Juve sign Samatar (3 Viewers)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Juve Summer Transfer Shocker

This just in,

The football world has been turned on its ear by Juventus FC's latest transfer move, the acquisition of 22 year old Striker Alex_Samatar.

Juventus will reportedly pay Samatar's former club in Somalia, a whopping sum of 27 million euros, plus the one year loan of Gianluca Zambrotta. When asked for comment, Director Luciano Moggi, who is currently overseeing the expansion of the juventus medical ward commented that "Samatar is someone that we've been following for a long time, and we felt that he would add a certain image that has been missing from this club since the days of Ravanelli."

When reached for comment, Samatar reacted by jumping up and down

Press conference tomorrow at 7.

Pulled off the wire from the Son of Samatar/Routers News Agency

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I heard that we were rumored to grab him last year. Is he a support striker?

He really impressed me when I saw him play against Ghana in the African Nations Cup.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
WHOA!!!

I cannot believe this!! I saw him play against Venezuela a couple of months ago and he was absolutely amazing.

Im so glad! Im sure his contribution to Juve will be better than expected!

WAY TO GO MOGGI!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Bad deal IMO.... :(

Lasts eason he was most f the time out because of injuries....

He is a trouble maker and he dont have a good realtionship with Pippo inzaghi from Milan. I heard that in a friendly against somalia.... Samatr and INzaghi were insulted each other after the game and the words ended in a war of spits.

IMO he is too selfish to be a juve player,.... and thjere are some better tplayers than him like Gilardino and Vieri. Well maybe we can use him to get Gila

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, but Arturo, he's got some legitimate skill. And, from what I understand, he's a fan favorite in Somalia. The country adores him.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
OK... but i just cant imagine what can happen here...

He can be one of the most hated foreign player in the calccio history. I mean... what could happen if both (he and inzaghi) meet in a juve - milan game??. Those two have some hate between them.

Samatar can be a favourite in his country.... but in italy he is like that ecuatorin referee of the World Cup. After that Friendly game and the Inzaghi incident...people dont even want to think about the SAMATAR word.

I dont know.... ill just see what happens....

:down:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Just wait until they see the kid in action. He's got speed to burn, and he's very technically sound.

I hear that he gives a great interview, too. Very colorful character.

You'll see, you won't be disappointed.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Juve Finally beat Real Madrid in a Major Signing!!! :extatic:

I just heard this on the news:

While Moggi was boarding the Donkey on the way to Airport, a page from the Samater contract fell from his briefcase. It read:

Alex dunga dunga di chitybangbang Samater's Contract Clauses:
1. I must play Everyday and 4ever.
2. I won't play Ice-Hocky with Inzaghi.
3. All Juve players have to be friends with me
4. Mel Gibson gets free season tickets.

or he will join Ancona FC.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Palermo could definitely use some more players as they get promoted.

Besides, he's not a guarantee of getting first team status with Juve right now anyway.

Let him play for Palermo for a year, and then see what happens

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I dont think this is the best idea. Juve need imediate success.

The Vieri talks are stalling and Trez is almost certain to leave juve... so we need a huge signing to boost team moral. we need results for next season or fans will lose intrest.

Also, I spoke to a football-marketing analyst, at a cafe, and he agrees with me. By letting Samater go, Palermo will gain the huge jersey sales profit that immediatly follows a big transfer. We need to keep him for a year, catch the African Market, then loan him out in Dec if we have to.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Hey african market!!!! new horizons!!! :thumb:

maybe in a year or two we will be able to do an african tour "A La Madrid" :thumb:

OP
Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    From the BBC:-

After admitting defeat in the race for the signature of Somali wonder kid, Alex Samatar, Chelsea Coach Jose Mourinho has made it clear he will not accept second place in the hunt for any future transfer targets.

Mourinho, reportedly with 150 million euros in transfer funds at his disposal, had targeted Samatar as his first major signing. However, the Somali hit man chose Italian giants Juventus over the London Aristocrats.

"It is with great dissapointment that I annonce failure in my quest to sign Alex. I have been watching him for some time now, even making enquires when I was manager at Porto. Let it be known across Europe. I am European Champion. I will not be out bought, out fought or out spelled in my determination to sign the quality of player I deem essential to take Chelsea to the level that both I, and Mr Abramovich, aspire to!"

Mourinho has now expressed interest in Samatars' younger brother, Salli, who is reported to be even more gifted than his explosive sibling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)