Juve and Inter show Ljungberg interest (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Italian giants go for Ljungberg
Thursday 5 August, 2004

Juventus and Inter could solve their winger worries by making a bid for unsettled Arsenal star Freddie Ljungberg.

The Swede has reportedly told Gunners chiefs that he no longer wishes to be a part of the team and his future would appear to be in the Peninsula.

Both Juve and Inter have been long-term admirers of the international and his services would be of great use to them at this moment in time.

As the Bianconeri and Nerazzurri are battling on the transfer market for a left-sided winger – both Cesar (pictured) of Lazio and Udinese’s Marek Jankulovski are targets – they also look set to clash for the 27-year-old.

Arsenal have placed a £15m price tag on Ljungberg’s head, but that figure could drop considerably if he makes his preference clear.

Juventus would appear to be in the lead, as they had already shown interest in the player over the last couple of campaigns. Also, Inter are far more likely to stick with their bid for Roberto Mancini’s Lazio favourite Cesar.

The Bianconeri’s push for Ljungberg would also affect another Premiership side, as this leaves the path free for Tottenham to pursue Czech international Jankulovski.

===
Channel4

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    What do you guys think? Personally I reckon Ljungberg would make a great signing. Channel4 are talking about us using him as a left winger, but I'd actually prefer him to Camoranesi on the right. Ideally I would try to sign both Ljungberg and Jankulovski and have them flank Emerson in a 4-3-1-2 with Nedved behind the two strikers. That's wishful thinking though, as I can't see us getting both Freddie and Marek. Right now it'll be difficult to get one of them, farless two. Given that, I would sign Ljungberg and play a flat 4-4-2 with the Swede on the right, Nedved on the left, and Tacchinardi-Emerson in the middle. Neddy would have license to drift central with Zambrotta pushing up the left wing from his full back position. It lacks creativity, I know, but I think it's the best we can do.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
    freddie wud be good, but too expensive no?
    Yeah, I suspect that money would be the problem. If it came down to us vs Inter in a bidding war we wouldn't stand a chance. Even if we had the money to beat Inter Moggi would be too stubborn to spend it.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    Ljungberg could be our solution to all the problems on the right side (even defensive)
    Agreed. He's alot better than Camo.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    he wudnt pay 4mills for a certain defender (not gonna mention his name ever again :D ), what are the odds of him signing Freddie for 12mills....POUNDS!

damn, he wud be a good addition

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    Buffon
    Zebina Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta
    Ljungberg Tacchinardi Emerson Nedved
    Trezeguet Del Piero

Not amazing, but definitely better than last season.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

you mean "their" names
    opps, their ;)

++ [ originally posted by Stuart] ++
    Buffon
    Zebina Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta
    Ljungberg Tacchinardi Emerson Nedved
    Trezeguet Del Piero
    it looks better than what we have. is the bolded part ur wishful thinking? :D or is he really coming

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    he wudnt pay 4mills for a certain defender (not gonna mention his name ever again :D ), what are the odds of him signing Freddie for 12mills....POUNDS!

damn, he wud be a good addition
    Exactly. We let Mexes, Ferrari and Ujfalusi go and none of them were half as expensive as Ljungberg is rumoured to be so I'll be very surprised if we get Freddie. He would be a solid acquisition, but in Moggi's opinion we just splashed out on Emerson so I can't see us getting anyone else in the range of 10+ million unless quite a few players depart. The remainder of the signings, if there are any, will probably be player exchanges or cheap purchases.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15

it looks better than what we have. is the bolded part ur wishful thinking? :D or is he really coming
    Well I read that he had agreed to take a pay-cut in order to join us and Capello has made it known that he wants him but we're obviously not meant to sign any quality defenders so this deal will probably end up falling through.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    Ljunberg would give extra muscle in our wing play...something that we lost since zambrotta turned into a defender..... and his late runs into the box could also means we could have another alternative goal scorer as if we look into last season, it seems that only David Trezeguet can score goals in our team...

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    Does anybody has seen Roma games in the"world championship" in USA? Mexes has had a rough beggining, eating goals as a pig...it seems like Samuel shoes are to big for him...Who knows? He can be the next Merdottaglie to show of....

FORZA THURAM
    FORZA MONTERO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)