Juve still after Barzagli! (98 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Jeeks said:
Not to forget the amount of goals Palermo concede this season.
I think he's been okay this season. Palermo's story with conceding goals starts from their midfield and ends with their goalkeeper.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I haven't seen them this season but I only see them conceding lots of goals and Barzagli is leading their defence.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He probably holds some responsability over there, but he's surely not the only victim. He's been better than the others, atleast better than some Milan-Inter-Roma defenders.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Jeeks said:
Not to forget the amount of goals Palermo concede this season.
Well when you think about ti the season before Cannavaro moved to us Inter were conceeding goals like crazy. It is not the CBs problem (alone) if the team is conceding goals. DMs are very important matter. That is why our team is holding up properly, we have decent centre midfielders, i.e. Paro, Zanetti and Giannichedda.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Badass Devil said:
well wen u got own goal wonder zaccardo and terlizzi in ur defence its well expected

shows how much u no. zaccardo has no own goals, while barzagli has one.

he is a great talent. he has proven that with another solid cb he is a great defender. palermo simply concede goals because they play an attacking style. a 3-5-2 doesnt really help the defence much.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ZAF3000 said:
Well when you think about ti the season before Cannavaro moved to us Inter were conceeding goals like crazy. It is not the CBs problem (alone) if the team is conceding goals. DMs are very important matter. That is why our team is holding up properly, we have decent centre midfielders, i.e. Paro, Zanetti and Giannichedda.
Palermo has the likes of Eugenio Corini and Fabio Simplicio holding in midfield and Bresciano hovering towards the flanks ... they are "decent" central midfielders in my opinion. So your assessment is rather ambiguous.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Morra10 said:
shows how much u no. zaccardo has no own goals, while barzagli has one.

he is a great talent. he has proven that with another solid cb he is a great defender. palermo simply concede goals because they play an attacking style. a 3-5-2 doesnt really help the defence much.
How exactly has he proven that?

Oh wait, because he did not make many mistakes in the World Cup next to an absolutely unbeatable Cannavaro for a game and half. Sorry, I forgot you could base the prospects of a player solely after two games and under the same subsequent conditions..

Unproven and not worth what Palermo will ask.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Barzagli's good but his agent now says there are 5 Big italian clubs that want him and others from Europe too. Juve can't compete in the highest bid wins. Let's get Faty and Criscito back and add them to Kovac and Boumsong and we're done.

vletrmx

Mar 22, 2006
but 15 mln.??? it's too much for a such player. he may have talent, but i see him as a very medium player, who's not worth these 15 mln..

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
mark77 said:
Barzagli's good but his agent now says there are 5 Big italian clubs that want him and others from Europe too. Juve can't compete in the highest bid wins. Let's get Faty and Criscito back and add them to Kovac and Boumsong and we're done.

Criscito?:disagree:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Palermo centeral midfielders apart from Simplicio tackles like a 5 year old girl. There are good technicians around but the team in general but lack that steel and structure in midfield. It is not just about defenders - they play in a philosophy that emphasizes attack, short passes, dummy runs, flicks, and as a consequence defence has taken some backline. For all I know, Barzagli is somewhat inconsistent, and makes some stupid mistakes but the guy has genuine skill set and he looks comfortable in possession. He isnt the most athletic in the world, but his general reading of the game is quite proficient. I say good compliment to some hard defenders we have like Kovac.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
among the latest batch of young Italian defenders, I think Barzagli is the best of the lot...so he should be a good signing. But can he lead the Juve defence? I m not too sure bout that yet

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
mark77 said:
Exactly, we're not qualified to get in a war of prices now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)