Juve ponder Gallas swoop (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>Transfer</b><br><br>Juventus are lining up an approach for Chelsea defender William Gallas, according to reports in Italy.

Having virtually sealed the signing of Bayern Munich full-back Willy Sagnol, Juve have now switched their attentions to London with the intent of prizing away another free Frenchman.

Gallas has yet to sign a contract extension and will be a free agent in the summer unless the West London club act soon.

The central defender, who has been at Stamford Bridge for four years, has been one of Chelsea’s finest signings of recent times and has commanded a regular first-team place, despite the arrival of £19.85m signing Ricardo Carvalho from Porto last season.

However, with boss José Mourinho seemingly keen on signing Belgian starlet Vincent Kompany, it appears that the France defender may well leave in the summer.

"I admit it," said Gallas recently. "I don’t know if I will stay at Chelsea next season. I have six months to make a decision.

"I am 28 and perhaps now is the time to look elsewhere as I still have another five or six years of my career left."

The capture of his signature would be another coup for Bianconeri director general Luciano Moggi, who has carved out a reputation of grabbing great players for nothing.

The former Marseille stopper would be an ideal replacement for the ageing Lilian Thuram and, like his France teammate, can also play at full-back.

Gallas is likely to be hugely attracted by a move to one of Europe’s heavyweights.

The absence of a transfer fee would enable him to negotiate a lucrative deal and the added bonus of linking up with fellow France colleagues David Trezeguet, Jonathan Zebina, Patrick Vieira, Thuram and, probably, Sagnol might just prove to be an irresistible offer.<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)