Juve Diary: Day Four (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
9.30am
There’s great excitement ahead of Lucio’s first press conference as a Juventus player, due to be held shortly before 2pm. People are understandably eager to hear the views of a player who moved from from Inter to Juventus, whilst also curious to see exactly how he will fit in to Antonio Conte’s plans.
The Brazilian looks in good shape in his second training session since joining up with the Bianconeri yesterday, undergoing technical drills alongside his new team-mates in the morning workout.
1.45pm
The moment has arrived and the World Cup winner doesn’t disappoint. Various topics are covered, from the reasons behind the defender accepting a new challenge, to his view on how many titles Juventus have won (he said ’30’, for the record).
“I’ve turned over a new leaf,” he tells reporters. “I’m happy and I think it’s an important step as far as my career’s concerned. There’s an excellent project here and I feel it’s important to remain at a high level playing for a great side.”
3.30pm
Official confirmation arrives of two new additions to Conte’s backroom staff from last year. These are Julio Tous and Costantino Coratti, who will both work alongside Roberto Sassi in the fitness department.
Coaches Angelo Alessio, Massimo Carrera and Cristian Stellini have been confirmed for the forthcoming campaign, along with goalkeeping coach Claudio Filippi. Roberto Sassi maintains his role as Head of Training Check.
5pm
Conte is the recipient of unrelenting applause as he leads a predominantly tactical-based session at Chatillon’s Stadio Brunod, running through potential moves for Tuesday’s friendly test against Aygreville.
And the appreciation continues when the Bianconeri round off their workout with a practice match played on half a pitch. It proves to be Matri’s time to shine, with the striker rifling a hat-trick which adds to Boakye’s goal to give the side wearing bibs a 4-2 victory. Quagliarella and Vucinic net consolations for the opposition.
8pm
A multi-national Primavera take to the Summer Village stage to be interviewed by DJ Nana and Valeria Ciardiello. Joining the three Italians (Andrea Schiavone, Stefano Padovan and recent arrival Daniele Rugiani) are Spanish stopper Pol Garcia Tena, Icelandic defender Hordur Magnusson, Swiss full-back Joel Untersee, Brazilian midfielder Gabriel Appelt, Dutch playmaker Ouasim Bouy and Ghanaian forward Richmond Boakye.

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)