juve attendences (home and away) (3 Viewers)

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Emerson, I dont know what to say I have never met someone like you before, can you really really honestly believe that! Must, just be the rest of the world wearing headphones or something like that blocking on the sound of the 'crowd'
its useless to say anything to you, because you dont know what ur talking about, have you ever been at delle alpi and/or a major match in spain?

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
that is so not true!, 18,000 juve fans makes as much noisy atmosphere as a full bernabeu/camp nou!
It's not just about numbers you know... our fans just don't seem to be that vocal throughout the match; only at the start of halves and when we score etc.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

It's not just about numbers you know... our fans just don't seem to be that vocal throughout the match; only at the start of halves and when we score etc.
I dunno if you been there, but delle alpi is extremely huge, you dont get the noise and atmosphere caught up by tv at all, i promise, i know how it is there, Juve fans in curva sud are known for making the best atmosphere.

English style stadiums catches the sound much better since they are more intensely designed, the crowd are closer to the pitch/tv-production staff.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I have been to Real - Barca about 4 years ago, when I was in Barcelona, the atsmophere was amazing, I have been to Man United - Liverpool, again the atsomophere was intense, and I have been when we have played Lazio. I have never seen Juve play live, so perhaps I cant comment completely, but all I know is alot of people (juve fans included) say that the atmosphere is awful! You cant say that about a game for Roma, there is always an atsmosphere thats why clubs/players/fans love coming to the Olimpico!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
I dunno if you been there, but delle alpi is extremely huge, you dont get the noise and atmosphere caught up by tv at all, i promise, i know how it is there, Juve fans in curva sud are known for making the best atmosphere.
If a stadium's huge, the acoustics should generally be worse, shouldn't they?

I'm well aware that the noise and atmosphere isn't the same on TV, but I'm judging from comparing the TV noise of Juventus fans compared to the TV noise of teams with 'better' fans :)

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

If a stadium's huge, the acoustics should generally be worse, shouldn't they?

I'm well aware that the noise and atmosphere isn't the same on TV, but I'm judging from comparing the TV noise of Juventus fans compared to the TV noise of teams with 'better' fans :)
english teams has more atmosphere on tv, because the stadiums are more intense, also keep in mind its very different from tv-production to another tv-production, some puts up more microphones and equipments, and raise the recorded level, while other decrease it to hear commentary better, then detailed sounds wont be noticed.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
that's still a pretty poor excuse IMO

maybe you know better because you've been there, but that's just the impression I get...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually watching the game on Rustavi 2 the crowd at the Delle Alpi was making a lot of noise, and if I knew Italian I probably could understand all the chants. The fans did a good job at making themselves heard last night.

Nicole, Capello did not come to Juve for the crowds and the almost out-of-control fan base. I'm pretty sure he came north to Turin to actually win a few trophies. So I don't think Fabio is all that distraught and regreting his move. Just a hunch.....

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Darn right. I hardly think Capello is going to regret leaving a sinking Sensi ship to lead a club that's currently both undefeated in Europe's biggest club competition and at the top of Serie A. He'd be an idiot if he did over the sparse crowds. He is just, like all of us, making the claim that Juve deserves better.

As for English teams seeming to have more atmosphere on TV... that's true given the way they do mike up the stands and the fact that EPL attendance is typically 90%+ capacity while Serie A is a dismal 60% or so on average. But when the RAI cameras rarely do turn on the tifosi, you can't match the fans' enthusiasm with flares, bombs, and the like. ;) (You just can't hear the bombs going off the way they set up their audio at stadiums.)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
I wonder if Capello is already regreting going to Juve...he might be, I know you'll all say that he isnt and that he left a 'worst' club, but by his comments...who knows...

Regreting? Puh-leasse!

As gray said, he said that he was disappointed with the attendance.

He hasn't come here for the fans, because if he would, then he would've stayed at Roma. He has come here to help the club win trophies, not to watch fans if they make a noise or not.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

Regreting? Puh-leasse!

As gray said, he said that he was disappointed with the attendance.

