Juve still after Barzagli! (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Palermo defender Andrea Barzagli is "destined" to move to Serie B side Juventus in January, according to Rosanero sporting director Rino Foschi.

The World Cup winner has been integral to the Sicilians' great form this season, but a move away from the island when the transfer window re-opens at the turn of the year is now a distinct possibility.

"Barzagli is destined for Juve, it is very difficult to block a player like him," Foschi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We bought him from Chievo in 2004 for 7m euros and we will earn 15m euros from his sale, so we can't complain.

"We must also thank Nicolas Burdisso if Barzagli landed here, as he preferred to move to Inter when we already had an agreement with Boca Juniors."

The Bianconeri were thought to be interested in taking the 25-year-old to Turin over the summer, but a deal was not concluded, leaving Barzagli free to help Palermo race into the upper reaches of the Serie A table, whilst at the same time launching an assault on Europe via the UEFA Cup.

Brilliant in January. Then we will win 1st place for sure

Buy on AliExpress.com

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
Michael_Cutajar said:
Palermo defender Andrea Barzagli is "destined" to move to Serie B side Juventus in January, according to Rosanero sporting director Rino Foschi.

The World Cup winner has been integral to the Sicilians' great form this season, but a move away from the island when the transfer window re-opens at the turn of the year is now a distinct possibility.

"Barzagli is destined for Juve, it is very difficult to block a player like him," Foschi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We bought him from Chievo in 2004 for 7m euros and we will earn 15m euros from his sale, so we can't complain.

"We must also thank Nicolas Burdisso if Barzagli landed here, as he preferred to move to Inter when we already had an agreement with Boca Juniors."

The Bianconeri were thought to be interested in taking the 25-year-old to Turin over the summer, but a deal was not concluded, leaving Barzagli free to help Palermo race into the upper reaches of the Serie A table, whilst at the same time launching an assault on Europe via the UEFA Cup.

Brilliant in January. Then we will win 1st place for sure
source??

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
football italia say barzagli will join juve next season
Palermo defender Andrea Barzagli will move to Juventus at the end of the season, Rosanero sporting director Rino Foschi has suggested.

The Bianconeri have been linked with the 25-year-old for some time, with whispers claiming a switch almost occurred during the summer.

But Foschi has now revealed that the former Under-21 international is likely to complete a switch at the end of the current campaign.

“Barzagli is destined for Juve, it is very difficult to block a player like him,” said Foschi in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport on Wednesday.

“We bought him from Chievo in 2004 for £4.6m and we will earn £10m from his sale, so we can’t complain.

“We must also thank Nicolas Burdisso if Barzagli landed here, as he preferred to move to Inter when we already had an agreement with Boca Juniors.”

The Sicilian official also confirmed that his outfit are still interested in netting Chievo man Franco Semioli during the January transfer market.

“If Semioli will agree to a move then we will definitely be glad to welcome him,” added the former Venezia director.

“There is only one transfer operation that I would not repeat and that is sell Luca Toni to one of our direct competitors for that amount of money. President Maurizio Zamparini wanted to keep him but I didn’t listen.

“Amauri instead was a very good buy for us and I am happy that Carlos Dunga didn’t call him up for the Brazilian national team.

“This means he will not have to face stressful trips overseas and he may also be useful to Roberto Donadoni’s Nazionale, as his Italian passport will be ready in a month’s time.”

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Turk_Bianconero said:
Very good defender for us

15 million is much but he is very well
15 million isnt that much considering with him we will get much more for entering Europe for having a strong defence.

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
15m is a little too much, maybe 10m plus one or two of our talents would be more acceptable.
anyway, we need a player like Barzagli once get back in A no matter how much it would cost us

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Badass Devil said:
i wana see it to believe it b4 i say anything. same was said about gonzalo rodriguez, even the san lorenzo fans said we got him, look where he ended up
Good point. I am delighted by the possibility but we should wait until the deal become official. We are tallking about Zamparini, here. He is just about most volatile, egomaniac that exists - you cant predicut futures about him.

As for Gonalzo - that deal must come down as one of those classic big team "I want to forget" moments. Couple of million Euros and their directors begging us to buy the player, for arguably the best man-marker IMO, was no-brainer. I am pretty sure we can do with Henry, Kaka and Gonzalo in our team. That is a fantasy football - and for the total sum of 15m or thereabout!

Lets pray that Palermo don't make CL next year.

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
15 millon euros is not a little too much,it's WAY too much...

I don't know guys i've always thought of him as a slow and kinda fat defender(from the athens olympics already) but i admit i haven't been following him closely lately,let's hope he proves me wrong..

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
he is a world champion, he had to step in for italy in world cup when materazzi was sent off and did a great job, even the great cannavaro was praising him. this guy is class, he was a hot prospect back at chievo and has lived up to that in my opinion... great buy if we get him! fingers crossed

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Good point. I am delighted by the possibility but we should wait until the deal become official. We are tallking about Zamparini, here. He is just about most volatile, egomaniac that exists - you cant predicut futures about him.
:agree:
he will certainly not come in cheaply, the question is...is there a better cheaper/option ?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

rather at the end of the season. he needs to help palermo mess up inter. still have my doubts about him though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)