juve merchandising (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
hi all

my sister's going to venice, florence and rome in june. and I only know Juvestore is at turin and japan, both which she won't visit. is there any other shops or outlets that offers juve merchandising that she can buy at venice / florence / rome ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
There is plenty of Juve merchandise in general football stores, such as "The Fans" in Rome (don't remember where exactly it is, some 10 minutes walk from the Central Train Station), but I am sure that you can look up its exact address on the web.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
hahaha.. Venice , Florence and then Rome?..... aaaa..... those are the days...

make sure she stop at Lazio Point and see how rude they are.... Rome is a very scary place.. their trains looks as if they are bunkers used in Escape From LA....

OP
sallyinzaghi
Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    I don't think I wanna tell her that :) she doesn't have much time in Italy anyways, she has France, Monaco, Spain, Sweden, and Holland to visit.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I'll try to pass along some advice as someone who was just through Venice and Florence this month and Rome a couple years back -- checking out Juve merchandise along the way...

Venice has minimal options -- so don't plan on getting much here. Venetians, despite AS Venezia, is an Italian anomaly as far as calcio tifosi go. There's a quasi-Kappa store on the Rialto bridge that's small and weak on selection beyond bags, jerseys, and smaller items like keychains and discounted "fanny" packs. There's a similar sporting store with a slightly weaker selection depth, but better breadth, at the Campo Manin area of San Marco. Plus the occasional lame flag and 6-year-old size Nedved jersey at tacky tourist stands here and there. Pass.

Florence is a step better than Venice, but it's pretty marginal still (IMO) when compared to Milan, etc. Despite the lot of their Fiorentina merchandise, they seem like a town still in Cecchi Gori denial while losing their fanaticism for calcio (let alone Serie A) at the same time. General calcio swag (no personal reference intended) is pretty limited in areas like the market booths near Piazza di San Lorenzo. I stepped in a couple of sporting stores, but nothing to write home about. Still, I spent limited time here this month -- so you may find things I didn't.

Your/her best bet is probably Rome. Ignore the couple of AS Roma stores near the center for a moment, and there seems to be a much stronger interest in general Serie A team stuff ... not to mention a greater variety of places and offerings. I don't know of any sporting stores offhand, but the options are there and plentiful. Roma is a big calcio town.

(Of course, I could be slightly biased, since the last time I was there was the week after the 05-05-2002 infamy -- and all the stores were still selling Roma championship swag when Juve fans roamed the streets giddy about Lazio's undoing of Inter. :dielaugh: It's always somebody...)

But dang -- you can't beat the Juvestore on Via Garibaldi in Torino, though. It's like a giant bug lamp for juventini such as ourselves. :drool:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Oh, and if she manages to go through Milan at all, there's an excellent shop for Juve (and other team) gear on the east end of Piazza del Duomo, just behind the Duomo.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    Florence ...
    I stepped in a couple of sporting stores, but nothing to write home about. Still, I spent limited time here this month -- so you may find things I didn't.
    Oh, and just remembered a noteworthy one in Florence -- particularly if your sister is planning to head over the to Galleria dell'Academia to see "Il David" (no, not Trezeguet). On the left/west side of Via Ricasoli (I believe) on the way up to the Academia is a pretty good sports store for Juve gear. Half of it is shoes and bathing suits at the underground level, but there's a lot of good soccer gear too.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    well, not much to do in Torino anyways... stores in other cities will have what you're looking for though.
    There's little reason to come to Torino (other than Juve games and merchandise :thumb: ) on a typical tourism level. It lacks the traps of other famous Italian tourist destinations -- historical reference points, museums, artworks, castles, etc. I mean, a town known worldwide most for its infrequent public display of soiled bedsheets of a dubious religious/historical origin?

But in part, I think that's also a small part of what gives Turin tremendous appeal -- at least to me. Whereas places like Florence and Rome are fantastic to see specific things, Turin is fantastic as a place to just be. Nothing you'd send home on a postcard, but everything you'd enjoy as a place to live or just settle in for a while (the big exception being the smog you get, typical of a town in a mountain basin a la L.A. or Mexico City). Fantastic building architecture, wide boulevards, pedestrian areas, coffee and cafes, and a complete dearth of tourists that you may have flown 10,000km just to get away from in the first place. ;)

Sorry for the off-topic salesmanship of Torino. But being my first time there earlier this month, I really loved the place.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    I mean, a town known worldwide most for its infrequent public display of soiled bedsheets of a dubious religious/historical origin?
    :rofl:

OP
    sallyinzaghi
    Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    what does this mean?

Ha aperto i battenti il primo Juventus Corner. Si trova a Sorrento, in provincia di Napoli, luogo caratteristico e molto visitato dai turisti. All’interno del punto vendita Fiorile Sport, in via San Cesareo 95, è dunque possibile acquistare tutti i prodotti ufficiali Juventus in un ambiente dall’atmosfera tipicamente bianconera. Lo Juventus Corner di Sorrento diventerà sicuramente meta non solo dei tifosi campani, ma anche di coloro che, in visita alla splendida costiera amalfitana e dintorni, avranno voglia di portarsi a casa un “pezzo” di Juventus.

Il 1 luglio è prevista l’apertura di altri Juventus Corner nelle principali città italiane, in primis Roma e Milano.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)