Juve deny Del Piero feud (1 Viewer)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Juve deny Del Piero feud

Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi has dismissed speculation that has suggested the club are in dispute with striker Alessandro Del Piero.

The talismanic figure has failed to rediscover the type of form that once made him one of Europe's finest and has faced continual criticism in his homeland.

However, Moggi has backed the player to return from this indifferent patch - citing a tendon injury as the source of this latest loss of form.

''If Del Piero isn't in good condition it is because of a tendon injury,'' claimed Moggi.

''Until he was unfit he played well. The physical problems have jeopardised his preparation but we are convinced he will recover soon.''

Del Piero took up a place on the bench in Juve's UEFA Champions League clash on Tuesday, with Sweden international Zlatan Ibrahimovic winning a starting berth.

Speculation has suggested Del Piero is uncomfortable with the arrival of Ibrahimovic, but again, Moggi denies this claim.

''It isn't true that Del Piero suffers from Ibrahimovic's presence,'' continued Moggi.

''It's an advantage being close to big champions. The club is close to Del Piero but before being a champion, he is a man.

''He knows what to do to face these situations. He will be back to the player we know.''

--------------------------------------

yeah, let's start this foolish argueing again, I bet that DP won't leave, but should he leave?! Not in my opinion, but I bet that some of you disagree (come on aressandro!) :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Erkka

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2
    Moggi defends Del Piero
    Wednesday 29 September, 2004

---------------------------------------------------

Alessandro Del Piero is not past his best, insists Juventus director general Luciano Moggi.

The No 10 hasn’t had the greatest starts to the new season which has led to wide criticism from the Italian media.

But Moggi maintains that Del Piero’s recent performances have been hampered by his present physical condition.

"If Alex isn’t at his best right now then that is because he has a small tendon problem," revealed the club official.

"Up until that point, Del Piero had done fine but we are convinced that he will soon be playing well again."

However, the Italian international has been dropped on a number of occasions already this term after the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"Del Piero is not suffering the presence of Ibrahimovic because it is only an advantage to have such champions in the same squad," added Moggi.

"The club are staying close to Alex but he is a man and not just a player. He knows what to do in these situations and I’m sure that the Del Piero we all recognise will return."

The attacker was rested for last night’s 1-0 win over Maccabi but he should start at the weekend against Udinese.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    this is danegerous topic :D .I don't want to talk much about it.because there are a lot of people will give me headache.
    We just have to start accepting or stp dreaming about del piero's old form.he will never gain that from again.I hope i am wrong.but i care more for juve than del piero.for juve's sake we can't wait him anymore so he needs to leave PERIOD.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    in case you haven't noticed tom,this thread is still in the wrong forum;)
    I didn't actually. nevermind .. it can stay here now just to piss you off :D

OP
    Erkka

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

I didn't actually. nevermind .. it can stay here now just to piss you off :D
    :D

++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
    Oh my God, a Del Piero thread??

Haven't seen a new one of these in at least 45 minutes.
    :D Actually I haven't been very active in these DP threads...

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
    Juve deny Del Piero feud

Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi has dismissed speculation that has suggested the club are in dispute with striker Alessandro Del Piero.

The talismanic figure has failed to rediscover the type of form that once made him one of Europe's finest and has faced continual criticism in his homeland.

However, Moggi has backed the player to return from this indifferent patch - citing a tendon injury as the source of this latest loss of form.

''If Del Piero isn't in good condition it is because of a tendon injury,'' claimed Moggi.

''Until he was unfit he played well. The physical problems have jeopardised his preparation but we are convinced he will recover soon.''

Del Piero took up a place on the bench in Juve's UEFA Champions League clash on Tuesday, with Sweden international Zlatan Ibrahimovic winning a starting berth.

Speculation has suggested Del Piero is uncomfortable with the arrival of Ibrahimovic, but again, Moggi denies this claim.

''It isn't true that Del Piero suffers from Ibrahimovic's presence,'' continued Moggi.

''It's an advantage being close to big champions. The club is close to Del Piero but before being a champion, he is a man.

''He knows what to do to face these situations. He will be back to the player we know.''

--------------------------------------

yeah, let's start this foolish argueing again, I bet that DP won't leave, but should he leave?! Not in my opinion, but I bet that some of you disagree (come on aressandro!) :D
    what?...i am ur choice as the ultimate Del Piero hater now?...does the username ARESSANDRO10 means anything to u? :D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    moggi wont come out and criticise a club champion and captain. del piero was out of form before this injury occured, so i dont see where moggi is coming from.

del piero will be back, he has to now. we are short on strikers only having two and teh team lacks creativeness. he can help both situations.

OP
    Erkka

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

so you not adding me ? :down:
    still considering... :D

++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

what?...i am ur choice as the ultimate Del Piero hater now?...does the username ARESSANDRO10 means anything to u? :D
    :D You were the first one who came to my mind when I thought about DP's critics...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)