Juve Diary: Day Two (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
9am
With the first day under our belts and everyone fully immersed in the convivial atmosphere sweeping around the club’s pre-season base, it’s an early start for the Bianconeri’s second day of training.
And despite the ball remaining locked in the dressing room for the first workout, there’s still an impressive turnout in the stands. Fitness tests, though an essential ingredient of close season preparations, aren’t the most interesting of spectator sports, but this fails to affect the supporters, who continue to spur their heroes on from the sidelines.
Paolo Bertelli and his staff work alongside the Mapei Research Centre to gain an accurate assessment of the players’ physical condition after a long summer away from the training ground.
1.45pm
In keeping with Juve’s pre-season routine, the daily press conferences make a welcome return.
First up is new arrival Kwadwo Asamoah. The 23-year-old Ghanaian international, who joined Mauricio Isla in completing a summer switch from Udinese, conveys a steely determination to make his stay in Turin a successful one.
“I’m very happy to be here,” he states. “I’ve been here for two days and heard the fans shout out ‘Asa’ during yesterday’s training. I liked that a lot. I feel very proud to be here and it’s great the fans are taking to me.”
“The competition doesn’t scare me. Football isn’t about just one person, we’re a team. I’m here to help out the side, it’s not a problem if I’m on the bench. I’m here to give my all and help the team.”
5pm
As Simone Padoin said in this morning’s exclusive video tour of Juve’s hotel facilities, the four-hour period between lunch and afternoon training is vital for the players to recharge their batteries ahead of the toughest workout of the day.
And it appears the Bianconeri have done just that as a fast-paced, sharp technical-based session is played out under the watchful eyes of Angelo Alessio. The eleven-a-side practice match finishes 3-2 to the team wearing white, with Pepe, Bouy and Masi scoring the decisive goals.
Juventus legend Moreno Torricelli makes an appearance on the sidelines, much to the delight of the watching Bianconeri faithful. The uncompromising defender is no stranger to Val d’Aosta, having participated in three pre-season campaigns between 1995 and 1998.
8pm
After Martin Caceres’ promise to shed his trademark locks if Juventus win the treble, an even bigger crowd waits patiently at the Summer Village to hear what tonight’s guests, defensive duo Alberto Masi and Stephan Lichtsteiner, have to say ahead of the forthcoming season.
The ‘Swiss Express’ confirms his hunger for further honours in black and white: “I want to win everything. It’s always tough to finish top, but it’s even harder to stay there. That’s our aim. And we also want to do great things in the Champions League.”
Young prospect Masi, who arrived from Pro Vercelli in a co-ownership deal, is eying a permanent stay in black and white: “My aim for the season is to remain here. I’ll look to learn as much as I can from the many international defenders in the squad.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)