Juve offering 7 Mio + Tudor for Ujfalusi ? (1 Viewer)

Rothose

Apr 26, 2004
German newspaper 'Welt' says that Juve wants to sign Hamburg and czech international defender Tomas Ujfalusi ( the article is in german..) :
http://www.welt.de/data/2004/04/27/270295.html
Ujfalusi has been monitored by a host of italian clubs in the last year, he is one of the best defenders in the Bundesliga.
Do you think that this may be true ?
Whats your opinion on Tudor, is he any good ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Welcome to the Forum Rothose.

I have watched Ujfalusi many a times, he is a good young defender. But I think Tudor and 7 million is too much for him. Maybe just 7 million. But he has not been the best this year, he was good last year and made the best starting 11 for the Bundesliga. He could be a good buy. I would rather have Ferrari and Mexes though.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I've heard of him, but never seen him play. I'll keep a look out for him, whether it be with Hamburg or the Czech Rep in the European Championships. Does he get to start for the Czechs though?

OP

Rothose

Apr 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    Ujfalusi is a starter for the czech NT for about 2 years now.
    Concerning the numbers : maybe i misunderstood the text, it is not clearly formulated wether Juve is offering 7 mio AND Tudor or if they want to lower the transfer fee of 7 mio by offering Tudor as a compensation ( the latter seems to be the case...) . And yes, 7 Mio is a lot money in these days. On the other hand, if he is doing well at the Euro, some crazy englishmen might open their wallets... If you look at the huge transfer fees which are spent on mediocre players in England, 7 mio is nothing for english clubs :greedy: ;) ...
    I hope that our management waits until the Euro before selling Ujfalusi.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rothose ] ++
    Ujfalusi is a starter for the czech NT for about 2 years now.
    Concerning the numbers : maybe i misunderstood the text, it is not clearly formulated wether Juve is offering 7 mio AND Tudor or if they want to lower the transfer fee of 7 mio by offering Tudor as a compensation ( the latter seems to be the case...) . And yes, 7 Mio is a lot money in these days. On the other hand, if he is doing well at the Euro, some crazy englishmen might open their wallets... If you look at the huge transfer fees which are spent on mediocre players in England, 7 mio is nothing for english clubs :greedy: ;) ...
    I hope that our management waits until the Euro before selling Ujfalusi.
    It's good to know that Ujfalusi is a first teamer for the Czechs. I'll be sure to check him out in Portugal this summer :)

About the transfer free: yeah, 7m + Tudor sounds like too much. It's either straight up 7m, or a lowered amount of cash + Tudor. Oh and how old is Ujfalusi again?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    Hubschman is another Czech to "check" out. ;)
    yeah, heard he's good. very young too.

looks like Nedved opened up a new Czech connection with juve :D
    we were linked with Grygera, Janklovski, Rosicky, and now this dude!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    any good defender right now is welcome. but tudor has been offered elsewhere, ie. to ajax to try and capture van der vaart. shoudlnt we use him to get the better like that. and i suppose with that kind of cash, mexes and ferrari are available also.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    welcome to juventuz Rothose:)

about ujfalusi,i've never seen him play before except maybe in a czech rep international match,but i have heard of his name before.

is he more of a sweeper(ie nesta) or stopper(stam)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)