Juve still after Barzagli! (97 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I think his contract ends in '09.

Damn right I won't like it! :D.

Mancini isn't better than Camo. Mancini plays one spectacular match every 10 matches and the other 9 he is only so-so, plus he's got quite an apparent arrogant attitude that i don't like. Mancini is a good player, but not better than Camo. Not worth going for, if it costs us Camoranesi. For me, Samuel is unknown quality nowadays anyway. The Roma, Madrid and Inter Samuel have all been completely different. Only the Roma one being really good.
Surprise, surprise.:D

To be honest I have never been a big fan of Camo, but he seems to have upped his game during Capello's reign.:shocked:. But there are two reason why I would prefer to see Mancini than Camo.

Firstly, and the main reason is financial. I am not just sold on Barzagli such an exorbiant price. I am big fan of him, but right now, there are cheaper alternatives available. Metzelder on a free, and I am sure we can talk ManUre out of Heinze via loan with an option to buy at the end of season. In any case, Samuel is somewhat unknown quantity at this stage, but I always prefer a player who got something to prove, assuming he hasnt breaken his leg over past couple of seasons (Ronaldo being an exception), and mentally weak. The motivation to do well is not reflected in his past two seasons record. I am confident that Samuel will do well here.

Secondly, Camo isnt getting any younger. Camo is at the peak of his game, and his value as a player will only dwindle with time goes by. Mancini is only 26, and has a best of years ahead of him. I think we are realistically looking to challenge in 2 to 3 years, and Camo will be past the sell out date by then. Mancini will be entering his peak years.

And lastly, I think Mancini provides more penetration down the flanks. It seems DD is intent on playing two defensive midfield next season. Paro is technically proficient, but so was Viera. And neither of them are creative force Zizou, Ballack, Pirlo are. I think it is vitally for the team to have genuine penetration down the flanks. Camo is superb tactical player who gives you all round game, work rate (highly under appreciated facet of his game), and cover to defence. But going forward Mancini is superior IMO, and his goal could be real value to the team which lacks creativity in the midfield.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
the season is long, i'm pretty sure capello will stay for at least next season. madrid are a little rash when it comes to coaches, they gotta change their policy sooner or later. capello is a winning coah, i don't think they'll sack him so quickly.
Want to bet, 500 vcash, if he gets sacked by the end of the season, i get 500 from you, if he doesn't get sacked, you get 500 from me?

Of course, if the performances stay below average, if he starts winning, then the reason for him getting sacked is gone.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Want to bet, 500 vcash, if he gets sacked by the end of the season, i get 500 from you, if he doesn't get sacked, you get 500 from me?

Of course, if the performances stay below average, if he starts winning, then the reason for him getting sacked is gone.
sure thing.

i'm pretty sure real will come around and finish second.

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #606
    Surprise, surprise.:D

To be honest I have never been a big fan of Camo, but he seems to have upped his game during Capello's reign.:shocked:. But there are two reason why I would prefer to see Mancini than Camo.

Firstly, and the main reason is financial. I am not just sold on Barzagli such an exorbiant price. I am big fan of him, but right now, there are cheaper alternatives available. Metzelder on a free, and I am sure we can talk ManUre out of Heinze via loan with an option to buy at the end of season. In any case, Samuel is somewhat unknown quantity at this stage, but I always prefer a player who got something to prove, assuming he hasnt breaken his leg over past couple of seasons (Ronaldo being an exception), and mentally weak. The motivation to do well is not reflected in his past two seasons record. I am confident that Samuel will do well here.

Secondly, Camo isnt getting any younger. Camo is at the peak of his game, and his value as a player will only dwindle with time goes by. Mancini is only 26, and has a best of years ahead of him. I think we are realistically looking to challenge in 2 to 3 years, and Camo will be past the sell out date by then. Mancini will be entering his peak years.

And lastly, I think Mancini provides more penetration down the flanks. It seems DD is intent on playing two defensive midfield next season. Paro is technically proficient, but so was Viera. And neither of them are creative force Zizou, Ballack, Pirlo are. I think it is vitally for the team to have genuine penetration down the flanks. Camo is superb tactical player who gives you all round game, work rate (highly under appreciated facet of his game), and cover to defence. But going forward Mancini is superior IMO, and his goal could be real value to the team which lacks creativity in the midfield.

