Juve and South American players (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I dont know why juve do not prefer in general to buy brazilian or argentenean players , during the last 100 years i dont know if juve had more than 5 South American players , while we see milan or inter go and buy talents from brazil with cheap prices like kaka , wonder why???:confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Len

Feb 13, 2004
we prefer to get Serie A proven players......and for some reason, we buy a lot of French players...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Montero. Enuf said. :scared:

Actually, while we're out shopping for defenders, I was all for players like Burdisso, Paredes, Evanilson, etc. I wish we would have done more there.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
They were not great at all, or maybe you'r being cynical I don't know.
It's true we didn't have any top quality players from South America for a lot of time now.
we also had Sorin and Fabian O'neal, but they didn't realy get the chance to play

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
Serie A is different then the South American League...where Serie A defender are much more stronger physically and mentally

Kaka settled in well with Serie A because he had the physical to do so......Milan scout has done their homework......

can you imagine D'alessandro up against Stam....:scared:

May 4, 2004
In my opnion i think juventus doesnt go out and buy players (specially strikers) from south america because of a very simple fact...there style of football will knock them out of the game for a sometime..i mean look at ronaldo...he was one of the top strikers in spain..he went to intermilan and most of the time he was injured..he didn do much good..that is why juve doesnt buy players from south america

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sidz-Inzaghi ] ++
Kaka settled in well with Serie A because he had the physical to do so......
Isn't Kaka as skinny as Inzaghi? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I hardly thought strength was the forte of his game

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Isn't Kaka as skinny as Inzaghi? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I hardly thought strength was the forte of his game

well he is, but he's not a midget, so defender can't easily shove him off...

I think strenght is important, to prevent from injury...maybe?

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Weve been linked with loads of south american players over the last few years e.g Cavenaghi, D'alessandro, diego but we never seem to actually have what it takes to sign them, hopefully this is going to change though because were getting emerson!!! :cheesy:

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Dubai ] ++
In my opnion i think juventus doesnt go out and buy players (specially strikers) from south america because of a very simple fact...there style of football will knock them out of the game for a sometime..i mean look at ronaldo...he was one of the top strikers in spain..he went to intermilan and most of the time he was injured..he didn do much good..that is why juve doesnt buy players from south america
oh come on, when he wasnt injured he ruled the league.

owen

Aug 1, 2004
i think there are many talented latin youngsters,just like robinho,tevez and many more....i think juve shoul consider them,and the one who is more impressive is carlos tevez...he is the only one most promising player that has yet to leave from there...

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Mike Da Don ] ++
Weve been linked with loads of south american players over the last few years e.g Cavenaghi, D'alessandro, diego but we never seem to actually have what it takes to sign them, hopefully this is going to change though because were getting emerson!!! :cheesy:
thats completely differet...we wil sign foregin players if they have the xperinece in europe...but we wont get them straight from sa.

Alex

May 1, 2004
its cos Juve transfer bosses are sacred shi**ess to go out and buy a young unknown talented player before he's been recognised as a talent. Instead we wait to see if South American talented players will make it in other big teams. By then we can no longer afford them or we end buying the wrong ones!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)