Juve - Roma player swaps? (2 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Capello targets Roma trio Monday 11 July, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus want to swap Adrian Mutu, Giorgio Chiellini and Santos Mozart for Roma trio Antonio Cassano, Christian Panucci and Amantino Mancini, papers in Italy speculate today.

Juve boss Fabio Capello wants to link up again with the capital threesome, and Juventus are said to be ready to offload three players from a group of seven the Coach does not see as part of his plans for next season.

Mutu, Chiellini and Mozart, as well as Alessandro Birindelli, Enzo Maresca, Fabrizio Miccoli and Manuele Blasi, plus a cash sum of up to £4m, will all be used as bait to tempt Roma to sell.

Reggina midfielder Mozart, 25, has not yet been officially revealed as a Juventus player, but Reggina President Lillo Foti yesterday said that the combative Brazilian will move to Turin.

"Our captain (Mozart) is on his way to Juventus. But I don’t think he will be playing for them next season," commented Foti.

"Juventus have already bought the player, and may do two things with him - send him to Udinese in exchange for David Pizarro, or to Roma, as part of a deal for Cassano."

The Juve-Roma mega-swap deal hinges on the Giallorossi’s successfully appealing their transfer embargo imposed by FIFA for the transfer of Philippe Mexes last season.

Channel4.com

What kind of transfer speculation is that? Is it just me or do you guys think this is a bad deal?
Mutu + Chiellini + Mozart for Panucci + Cassano + Mancini?

I'd really rather keep Mutu and Chiellini at the momment and I dont know about the Mozart thing. Now if Mutu was changed with Miccoli and Chiellini with say Birindelli, then I'd have no problems.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Wad a risky deal. I would keep Mutu + Chiellini. I'm not sure about Mutu's abilities yet, but selling him right away doesn't right. And we will regret selling a future prospect (Chiellini)after seeing his performances of later. For Mozart there r players who can take his place so I wouldn't mind that.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
In Roma are almost convinced that the ban will be lifted,
they still make transfer plans,
this will show us the true power of Roma,(if they have any)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)