Juve line up Burdisso and Nikola Žigić (1 Viewer)

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Zigic in fresh Juve link Friday 16 March, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have stepped up their interest in signing Racing Santander forward Nikola Zigic during the summer.

The latter was already linked with the Turin giants last July, but he moved to Santander instead after netting 55 goals in 77 games for one time European champions Red Star Belgrade.

Despite signing a contract with the Spanish outfit until 2010, the Old Lady of Italian football have renewed their attention in his services.

“Nikola can still improve a lot, but already is an excellent player,” said his former Red Star Coach Walter Zenga. “He would be a good signing if an Italian club were to contract him.”

Zigic has admitted that he would be happy to play in Serie A at some stage of his career and is flattered by Juve’s interest in him.

“I know that they are following me,” he declared. “Am I happy? Who wouldn’t want to play for Juventus?”

Racing have denied reports that there are negotiations underway with the Bianconeri, but have admitted that they would be willing to consider offers for Zigic.

“We have not received any official bids, but we are aware that Nikola is being followed by many,” declared a club spokesman.

“If we were to receive any interesting offers then we would be ready to discuss them.”

http://www.socceritalia.net/applications/NewsManager/inc_newsmanager2.asp?ItemID=4431&rcid=37&pcid=6&cid=37

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
Zigic in fresh Juve link Friday 16 March, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have stepped up their interest in signing Racing Santander forward Nikola Zigic during the summer.

The latter was already linked with the Turin giants last July, but he moved to Santander instead after netting 55 goals in 77 games for one time European champions Red Star Belgrade.

Despite signing a contract with the Spanish outfit until 2010, the Old Lady of Italian football have renewed their attention in his services.

“Nikola can still improve a lot, but already is an excellent player,” said his former Red Star Coach Walter Zenga. “He would be a good signing if an Italian club were to contract him.”

Zigic has admitted that he would be happy to play in Serie A at some stage of his career and is flattered by Juve’s interest in him.

“I know that they are following me,” he declared. “Am I happy? Who wouldn’t want to play for Juventus?”

Racing have denied reports that there are negotiations underway with the Bianconeri, but have admitted that they would be willing to consider offers for Zigic.

“We have not received any official bids, but we are aware that Nikola is being followed by many,” declared a club spokesman.

“If we were to receive any interesting offers then we would be ready to discuss them.”

http://www.socceritalia.net/applications/NewsManager/inc_newsmanager2.asp?ItemID=4431&rcid=37&pcid=6&cid=37

:disagree:

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
"The latter was already linked with the Turin giants last July, but he moved to Santander instead after netting 55 goals in 77 games for one time European champions Red Star Belgrade."

So I guess he was good last year. We don't need him IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)