Juve Diary: Day Six (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
10am
Antonio Conte maintains the intensity of the Bianconeri’s preparations ahead of this afternoon's first outing of the season against Aygreville.
Despite his men gearing up to face the local outfit in hot afternoon temperatures at Saint-Vincent’s Stadio Perucca, the manager conducts a 10am training session to enable the squad to approach the encounter in peak condition.
A focus on fitness makes up the bulk of this morning’s work, with Conte’s backroom staff monitoring the players as they run several laps of the pitch at Stadio Brunod.
11am
News breaks of Gigi Buffon and Andrea Pirlo’s nomination for the UEFA Best Player in Europe award. It’s a worthy recognition for the two Azzurri internationals, who both played a key role in the Bianconeri’s victorious march to the Scudetto. The list of 32 players will be whittled down to just one winner in August.
5.30pm
A capacity crowd at Saint-Vincent’s Stadio Perucca is treated to a 7-1 Juventus win as Conte’s men enjoy their first run out of the 2012/13 campaign against Aygreville.
New arrivals Masi, Lucio and Asamoah all start in a 3-5-2 formation, with the manager taking the opportunity to cast his eye over several Primavera prospects following the break.
A Quagliarella double and goals from Vucinic, Matri, Boakye, Vidal and Padovan put the result beyond doubt.
“It was a useful workout, especially in light of the physical work we did in the morning,” says Conte shortly after the final whistle in Saint-Vincent. “There’s a lot to work on, but we already knew that. I wanted to give the new arrivals a game and was also interested to see how last season’s players fared.”
Debutant Kwadwo Asamoah, meanwhile, is delighted to get his Bianconeri career up and running.
“This game was important for me,” he states. “It was my first for Juventus, a strong team that won the Scudetto. I’m happy about my performance, but also for how the first few days have gone. I’m getting on well with everyone, both team-mates and staff. The way of playing is different from Udinese’s system, but it’s a system I like.”
Giuseppe Marotta, a keen observer from the stands, hopes the choice of pre-season venue will stand Juventus in good stead over the years to come.
“The new season has got off to a good start on pre-season in Chatillon/Saint-Vincent,” affirms the club director. “It’s a place that takes us back in time. Juventus built many important successes here and we’ll look to emulate them.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)