Juve in Pole Position for Pedretti (2 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #43
    Actually a good chance, except for Ibrahimovic. A better chance than Arsenal winning the Champion's League in the future!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    So you think we're not gonna win it? (at least for a long while)

You never know, we could even win it next season if the right changes are made

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I tend to be an optimist long-term. I'm pessimistic when it comes to matches coming up in a matter of weeks, but i always expect us to win stuff at the start of a season

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #51
    Anyway, isn't Appiah on loan with us? I have not heard anything about Juve signing him yet, so theoretically we can just give him back to Parma after this season and bring in Pedretti. Is Moggi thinking about this?

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
    Anyway, isn't Appiah on loan with us? I have not heard anything about Juve signing him yet, so theoretically we can just give him back to Parma after this season and bring in Pedretti. Is Moggi thinking about this?
    r u serious?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    We got him on loan for 2m with the option of buying him for 6m.

I don't think we'll give him back so hastily, it was only his first season and he's only 24

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    To tell u the truth... i really lake the footwork of appiah...the guy moves with good pace...but his passes just make me wish him to go out of the team....

Why he is so bad passing the ball?? whou could had been a great help for us.

Hope that if he stays...his will change in him.

Markko

May 29, 2003
    Probably someone supposed appiah could be a substitution for Davids.
    Well, he is not. He is very good, but not excellent.
    Still, he should stay in Juve for another season. Maybe his qualities will be shown. He cannot be judged according to this bad Juve season full of injuries.

I like Pedretti. Why not take him.

Another problem: Nedved is getting old. Deco?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    yeah, i heard that appiah was only a loan. dont quite understand that though, because we gave blasi on loan and paid 7 mill didnt we?

gasbaronni wont be at juve until another two seasons unless we get a new coach who likes young stars.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
    Appiah is only a loan because it looks better on the budget. It's simply spreading our deficits. We will certainly take over his contract from Parma after the season (whether Appiah will be used in other deals is possible though, but I doubt it).

Last thing... I simply do not understand why anyone wants Ibrahimovich? The Ajax fans would be thrilled if we paid up big. He has alot of talent, but like Kluivert, he simpy cannot score with the required regularity. He cannot do that in Holland with the best team in the league.. why would you think he could do it in serieA?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Glen ] ++
    Last thing... I simply do not understand why anyone wants Ibrahimovich? The Ajax fans would be thrilled if we paid up big. He has alot of talent, but like Kluivert, he simpy cannot score with the required regularity. He cannot do that in Holland with the best team in the league.. why would you think he could do it in serieA?
    Because his role in Ajax isn't an out-and-out striker. If his role in the team was to just sit up front and bang in goals, maybe he'd bag a few more, but Zlatan plays deeper and continually makes runs and chances for his team-mates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)