Juve eye Van Der Vaart (3 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
VDV RACE HOTS UP
source channel4

Ajax sensation Rafael Van der Vaart could be on the verge of a summer move to Juventus.

Reports in Holland suggest that the Italian club have joined Barcelona and Manchester United in the chase for the 21-year-old.

The creative attacking midfielder, who is considered as one of the most promising players in Europe, will be available for transfer.

Ajax reportedly want around £9m for the Dutch international who could be a star at Euro 2004.

However, Juventus could get that figure lowered if they also make a swoop for teammate Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The Swedish striker has been linked with the Delle Alpi side for some time even if the Old Lady have been associated with numerous other strikers.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve_7 ] ++

my favourite would have to be the one he did in scent of a woman this one was a mastre peice not to mintion the one at the end of devil's advocate ...this guy is the God of acting for me
Al pacino rules, so does scarface.
He was also amazing in the godfather.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
It would be a very bad move not to get van der vart. He is probably the best young player in europe right now.
imagine having him for 9 years it would be great. Zlatan would also be a brilliant move, we should not waste this chance to get these players like we have with many players before.

i think the team would look something like this if we got them.

--------------------buffon-----------------

-----?-------thuram---ferrari---zambrotta------

----------------tachi----maresca----------------

---------del piero--nedved---van er vart------

----------------------zlatan

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
I like better Snejder. Everytime I saw Ajax in action Snejder was always better than VDV. Does anybody here had the same impression?

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++
I like better Snejder. Everytime I saw Ajax in action Snejder was always better than VDV. Does anybody here had the same impression?
I think both are good , but neither of them will come , because juve want cheap players who cost less than 1 mil:D

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

I think both are good , but neither of them will come , because juve want cheap players who cost less than 1 mil:D
Yeah just laugh, will wait and see who's laughing when some major club goes bancrupt. And Juve is still going with millions in plus. Juve's "buying" philosofi has so far given us 27 scudettos!!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++

Yeah just laugh, will wait and see who's laughing when some major club goes bancrupt. And Juve is still going with millions in plus. Juve's "buying" philosofi has so far given us 27 scudettos!!
I agree, we are just being reasonable... Sadly, that means that we probably can't afford to buy VDV unless we sell our stars like DP and Nedved (Trez is leaving anyway...)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
9 million is nothing for a player of his quality! I just hope Moggi doesn't let this opportunity slip away..... :D

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Well 9 mils is still something without massive sellings first. And only player whose selling will boost bank account is Trez and after that there's another spot where we need to get a quality player and the state of current backline, well...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Oh please. You don't seriously think we could get Van der Vaart for a lousy ₤9m do you? I mean, AS Roma paid Ajax ₤12m for Cristian Chivu and he was neither as good nor as popular as Van der Vaart. There are at least three clubs in various countries going to be interested, there is NO WAY his price wouldn't rise above at least ₤14m

IMO

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
By selling Trez, we should recieve about 25 million E's. So, we spend 9 million for VDV, as well as about 6 for Mexes and 6 for Ferrari. That leaves us 4 million at least, not including if someone like Tudor gets sold or is invloved in part of the deal to Ajax. To replace Trez, get Gilardino. How much would he cost, 6 million as well? I think VDV, Mexes, Ferrari, and Gilardino could all in theory be bought in the summer, that is if Trez gets sold for hopefully 27 million. Yeah, in theory, but unfortunatly, not in reality if we know Moggi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)