Juve: Blasi And Ferrari Now, Torres In July (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
CHELSEA WARNED OVER TORRES
Wednesday 4th February 2004

Torres: going nowhere

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has issued a stern 'hands-off' warning to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich after reports linking The Blues with Fernando Torres.
The Spanish international starlet is widely regarded as the hottest striking prospect in European football, and is enjoying a prolific season for Los Rojiblancos.

The 19-year-old already has 14 goals to his name this term and currently lies behind only Ronaldo in the Primera scoring charts.

With the financial clout billionaire Abramovich has brought, Chelsea have been linked with a seemingly endless list of big-name stars but Cerezo insists they would be wasting their time looking at Torres.

"The best thing he (Abramovich) can do is stay in England or look for players in Russia," blasted the Atletico chief.

"He has nothing to do with us. We would never do any sort of business for Fernando Torres.

"We don't know anything about these rumours, but it isn't something that worries us.

"He can break the bank if he wants, but he has tried other deals that have not worked out well.

"We are calm, and the only thing that we are thinking about is continuing to fight for the Champions League."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmmm i know this is relevant to us directly, but hopefully it kinda hints we aint gonna get compotition from chelsea, thus i hope we can do a mogi style deal, giving them some players in summer......Zala, olivera, loan others....

I have changed my opinion after watching him a few more times........he is class already, and he is gonna be HUGE, as good as even better than RVN.

If we get a new striker this guy must be the number one target!!!!!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Torres is more of a support striker anyways, and we have plenty of those. We need a point striker, an out-and-out striker, and as good as Torres is, he isn't what we need. Cavenaghi could be.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
and i can't see moggi buying a wanted hotshot like torres anyway.

and if chelsea are truly in the running,we needn't even think about it.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Also, Milan loaned about half a dozen players to Atletico, so surely they have an advantage over us if they really want Torres.

Aug 1, 2003
why do they always loan players to Atletico? :confused:

What's wrong with getting Inzaghi :mad: :D

Ferrari would be well, seeing Blasi in Juve makes me want to cry and whimper, torres... I like him, but, he's a striker right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)