Juve-Milan Friendly Cancelled (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Milan-Juve Saudi Friendly Canceled Over Terrorism Fears

11/12/2003. Following the terrorist attack that killed more than 15 Italian soldiers in Iraq on Wednesday, Serie A giants AC Milan and Juventus decided to cancel their upcoming friendly match to be held in Riad, Saudi Arabia.

The game was set to be played on December 23rd during the Serie A's winter break.

source: (soccerage.com <http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/r2770.html>)

Damn!!! :frown: :( :fero:

What does Iraq have to do with Riyadh!?!? :groan:

and i was gonna go back home in December!! I could have cought my fav team play in my hometown!

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Majed, I think that it has more to do with the fact that having a large group of people in an enviroment like that may be considered unsafe at this time. It would be a perfect location for a terrorist cell to wreck havoc.

OP
Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    Majed, I think that it has more to do with the fact that having a large group of people in an enviroment like that may be considered unsafe at this time. It would be a perfect location for a terrorist cell to wreck havoc.
    i guess so.... :down:

safey first right? :)

<--- still pissed that i won't see juve play. :groan: it would be nice to see them in my hometown! :cool:

they would have most likely played here:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Wow, that is a really beautiful stadium.

Now just imagine the potential disaster if there were a terrorist strike against it. It's pretty obvious now that these terrorists aren't just Anti-American, they are anti-anyone who supports the US.

Kiko

Jun 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++

That's pretty stupid......why would people bomb some soccer players. There's no motive behind it. As for the other killings, well that's understandable. ;)
    For the same reason they'd kill Italian peace keepers

Jul 19, 2003
    Yeah.....I just said I hadn't found out about that. But still, peacekeepers are involved with politics....soccer players are not. What I mean is that it's not the norm for that to happen...people who have nothing to do with the ongoing "crisis" to get killed like that.

Aug 1, 2003
    oh no, majed, you must feel really down! i'd be really upset if i were you.. don't worry you'll catch em someday.

well who asked italy to help US in the first place anyway :groan: ok ok no politics. sorry :down:

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    will Juve stop playing Milan already ! they have played like 40 times in the last 2 months :|

im getting sick of Juve - Milan games...so im glad this has been called off - But i wish it was Juve - Madrid instead....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)