He hasn't come here for the fans, because if he would, then he would've stayed at Roma. He has come here to help the club win trophies, not to watch fans if they make a noise or not.
Or to watch the home stadium become a fit-throwing circus......

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

@Nicole: Since you have joined this forum, i have noticed one thing about you. You talk so much crap and assuming stuff that you dont know.

Now i'm not saying this because your a Roma fan so chill out :)

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
Only an attendance of 18,089 went to see Juventus-Bayern Munich in the Stadio Delle Alpi

Juve Attendance ’Saddens’ Capello

Fabio Capello has a good point, Juve deserve to play in front of a big crowd. It's annoying to see AC Milan and Inter Milan's stadium attracting more people than the Stadio Delle Alpi when Juventus has been playing better football. I hope the attendance trouble is resolved and Juventus win the Champions League :)

Jester

Sep 8, 2004
I can assure you all that the Juve tifosi make just as much noise as the Milan fans. I've been standing in curva sud and I've also been standing among the Milan fans at San Siro (had to follow a friend who supports Milan and I must admit that even though I hate Milan it was quite fun) and the atmosphere and passion is the same so to say that we have worse fans than Milan is just wrong. The ones that goes to our matches have a passion for Juve that is just incredible and they sing their asses of for 90+ minutes. It is very likely that the tifosi in the south of Italy is even more passionate about fotball and I would love to attend a match in the south one day to feel the atmosphere.

I can also assure you that the atmosphere at matches in Italy is ten times better than it is in England. I can't say anything about how it is in Spain cause I've never been there but what I've heard from people that have been there is that it's not that good.

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
when the team is playing well, i think the fans should go to the stadium more often to support them. most of the fans in the world, including me, wish to have such a world-class team as their home team, but never have chance in reality.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Yes how true.Take this aas a privielege to go to the stadium and support ur home team. I really wish to go to Delle Alpi, but too bad I have no $$$.

Can only watch it on TV. :(

OP

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #137
    the attendence for the roma game was about 30.000, i think there was a bit more in there than the offical attendence. what does everyone think?

some english lower clubs say they have a lower attendences than they actually have so they pay less tax. i know juve attendences are still 2 low and a disgrace but do you think there was more than 30k?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by neath_lad ] ++
    the attendence for the roma game was about 30.000, i think there was a bit more in there than the offical attendence. what does everyone think?

some english lower clubs say they have a lower attendences than they actually have so they pay less tax. i know juve attendences are still 2 low and a disgrace but do you think there was more than 30k?
    It was also dumping sheets of rain the whole day.

To inject a few statistics into this debate, here's something from the 2003/4 BBC Football Yearbook:

Serie A regular season attandance percentages (of stadium capacity):
    1. Reggina 87.7%
    2. Modena 86.4%
    3. Inter 68.7%
    4. Como 66.7%
    5. Milan 66.6%
    6. Roma 65.6%
    7. Atalanta 62.3%
    8. Brescia 62.0%
    9. Bologna 61.3%
    10. Parma 59.7%
    11. Juve 59.4%
    12. Lazio 58.8%
    13. Empoli 58.5%
    14. Piacenza 42.4%
    15. Perugia 42.3%
    16. Udinese 41.7%
    17. Chievo 41.0%
    18. Torino 20.8% -- if you thought delle Alpi was too big for us!!...

Contrast this with the EPL that same year:
    1. Man U 99.8%
    2. Newcastle 99.5%
    3. Tottenham 99.1%
    4. Arsenal 98.8%
    5. West Brom 98.5%
    6. Charlton 98.3%
    7. Man City 98.3%
    8. West Ham 98.1%
    9. Birmingham 97.8%
    10. Leeds 97.3%
    11. Liverpool 96.1%
    12. Everton 95.8%
    13. Southampton 95.6%
    14. Chelsea 93.7%
    15. Bolton 91.3%
    16. Middlesbrough 89.1%
    17. Fulham 88.9%
    18. Blackburn 86.1%
    19. Sunderland 82.2%
    20. Aston Villa 80.8%

It's not even close.

Meanwhile, Juve far and away had the highest away attendance percentage of all Serie A teams at 87.5%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)