Juve need rejuvenation! (1 Viewer)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
But guys, don't forget that we are building a new stadium and that costs something like 200 mln euros!
There is a reason behind Moggi saving up too
We are starting to see red in our books for the first time in 7 years!

sco_tino

Jan 30, 2004
What we need is for the 85-90% of the team (all the players)to play at their peaks for about 90% of the season, then we'd be sure of winning all the titles on offer.

sco_tino

Jan 30, 2004
Look at what Ancelloti has done with Milan this season. I really hate Milan as a team, but I have to accept that they are simply awesome this season, I'm tipping them to win the Champ's cup. And look @ what they did to Depor too. I believe it has to do with your training schedule and your plan for the season, making sure that the team starts the season well and that they peak at the right times too.

Mar 8, 2004
am of the opinion to the total change in the team. we have to get a new play maker in stand of del piero, and a good striker in place of david t.and some fresh legs in the defence line up in place of the older ones. i think that will do the magic.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sco_tino ] ++
Look at what Ancelloti has done with Milan this season. I really hate Milan as a team, but I have to accept that they are simply awesome this season, I'm tipping them to win the Champ's cup. And look @ what they did to Depor too.
Well, with the ritorno of the Depor-Milan CL match, I think the veneer was really pulled back -- if only briefly. Milan is a team playing well above their usual abilities this season, and Juve is playing -- IMO -- below them. This stuff happens in sport.

But an aging defensive back is a real concern. There's a phenomenon that happens with aging, championship-caliber athletes. When the going is good, the work habits are high, they train harder to make up for their lack of youthful energy when paired up with their competition, etc.

But when things start turning sour, the wheels can come off. Players lose focus and that extra incentive to train harder and play above their normal abilities when facing younger players. A downward spiral can result, as the aging players lose touch with those motivators that made them put in the 110% to be in lock step with the best in the league.

Not saying it's so much happening with Juve this season. I think a little of it has. But it will only grow to be a bigger issue if the age of our line isn't addressed.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
We don't need to buy a whole new team, we are just affected by heaps of injuries in the most important point of the season.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
We don't need to buy a whole new team, we are just affected by heaps of injuries in the most important point of the season.
We definitely don't want to buy a whole new team. That's starting from square one, and it's a strategy that would take years to rebuild from to where they even are today.

Injuries this season, and particularly around the most critical week of the year, were a factor. But I am not convinced that we'd have made it through much further in the CL -- or we would have actually defeated one (let alone more) of the Rome/Milan teams this year -- even if we had a perfect bill of health.

Mar 8, 2004
i thought the problems of juventus this season is that we do not have a very good defensive midfielder. the person who is playing that position is not good enough. am talking of ghanian born appiah. thus exposing nedved. making him doing all the attacking and defending alone. i think we need a very good defensive midfielder who can do the odd job like gatosso of milan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)