Juve sign Samatar (1 Viewer)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
O.K. Nosub - Alex Samatar is world class Somalia international striker, young, powerful, the next Maradona. Juve just bought him for a boatload of cash and loaned him to Palermo for Serie A experience.

Salli Samatar is an unknown kid, the younger brother of our Alex. Rumour has it that Salli is even better than Alex, but I will never believe it. We all heard how Hugo Maradona was better than Diego, Max Vieri better than Christian, and Simoni Inzaghi better than Pippo, but it never was true. Alex is the main man.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Serge, what are the club colors of Cookie Pant Juniors? I might want one of their shirts.

Chocolate chip Brown and Macadamia Nut Fudge Beige.

Interesting choice of colors. And I think they have a sponsorhip deal with General Mills, because I swear that their logo looks like the Cookie Crunch thief.

OP
Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #47
    O.K. Nosub - Alex Samatar is world class Somalia international striker, young, powerful, the next Maradona. Juve just bought him for a boatload of cash and loaned him to Palermo for Serie A experience.

Salli Samatar is an unknown kid, the younger brother of our Alex. Rumour has it that Salli is even better than Alex, but I will never believe it. We all heard how Hugo Maradona was better than Diego, Max Vieri better than Christian, and Simoni Inzaghi better than Pippo, but it never was true. Alex is the main man.

I saw Salli play man...he was on trial with Celtic...he's the real deal alright.

Give him...say two years and he'll be right up there with Alex

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    Would someone please shed some light on this Samatar, Silli, Salli? All those that were mentioned. :)
    Ive only seen Samatar play once or twice, I saw him live a couple of months ago when Somalia played against Venezuela. He is a very fast and creative player, and can play in different possitions. He also has amazing dribbling skills. The press here compared him to Ronaldinho, and the brazilian press has compared him to Kaka.

Ive seen his brother like three times in a friend's house (she gets African TV) and he's pretty good. I think he is in the Somalian U-21 team.

Jul 19, 2003

Thanks.......never heard of either of them.:eek: When did he first start to shine and grab the attention of Juve or any other club? Was it the Youth African Cup of Nations?

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #51
    By the way...Salli and Alex have a Scottish Grandmother, and since Salli hasn't played for (Full Team) Somalia yet, Berti Voigts has his eye on him...

MacSamatar.......................YES:fero:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Hey, does anyone Remember Alex's free-kick against Ghana in the semifinals last year?

What a wicked bend on that one. Appiah just stood there and shook his head. Ghana's keeper didn't have a chance

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #53
    ++ [ originally posted by Son of Samatar ] ++
    Hey, does anyone Remember Alex's free-kick against Ghana in the semifinals last year?

What a wicked bend on that one. Appiah just stood there and shook his head. Ghana's keeper didn't have a chance

Sh*t...missed that one:(...I'm sure there will be many more though:cool:

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Oh man, are you screwing with me? If so, you are very funny. If not, I really can't answer because I don't know alot about African football in general, I just know the name of the African footballers that all of Europe is looking at. Samatar was first named in World Soccer magazines "Top 100 young stars" in December 2002. That is when I started looking at him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    How could you miss it?

Anyway, in the juventus website, I think that there is an article with Appiah in there, when he was named a UNICEF ambassador, and they asked him about the African Nations Cup, and he mentioned Samatar, and how he thinks that Juve should get him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)