Juve sound out Smith (12 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Good move for both parties. Manure could use his quality upfront in the event that Saha or Ruud gets injured, and obviously Leeds need the cash. I wonder how Smith will look in red...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Well, I guess they gave in........or maybe there's a player swap involved which will be revealed later.
They had no choice but to give in imo as there's no way Smith was gonna get them 10m in the first place. He's quality, and I personally like him, but 8m is closer to his real worth than 10 is as far as I'm concerned.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Smith wasn't a necessity by any means, but yeah, I get what you mean. All the players of true quality that we've been linked to have either signed for other clubs or are very close to doing so.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I wonder if Fergie's bold enough to try a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3. Ferdinand, Silvestre, and Heinze across the back, Keane and another DM infront of them, Fletcher/Ronaldo and Giggs on the wings, with Ruud, Louis and Alan upfront is how I think it would be played, but I doubt it'd work.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think that'd be a great team, with huge attacking potential :thumb: but I don't see Ferguson being so bold.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And I don't know if that pairing at the back would work either. Ferdinand plays on the right side of the central defense, while both Heinze and Silvestre play basically the same position. It would be interesting though.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
we never needed him in the first place,but i'd hate to see smith turn out a red devil.

i pray that he'll get to ply his trade overseas instead of at an english club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)