Juve still after Barzagli! (102 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igal

Mar 8, 2004
I believe Barzagli will be a very valuable addition to our squad. He's a great defender and I think he will become to be a new Cannavaro.
I don't think that 15 millions is too much for a 25 y/o World Champion. However, Juve is better close the deal now, before some other club snaps him and I'm sure there're many clubs who would love to do it!
Obviously, if he will join us - it'll happen in the summer and not in January, as
a) Palermo still has some top flight fights and they will want to finish as higher as possible (perhaps even win the Scudetto, even if I don't see it happens)
b) Barzagli wont join a Serie B club at this stage of the season, even if this club is Juve.

Anyway, he's a great player and will be a great reinforcement to Juve!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He is propably the best Italian defender of his generation,
i m really pleased we are getting him and not Bonera,
i think all that he needs to make the breakthrough and became a world class player is joining a world class team like Juve,
the price is high for defender though, but Palermo were determined to keep him and dont let him go for a small amount, (maybe thats why Milan didnt buy him) but younger players with great future and 8-10 years carrier in front of them cost that much...

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
I would like to have him in the squad ASAP .. but im not gonna believe anything until he holds up a Bianconero shirt with his number on it and smiling to the cameras :agree:

And his performance in that Australia game .. It was brilliant .. didn't choke even though Italia was so pressed on and 1 man down .. He was just great ..

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
mark77 said:
Barzagli set for Juventus
Wednesday 1 November, 2006
Palermo defender Andrea Barzagli will move to Juventus at the end of the season, Rosanero sporting director Rino Foschi has suggested.

The Bianconeri have been linked with the 25-year-old for some time, with whispers claiming a switch almost occurred during the summer.

But Foschi has now revealed that the former Under-21 international is likely to complete a switch at the end of the current campaign.

“Barzagli is destined for Juve, it is very difficult to block a player like him,” said Foschi in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport on Wednesday.

“We bought him from Chievo in 2004 for £4.6m and we will earn £10m from his sale, so we can’t complain.

“We must also thank Nicolas Burdisso if Barzagli landed here, as he preferred to move to Inter when we already had an agreement with Boca Juniors.”

The Sicilian official also confirmed that his outfit are still interested in netting Chievo man Franco Semioli during the January transfer market.

“If Semioli will agree to a move then we will definitely be glad to welcome him,” added the former Venezia director.

“There is only one transfer operation that I would not repeat and that is sell Luca Toni to one of our direct competitors for that amount of money. President Maurizio Zamparini wanted to keep him but I didn’t listen.

“Amauri instead was a very good buy for us and I am happy that Carlos Dunga didn’t call him up for the Brazilian national team.

“This means he will not have to face stressful trips overseas and he may also be useful to Roberto Donadoni’s Nazionale, as his Italian passport will be ready in a month’s time.”

We should keep Criscito also and this will be our future CB's. :tup:

:weee:

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Turk_Bianconero said:
which is true?

he will come January or end of season
we are getting him in April so Palermo have more time to use him and thus beat Binter and so we have him to celebrate our record number of points in Serie B. :p

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Great news although £15m seems quite a lot. I very much doubt palermo would let him go in january, although it does make you wonder why it was announced so early.

Oct 3, 2004
The ten million transfer fee is a bit too much. However, I'd love to see him play for us. He's a solid defender, and is a hot candidate to fill in the center defense spot for Gli Azzurri.

When (not if :stuckup: ) we get promoted, it would be an appropriate addition to the squad if DD's objectives are to seriously challenge for the scudetto or at least a top 5 finish.

Let's see how he performs tonight vs. Newcastle.

I also liked Terlizzi, the goal-scoring defender of Palermo last-season, now at Samp. However, his performance with Azzurri vs. Croatia in the friendly was crap...Barzagli-Terlizzi, the old Palermo formula, anyone?

Pinturrichio

Oct 30, 2006
barzagli is by far the best italian defender after nesta and cannavaro.... and he is stil l25.. and he is ITALIAn... juventus have got good relationships with palermo and i think we should be in pole to accquire him... than he is only guarantedd a first team place in juve... If Juventus dont take barzagli it would be there fault for loosing such a playerr

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Palermo may sell Barzagli – agent Thursday 2 November, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrea Barzagli’s agent has admitted that his client could leave Palermo at the end of the current campaign.

The Italian international has been linked with a variety of clubs in the past and a 2007 move seems to be on the cards.

“The player didn’t want to leave Palermo in the summer and the club had no intention of selling him anyway,” said Claudio Orlandini to calciomercato.com.

“That was despite receiving consistent offers from the most important Italian clubs around. However, the situation may change next summer…”

Rosanero director general Rino Foschi edged the stopper towards Juventus yesterday and Orlandini has maintained that his client is a wanted man.

“If an important offer was made then Palermo could decide to sell. While he was untouchable last season, he may not be next year,” added the representative.

“Inter, Milan, Juventus, Fiorentina and Roma are the clubs keen on him in Italy, while he’s also wanted abroad.”

Barzagli, who won the World Cup with the Azzurri over the summer, is contracted to the Barbera outfit until 2010.

Football Italia

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Pinturrichio said:
barzagli is by far the best italian defender after nesta and cannavaro.... and he is stil l25.. and he is ITALIAn... juventus have got good relationships with palermo and i think we should be in pole to accquire him... than he is only guarantedd a first team place in juve... If Juventus dont take barzagli it would be there fault for loosing such a playerr
exactly

Pinturrichio

Oct 30, 2006
hej guys.. im watching palermo vs newcastle uefa cup.. barzagli has been substitued in half time hes had a very bad first half.. but i hope i dont start listen to the critics against him.. in my opion he still should be a defnate purchase for juve 's defance

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Pinturrichio said:
hej guys.. im watching palermo vs newcastle uefa cup.. barzagli has been substitued in half time hes had a very bad first half.. but i hope i dont start listen to the critics against him.. in my opion he still should be a defnate purchase for juve 's defance

hes alredi got his eyes on juve hence his bad performance :p

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
Juve will not pay 15 mil for Barzagli. I think they will buy around 12 and giving a player to Palermo. We have a lot of options and because Zamparini is a big fan to the youth system he will took or Nocerino or the defender that play for Genova ( i always forget his name). And then he will buy Canini from Cagliari and will form the next Cannavaro-Nesta defense wall...

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
curi83 said:
Juve will not pay 15 mil for Barzagli. I think they will buy around 12 and giving a player to Palermo. We have a lot of options and because Zamparini is a big fan to the youth system he will took or Nocerino or the defender that play for Genova ( i always forget his name). And then he will buy Canini from Cagliari and will form the next Cannavaro-Nesta defense wall...

depending on the player we give them (i.e. palladino) then the price will be much lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)