Juve still after Barzagli! (99 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Senderos isn't Juve quality, same with Eboue. Overrated, typical english press. Neither are as good as Barzagli. Fact of the matter is, Barzagli will lead the line for the azzurri alongside Nesta once Cannavaro is gone. Very good player and all this talk from some of u saying he is shit is non-sense. He stepped in during the world cip and did a good job all things considered.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Shyne said:
Senderos isn't Juve quality, same with Eboue. Overrated, typical english press. Neither are as good as Barzagli. Fact of the matter is, Barzagli will lead the line for the azzurri alongside Nesta once Cannavaro is gone. Very good player and all this talk from some of u saying he is shit is non-sense. He stepped in during the world cip and did a good job all things considered.
You may be right but I feel Barzagli seriously needs to lose some weight

He's rather tubby and I'm talking beer-belly-tubby

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Shyne said:
Excuse me, but when Arsenal played us, neither Mutu, Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet or Zalayeta couldn´t pass them.

That is exactly what kind of defenders we need: Fast, strong and self-confident.

Jem83 said:
You may be right but I feel Barzagli seriously needs to lose some weight

He's rather tubby and I'm talking beer-belly-tubby
:agree:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Sanderos is good, but I do think he is overrated, actually, I didn't realize he is rated so highly even in the EPL.

Sanderos is a typical physicall defender, I can't say much more about his defending skills, but he was impressive for his NT at the World Cup.

None the less, juve's inability to attack arsenal was more down to inadequate tactics and lack of creativity in the team rather than Arsenal's excellent defending.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
mark83 said:
Excuse me, but when Arsenal played us, neither Mutu, Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet or Zalayeta couldn´t pass them.

That is exactly what kind of defenders we need: Fast, strong and self-confident.
Vonam said it best abt the Arsenal game.

Abt Senderos and Eboue, first of all i dont like Arsenal or their players and i dont want them to bring their bad snobby attitude to this club.
Their personalities all of them doesnt compliy with those of juve.

Technically speaking Senderos is good but still is he a commanding leading figure in the backline ? i dont think so, i actually think Toure has been covering for him alot since he started playing.
Eboue is RB.We need a CB first

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
mark83 said:

:agree:
Which doesn't say much considering:
a) Ibra couldn't get by any1 last season
b) Trezeguet's game has never been about "getting by" ie: dribbling past any1, but positioning and finishing, which is dependant on the service to him, which he barely got vs Arsenal.
c) Zalayeta lol, a true measure of whether a defender is good.
d) Mutu, inconsistent, played the 1st leg casuse Nedved couldn't.

Not to mention Juve played horrible in both legs.

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
Senderos is one of the greatest promising cb together with players like huth, mertesacker, heitinga, kompany, djurou, Felipe and Zapata. but Senderos is way better than all this players. Senderos is the leader of the Defense of the Swiss NT and he has still a lot of potential to grow up. And he has international experience with the U21, the senior NT and with Arsenal. And he is a proven Player-instead of Barzagli. I really hope that Barzagli isnt another Legro. And if Zamparini will really 15 mil for Barzagli and the same discussion is for Zapata then try to go for Senderos. But i would say that Senderos is to important for the Future of Arsenal and they will not let him go away. And for sure not for little Money.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Senderos won't be leaving Arsenal within the next year, that's for sure, but he's young so he'll be avaliable in the next three years . Barzagli, I believe, is 27 years of age, and 15 million Euros is quite a lot of money to fork over. However, that being said, centre-backs usually come like fine wines; that is, they get better with age. I can see him leading the Juventus back-line for a good six seasons.

Edit: He's 25, sorry.

