Juve last night... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22
    But, you know that Juve are trying to reduce the seating, I am sorry to drag this on, but for a club like Juve to have such utterly crap attendances is awful, its like even worst then Lazio get!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    But, you know that Juve are trying to reduce the seating, I am sorry to drag this on, but for a club like Juve to have such utterly crap attendances is awful, its like even worst then Lazio get!
    :rolleyes: No, I don't know a thing... :rolleyes:

It will be better when we get rid of the running tracks, I'm sure of it... And if we moved to Palermo for example we'd get at least 50 000-70 000 people in every game...

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #24
    I hope it does get better, I have no great love for Juve, but it is a little sad to see just attendances...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    I hope it does get better, I have no great love for Juve, but it is a little sad to see just attendances...
    well the general state of Italian football right now is much worse than it wasjust few years ago... :frown:

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #26
    I suppose, I hope it can recover soon, otherwise. Italian football is finished, I can see Italy becoming a selling league, if it doesnt recover...

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    I suppose, I hope it can recover soon, otherwise. Italian football is finished, I can see Italy becoming a selling league, if it doesnt recover...

:rofl::rofl::rofl: this is the biggest bullshit ive ever read on this forum!, congratulations!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    If it wasn't such a hassle to fly to Turin, I'd go there every matchday. :undecide: :down:
    Same here.

btw, I hope that the rebuilding of the Delle Alpi will make more fans go at the stadium. 6k for the team like Juve its really a shame.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Actually Emerson makes a fair point here. I can complain about low attendences all I want but in 9 years supporting this club I haven't been to the Delle Alpi once, not because I can't, if I really wanted to I could go say once or twice a year, but because I have more interesting things to do with my holiday.
    He has a point, but it´s not relevant here. What club in the world fills up their stadium with international supporters every game? I would say no team, and if there is (Manyoo or something) I bet there´s thousands upon thousands of locals who are dying to get their hands on tickets or season tickets.

7000 people is simply a disgrace. A stadium that fits 40.000 is overkill, something needs to be done. IMO the fans in Torino should very much be ashamed, this just won´t do. Either there´s not enough fans, or the fans who are there needs to go to the stadium more.
    ++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
    Then you should respect other people who doesnt attend the matches too!, were you live is irrellevant, this is about the mentality!, princip.
    That´s just stupid. Don´t know how much time or money you have, but in a world where resources like money and time were free you´d have a just point. But that ain´t the way it is.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Its shocking. People now refer to Turin as the ghost town. These low attendances though, should be attributed in bit to the unfriendly spectator environment. Its not that there arent fans for Juve out there, and theyre not glory hunters either. I think people prefer watchning the game at home, probably because theyll have a better view of the action. That being said, its ridiculous not to be out in force when your team is one of the most successful club teams in the world. Where is the love Turin?

PS: This is a little off topic, but something really ticked me off last nite, was watching Sky's coverage of the games where they reviewed the Juve Maccabi game. The ***** of a presenter actually had the nerve to say after the game Juve could be a "quiet threat" for the CL this season. Well I think their pedigree deserves a little more respect and acknowledgment, than being just a quiet threat. If they arent serious contenders than who are - ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea only ? Obviously his ignorance was annoying. Wtf do these guys think? Rooney is pele and Juve are pushovers? Firstly he should be a little more diplomatic hosting a cl show, and secondly a little more respectful to clubs that dont glamourise themselves to win trophies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I think its time for Juventus of Turin to become Juventus of Palermo. Not matter what you do to the Delle Alpi, fans will not be interested in Juve. Hell you could hand out free jerseys and people probably wouldn't show up. Turin football fans will stay true to Torino, and its been that way for years. The only solution I'm afraid is to move the Club.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    Its shocking. People now refer to Turin as the ghost town. These low attendances though, should be attributed in bit to the unfriendly spectator environment. Its not that there arent fans for Juve out there, and theyre not glory hunters either. I think people prefer watchning the game at home, probably because theyll have a better view of the action. That being said, its ridiculous not to be out in force when your team is one of the most successful club teams in the world. Where is the love Turin?

PS: This is a little off topic, but something really ticked me off last nite, was watching Sky's coverage of the games where they reviewed the Juve Maccabi game. The ***** of a presenter actually had the nerve to say after the game "quiet threat" Juve are for the CL this season. Well I think their pedigree deserves a little more respect, than to be just a quiet threat. Of course being English he though Man U, Chelski etc are the teams to look out for. Wtf do these guys think? Rooney is pele and Juve are pushovers? Firstly he should be a little more diplomatic hosting a cl show, and secondly a little more respectful to clubs that dont glamourise themselves and yet win trophies.
    English commentators always show that they think highly of their teams. They always think that English sides are the ones to beat, while other clubs from different countries have been beating them for years in the latter stages of the tournament.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Yea, but their ignorance is extremely annoying. And im referring more to the presenters than the actual commentators given the fact that the commentators probably have to gather facts about the club before commenting on a game. I resent the fact that a club like Juve are looked upon as a solid team and nothing more, when in reality they are better than any of the glamourised teams in the torunament, like Chelsea or whichever other team. It helps to be underrated, but how can someone presenting a show being watched around europe\the world, make such ignorant comments? In fact, Andy Gray a commentator in the studio then went on to say how star studded and strong Juve are, while that guy just sat blankly uninterested in what he had to say. Waiting to move on to cover the Man U Fernabache game.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Yea, but their ignorance is extremely annoying. And im referring more to the presenters than the actual commentators given the fact that the commentators probably have to gather facts about the club before commenting on a game. I resent the fact that a club like Juve are looked upon as a solid team and nothing more, when in reality they are better than any of the glamourised teams in the torunament, like Chelsea or whichever other team.
    They usually are portrayed just as that, in some instances it works in our favor. This attitude of Juve not being that much of a threat will in the end help our cause. Not many people thought we'd reach the Final in 2003, as I remember an English analyst saying "strong team, but Barca will run them out at Camp Nou". Same thing for the Madrid match.

I'm used to hearing people downplay Juve before matches, but I don't worry about it. They leave it on the pitch, and the trophy case shows that.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Of course, its better to win trophies than just talk about winning em. But God, how about a little respect if not anything else. A couple years ago when Juve were playing Madrid in the semis, soccernet already had a published article about why Madrid will make it to the finals. And i cant believe they drew that conclusion from the fact that Madrid beat Man U at Old trafford. Isnt that pathetic?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Of course, its better to win trophies than just talk about winning em. But God, how about a little respect if not anything else. A couple years ago when Juve were playing Madrid in the semis, soccernet already had a published article about why Madrid will make it to the finals. And i cant believe they drew that conclusion from the fact that Madrid beat Man U at Old trafford. Isnt that pathetic?
    Its very pathetic. But again these are English writers who work for Soccernet (I assume), so thats to be expected. Yeah a little more respect would be nice, but it doesn't bother me. The Spanish and English press looked stupid after the Semifinals in 2003.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)