Juve renew Oddo interest (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Oddo in new Juve link
Wednesday 28 April, 2004

Juventus have renewed their interest in the services of Lazio’s international full-back Massimo Oddo.

The 27-year-old has been on Luciano Moggi’s hit list for over a year and a deal could finally be done.

The Azzurri player, who is set to feature at Euro 2004, is tied to the capital club until 2007 but an agreement may be reached.

Juventus are said to be ready to offer £3m plus the services of two of their most promising youngsters.

Both Davide Chiumiento and Raffaele Palladino, who were instrumental in their Viareggio victory, could be sent there on loan.

Oddo’s proposed arrival would increase speculation that Lilian Thuram is on his way out of the club.

The Frenchman has had a nightmare campaign and his future at the Stadio Delle Alpi is in doubt.

However, there is the possibility that Thuram could be switched from a right-back to a central defender.

Juventus have had their problems in the centre of defence after Nicola Legrottaglie’s failure to settle in Turin.

Buy on AliExpress.com

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
Interessting, i think Juve would need a player like Oddo, he can add some wingplay.

Then Thuram could be a permanent central back and "teach" up any new players like Ferrari or Mexes.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
Im sure they are aware of them too, but it depends on who will suit the teams playing style best. And Oddo has already proved his quality on a higher level than Trabelsi and Hinkel. There is a reason for why he is on the NT.

Aug 26, 2003
i don't know him, but we need defenders, but i would more like younger defenders he is also 27 why not buying a great one or promising like mexes or ferrari!

hmm..about Palladino and Chiumento i am not sure..

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
    Im sure they are aware of them too, but it depends on who will suit the teams playing style best. And Oddo has already proved his quality on a higher level than Trabelsi and Hinkel. There is a reason for why he is on the NT.
    And there are also reasons as to why Trabelsi is rated as one of the best right backs in the world by most.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    Agreed, but as I understand it Ferreira isn't the cheapest of players on the market.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    But what do people have against Oddo, hes is great offensive, a excellent wing player too. I know Trabelsi is good, but he is only a bit younger "edition" of Thuram. Very similiar.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    Trabelsi is an attacking RB anyway. ;)
    Yeah, but he's better than Oddo when it comes to defending.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    That certainly is true, but it is more likely that Oddo, along with two other good young center backs, will be brought in by Moggi. Hopefully those other two CBs have the letters M, e, x, F, and i in their names!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)