Sicilian Juve

May 17, 2006
Pinturrichio said:
barzagli is by far the best italian defender after nesta and cannavaro.... and he is stil l25.. and he is ITALIAn... juventus have got good relationships with palermo and i think we should be in pole to accquire him... than he is only guarantedd a first team place in juve... If Juventus dont take barzagli it would be there fault for loosing such a playerr
I do not know if I would rate him that high, but I do hope we get him. ciao

Sep 28, 2002
Max said:
Senderos won't be leaving Arsenal within the next year, that's for sure, but he's young so he'll be avaliable in the next three years . Barzagli, I believe, is 27 years of age, and 15 million Euros is quite a lot of money to fork over. However, that being said, centre-backs usually come like fine wines; that is, they get better with age. I can see him leading the Juventus back-line for a good six seasons.

Edit: He's 25, sorry.
and why do tou think arsenal would sell him?

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I find Senderos vastly overrated - clumsy, slow - a trait I saw in Daniele Bonera. If you were talking about Kolo Toure then I will change my mind. But I am almost certain that better young defenders than Senderos will emerge overtime and there is no reason to commit to what I consider as just above mediocre quality player for an exorbiant fee. I mean how foolish you have looked had one bought Bonera for the price that was quoted 3-4 years ago? Was he better player than he is now? I don't think so. Young players are essentially valued based on the future extrapolation of growth, and my gut instinct suggests Senderos isnt anything special.

I agree with Mark77 on strategy we should pursue. I like Barzagli but if that kid in Genoa has potential to contribute then we should keep him for next 4-5 years and check his development. Young famous defenders, IMO, mean jack sh*t, because the age they mature is around mid 20s. Look at John Terry, for example. If one told me the John Terry that got owned by Massimo Maccarone will somehow turnout to be a worldclass CB - I would have laughed my ass off. Hence I find the policy of spending millions on young CB before the age of 26 to be rather stupid unless the defender is named Canna, Nesta, or Mexes. Senderos aint no Nesta, Canna, or even Mexes.

I like Eboue a lot more. But the jury is still out as he hasnt even competed at the highest level for a year yet. Even Legro had one phenonmenal season.:D . But I like his chances of becoming a quality player.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jun-hide said:
I find Senderos vastly overrated - clumsy, slow - a trait I saw in Daniele Bonera. If you were talking about Kolo Toure then I will change my mind. But I am almost certain that better young defenders than Senderos will emerge overtime and there is no reason to commit to what I consider as just above mediocre quality player for an exorbiant fee. I mean how foolish you have looked had one bought Bonera for the price that was quoted 3-4 years ago? Was he better player than he is now? I don't think so. Young players are essentially valued based on the future extrapolation of growth, and my gut instinct suggests Senderos isnt anything special.

I agree with Mark77 on strategy we should pursue. I like Barzagli but if that kid in Genoa has potential to contribute then we should keep him for next 4-5 years and check his development. Young famous defenders, IMO, mean jack sh*t, because the age they mature is around mid 20s. Look at John Terry, for example. If one told me the John Terry that got owned by Massimo Maccarone will somehow turnout to be a worldclass CB - I would have laughed my ass off. Hence I find the policy of spending millions on young CB before the age of 26 to be rather stupid unless the defender is named Canna, Nesta, or Mexes. Senderos aint no Nesta, Canna, or even Mexes.

I like Eboue a lot more. But the jury is still out as he hasnt even competed at the highest level for a year yet. Even Legro had one phenonmenal season.:D . But I like his chances of becoming a quality player.
agreed abt Senderos's ability.

I guess Barzagli is the one of the few fairly reasonable defenders we could get that could this line. There r few that carry a whole backline on their backs like Canna did in the past two years.
I guess the options could be Mexes,Nesta,Chivu and all three r untransferable especially with the cash we have.
Mybe Barzagli is reasonable and another option that i think could be Samuel. He isnt a starter in Inter and i think he has some abilities that could be of use to use although now he lacks the confidence right now.Something we could bring back to him

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
What do you think of Heitinga from Ajax?

He wouldn´t be expensive and I find a lot of talent in him. He reminds me of Frank de Boer.

ahmedz said:
ya Samuel would be an excellent option..he is still a class defender...
That´s true we could revive him like Cannavaro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)