Juve snub hurt Deschamps (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
When they replace the scudetto on kits with a fair play emblem awarded every year, then maybe DD would have reason to dwell on this.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
The only other person I would have wanted more was Mourinho, so yes Juve made a most excellent choice.

:dazed:

Mourinho ? .... makes me sick.:yuck:

He is one complicated, egotistical bastard.

Porto got real lucky this season. Firstly their league isn't half as competitive as the other major leagues. So his team was fresh and fired up while the other clubs were battered and bruised after fighting their own domestic battles.

Inspite of that, they dived and cheated their way through most of the competition. They should have been eliminated by ManU but got extremely lucky. The Depor game was a case of Depor completely falling asleep - again that game was played just days after Depor had played Real Madrid.

We'll see what Mourinho is capable of at chelsea next season. At Porto he had absolutely no pressure on him. He exceeded all expectations by taking Porto to the Champions League semis... from then on it was just a case of riding his luck and closing down all the spaces on the field. Now he will have a lot of pressure on his soulders with fans expecting him to do wonders.

Jan 24, 2004
First come first served.
Didier should learn to pen deals as soon as possible. I guess, negotiating with Moggi is not a matter of panache. Nobody judges the manager how he has the common touch. His job is to sign player/manager in order to form a punchy squad. That's it. Poor Didier :undecide:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I feel sorry for Deschamps, but getting Capello is definitely the better choice at this stage. If I had known Capello was an option, I would've taken him over DD and Prandelli any day of the week. Deschamps will be ready by the time Capello leaves, so if he's willing, we have a pretty good lineup of coaches ready for the next couple of decades

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I feel sorry for Deschamps, but getting Capello is definitely the better choice at this stage. If I had known Capello was an option, I would've taken him over DD and Prandelli any day of the week. Deschamps will be ready by the time Capello leaves, so if he's willing, we have a pretty good lineup of coaches ready for the next couple of decades
Lets hope Didier is willing. There is no reason for Didier to hold a grudge; he must understand the circumstances that went into Moggi's decision to name Capello as coach. It is the best for all parties.

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
im sorry for didi, but for the team signing capello was the best choise. and i'm glad that moggi knew that:)

didi you will come to juve really soon.

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

imo opinion he has to understand that this is just bussiness
I think he does understand that with his head, but he was asked how he felt about what happened. I dont think he will take is personally! Its not Moggi's job to be a nice guy, but to do what is best for Juventus. Few can say chosing Capello was not the best option.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Juve offered DD before getting Capello , but he was thinking how much he wants to earn ! so i don't feel that sorry for him ! i mean yea i feel sorry :p

Dharurat

Oct 16, 2002
capello is the best choice, but i still don't like the way the management has treated deschamps (or trez for that matter)... Deschamps has been loyal to juve during his playing years, achieved a lot, and should have benn treated with more respect.. At least he should have been given an explanation from the management....:(

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Mourinho is a complete grumpy, egotistical SOB. But the guy backed it up this year by putting his biggest statements out on the pitch. Gotta hand it to him for that. You win it all, you don't have to win many popularity contests.

That said, I did think his responses (or lack thereof) to Sir Alex's infantile beeeaatching after ManU's CL elimination were cool-headed, showed far more class than Ferguson, and were perfectly appropriate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)