Pfff, you really make it an effort replying to you :D.

I'll keep it simply though. I simply disagree about Mancini > Camoranesi. I think Camoranesi offers much more than Mancini does. Calling Camo a tactical player is kind of an insult really. He is currently our own player who can really dribble past a player and create openings with both passing and the ball at his feet. Being tactically superb is just one his many assets.

I'd love Mancini on the left and Camo on the right though...

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004

I'll keep it simply though. I simply disagree about Mancini > Camoranesi. I think Camoranesi offers much more than Mancini does. Calling Camo a tactical player is kind of an insult really. He is currently our own player who can really dribble past a player and create openings with both passing and the ball at his feet. Being tactically superb is just one his many assets.

Imagine this

Buffon
    Grygera Heinze Barzagli Chiellini
    Paro Mavuba
    Camoranesi Robinho Mancini
    Klose

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003

I wouldn't. I don't consider Mancini good enough for Juventus. It's like you say, 1 good game, 9 average games. I don't see what the hype is about.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    or not - camo >>>>>>>> mancini certainly in terms of consistency
    :disagree: Wow! You are aware that Camoranesi is 30, while Mancini is 26 and can still improve? Also, before you jump to such a conclusion, the fact that Mancini is kicking ass in Serie A in a consistent manner while Camoranesi is playing well in Serie B are incomparable in terms of skill level/consistency. Check out this classic Badass quote: "It's like comparing the Krispy Kream Diet to the Atkin's Diet: it just doesn't cut it." :disagree:

Bah, Juventus haven't been rumoured with Mancini so I guess this is all useless.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Imagine this

Buffon
    Paro Mavuba
    Klose
    i don't think we'd be able to pull all of those off, perhaps if we sell trezeguet, maybe. i'd prefer mascherano to mavuba though.

OP
    Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #615
    Imagine this

Buffon
    Paro Mavuba
    Klose

:toast:

Love it. Though Maybe Robinho simply upfront, so he has the freedom to move around to the flanks also, instead of playing as a playmaker. Robinho cutting out, Mancini cutting in. Zanetti instead of Mavuba would also be good enough ( if not better) for me. I secretly hope we get another rightback. Grygera's transfer was mainly great, because he is free, but all things considered, I think he's only decent at best. Dream formation though(probably not achievable). Nedved in there would work also, screw Mancini or Robinho :D.

p.s. Where is Amauri?

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002

:D

Well I didnt mean to insult in Camo anyway by budding him to be tactical. I actually see that as one of his strenght. Not many wingers in a modern day are willing to sacrifice in order to provide cover for their teammate. I think Robben is a typical case. Whilst Robben could be irresistable going forward, he rarely comes back to defend, and I think his contribution is often overestimated.

I am not sure whether Mancini's goal scoring exploits are a product of Giallorossi system or his ability. But his getting the goals at the highest stage, and in terms of producing result I cant think of any better winger than C.Ronaldo (I know you dont like him as well:D - he is an ass). I like both Camo and Mancini in our team. No doubt. But I am not sure it will work money wise.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    i don't think we'd be able to pull all of those off, perhaps if we sell trezeguet, maybe. i'd prefer mascherano to mavuba though.
    Mascherano is gone, forgotten, burried, and the team is looking elsewhere. Personally I'd play Paro - Zanetti as poles but we don't have adecquate cover for the pair, so any newcomer would be a starter and one of Paro/Zanetti has to be a sub.

I think selling Trezeguet is a reality we have to deal with to be able to compete in the upper league. Sad but necessary.

Love it. Though Maybe Robinho simply upfront, so he has the freedom to move around to the flanks also, instead of playing as a playmaker. Robinho cutting out, Mancini cutting in. Zanetti instead of Mavuba would also be good enough ( if not better) for me. I secretly hope we get another rightback. Grygera's transfer was mainly great, because he is free, but all things considered, I think he's only decent at best. Dream formation though(probably not achievable). Nedved in there would work also, screw Mancini or Robinho :D.

p.s. Where is Amauri?
    I agree about Zanetti, read my reply to vlatko. Del Piero works instead of Robinho or instead of Mancini, so we can do without one of them.

Amauri? :shifty:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001

p.s. Where is Amauri?
    on the bench next to Ronaldo Pizzaro Cassano and others :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)