Piccolo, but also Zebina and Brindelli. I think that we should take exchanging players into our consideration.

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
Where are you geting your figures from? In one thread you dont want canna back and this one its the total opposite what is up with that?

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Where are you geting your figures from? In one thread you dont want canna back and this one its the total opposite what is up with that?
If I put sentiments aside for awhile, I'll choose Cannavaro. Also, I didn't say that we have to close all the doors against his return. Moreover, I didn't say that I'm completely against his return especially after our last match.

By the way, you haven't answered me yet. How can we make a balance between our funds and the players whom we have to buy?

Edit: There is another point, I'm not talking about Cannavaro as a separate case, I'm talking about whether I'd prefer; Barzagli for around £10M or both Cannavaro and Metzelder for around £5M (and maybe less). In other words, I'm comparing two bargains to each other. Of course, I go for the second option (Canna+Metz). :smoke:

Neddy

Aug 8, 2006
Yes, Barzagli is a world class defender, but both Cannavaro and Metzelder are better than him. This is the point that I was talking about. They aren't just world class, they're also cheap.

Not just Legrottaglie and Piccolo, but also Zebina and Brindelli. I think that we should take exchanging players into our consideration.
We should get them all... Especially Barzagli and Metzelder... then we already has one of the best defenses in Europe next season:D almost then:p

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
We must make a balance between the funds available and the players we do need to strengthen the squad for the upcoming season.

Secco already said that the funds available is £24M. Also we are going to sell players who aren't efficient anymore like Zebina, in my opinion. Thus, I think that the whole cash maybe raised in that condition to £30M (in condition that we wouldn't sell any of our world class players like Buffon, Trezeguet and Camoranesi).

Do you think that it would be logical to spend 1/3 of the funds available on just one defender? I doubt.
These are only rumours, Juventus yet have to reveal their transfer budget for next season.

And Zebina will be very useful next season if he is fit, we are not exactly overflowed with right-backs. Who do you prefer, Birindelli or Zebina?

I think you have gone too far, mate. Barzagli is not world class yet.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Metzelder on Free should be our primary target.
Barzagli seems like a definate purchase for our defensive department. Look how terrible we are doing now.
I don't think we can find a better balance of experience and potential at that sort of price.

Zebina seems like on the way out, so I assume Gygera would take up the right wing????

Cristico seems like a good potential and from what Juve gave to get 100% of his contract, it seems like Juve intend to "really" use him in the first team.

Neddy

Aug 8, 2006
Metzelder on Free should be our primary target.
Barzagli seems like a definate purchase for our defensive department. Look how terrible we are doing now.
I don't think we can find a better balance of experience and potential at that sort of price.

Zebina seems like on the way out, so I assume Gygera would take up the right wing????

Cristico seems like a good potential and from what Juve gave to get 100% of his contract, it seems like Juve intend to "really" use him in the first team.
Really agreeing in the first sentence:agree:
But the next..... Grygera as winger?? I hope you mean back hehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)