Juve can keep Trezeguet (1 Viewer)

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Yesterday Trezeguet's father stated that David wants to stay at Juve.
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun7g.html

And today David himself said that he feels 100% juventino.
This is from sports.it Sorry for poor translation

Trezeguet: "Capello it has to me chiamato" David Trezeguet leaves to mean of having the possibility to remain to the Juve: "Capello it has telephoned to me - it reveals - has asked to me if pits available to work with he: me I did not wait for, has made me indeed piacere". Trezegol has given its "ok". "Gli I have said that I would be very happy for making part of its plan and that one of the Juve. Task that the society has made the better choice from the point of view of the technician. And to me it would appeal to to work with he. Of the rest I feel myself juventino to the 100 for cento".

Buy on AliExpress.com

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
The translation is really poor, but thanks for the info!

Trezeguet is fine with me. If Capello can turn him into a good player and he plas a good EURO 2004, I would like him to stay! However, I do think we need another tall forward.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Even if Trez has a good Euro 2004, I don't think Capello can 'turn him into a good player'. Trezeguet is a good player, but he's just not the type of forward that a lot of people desire. No amount of coaching can turn Trez into a hard-working, mobile forward who drops deep, pressures defences and helps out his teammates.

He's got amazing goalscoring ability and great positioning sense, but I'm afraid he's as good as he'll ever be.

Oct 1, 2002
a better translation
source = channel4.com

David Trezeguet may still be leading the Juventus attack next season after a call from new boss Fabio Capello.

It was widely expected that the striker would be sold but he’s ready to remain at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

"A lot of my recent comments have been misinterpreted," he told the Tuttosport newspaper. "My desire is to continue playing in the Bianconeri shirt.

"Capello has phoned me and asked whether I was ready and willing to work with him at the club.

"I was happy to be asked and I responded positively because I want to be a part of the Juventus project.

"I feel like a Juventino in every sense and I want to stay here in Turin for as long as possible."

However, problems remain between the player and the club seeing as his contract expires next summer.

Talks over an extension have taken place but Juventus seem unlikely to meet his wage demands.

The club have also set their sights on signing Inter striker Christian Vieri, even if Real Madrid have joined the race too.

Trezeguet is reportedly keen on a switch to Barcelona but the Nou Camp outfit have only offered £7m for him – Juve want double that amount.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
This is great, I'd definitely chose Trezegol over Vieri or even Morientes... Gilardino?! - well, that's another case...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
i'd like trez to stay, but just IF we get another younger striker, and sell di vaio.
yeap, Di Vaio out and Cavenaghi in sounds great to me...

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
Juve in Trez U-turn? Tuesday 8 June, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Trezeguet may still be leading the Juventus attack next season after a call from new boss Fabio Capello.

It was widely expected that the striker would be sold but he’s ready to remain at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

"A lot of my recent comments have been misinterpreted," he told the Tuttosport newspaper. "My desire is to continue playing in the Bianconeri shirt.

"Capello has phoned me and asked whether I was ready and willing to work with him at the club.

"I was happy to be asked and I responded positively because I want to be a part of the Juventus project.

"I feel like a Juventino in every sense and I want to stay here in Turin for as long as possible."

However, problems remain between the player and the club seeing as his contract expires next summer.

Talks over an extension have taken place but Juventus seem unlikely to meet his wage demands.

The club have also set their sights on signing Inter striker Christian Vieri, even if Real Madrid have joined the race too.

Trezeguet is reportedly keen on a switch to Barcelona but the Nou Camp outfit have only offered £7m for him – Juve want double that amount.

he feels like a juventino....!

im :touched:

juventusi

Jul 22, 2002
it's a trick guys to get trez to sign a new contract and then negotiate with other clubs with no time stress

moggi &capello ---> sons of a gun

hahahahaha

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by juventusi ] ++
it's a trick guys to get trez to sign a new contract and then negotiate with other clubs with no time stress
and give him signing fee worth £3M?! :undecide: but it sounds like Moggi-kind of thing to do...

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Even if Trez has a good Euro 2004, I don't think Capello can 'turn him into a good player'. Trezeguet is a good player, but he's just not the type of forward that a lot of people desire. No amount of coaching can turn Trez into a hard-working, mobile forward who drops deep, pressures defences and helps out his teammates.

He's got amazing goalscoring ability and great positioning sense, but I'm afraid he's as good as he'll ever be.
Well said. That sums it all up perfectly.

Trez is one of the best at what he does, but it's whether that is enough - that is the question that needs to be asked.

I would love to get a finisher like Trez but also a player who can cause problems for the opposition and create his own chances, I'm afraid this type of player wouldn't come cheap.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Trezeguet wants more money, his wife which is Spanish want him to live in Spain. He wants to transfer to Barcelona.

I am sure the club keeps negotiating with him about his future all the time, and that includes an opportunity to stick around. Because purchase of a high class striker is yet to take place.

So, these "phone calls" from Capello etc. is a normal thing. The transfer window has just started and various things may happen.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I will tell his wife that she should live in her home country without getting divorsed with David.

Sally, I though you were gonna give ME a chance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)