Juve-AlAIN (1 Viewer)

NeLLy

Dec 6, 2002
well i watched the match and juve didnt play that well , al ain were determined to win as they are the UAE champions.
Al Ain: Waleed Salemi, Huamjd Fajcher, Fahed Ali, Juma Khater, Ali Msaari, Gurub Hareb, Sultam Rashid, Salem Joawar, Rajm, Songo, Mohammed Omar. All: Metsu. Substitutes (all entered at halftime): Mootaz, Ali Sultan, Hilal Saeed, Fajisal Ali, Mosabbah Salem, Mohammed Saeed, Ahmed Saeel, Abdulla Ali, Jamal Mubarak, Mohamed Gulam, Abdulla Obran, Bashar Abdulla, Saeed Shiba, Saeed Kharrazi, Abdulhafidh Tesfawt, Subait Khater.

Juventus: Buffon (1’ sh Bonnefoi); Birindelli, Ferrara (1’ sh Moretti), Fresi, Pessotto (28’ sh Palladino); Zambrotta (1’ sh Zenoni), Conte (28’ sh Paro), Tudor (1’ sh Zenoni); Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet (1’ sh Di Vaio). Coach: Lippi. Substitutes: Chimenti.
Refree: Farid Ali (Arab Emirates).

Goal: 7’ Omar.

Notes: yellow carded Trezeguet, Birindelli, Del Piero, Abdullah Ali, Fresi.

NeLLy

Dec 6, 2002
he made some good saves but he is not that bad.

It should have been celebration, and celebration was, for the second, last match for Juventus in Middle East. Even Al Ain's fans celebrated, watching their team winning against Juve for 1-0, with a goal by Omar. The Lippi's team went near the goal but most of all searched the good shape.

From Abu Dhabi to Al Ain, passing by Dubai. After four frantic days, the Bianconeri's tour comes to an end. After the match against the All Stars team, defeated 4-2 now it's time for the national champions trained by Bruno Metsu, the Al Ain.

It's the same Juventus as the one seen in the first test with Tudor in place of Davids. This is not an exibition but a true match with the Bruno Metsu's team strong and well motivated. After seven minutes the hero of the stadium scores the 1-0 goal.

Bianconeri promptly react but the goalie Wallid is good enough to save a free kick by Nedved and a header by Conte.

Juve leans on Nedved to cut the opponent's defense but he cannot achieve to score. In the second half a lot of substitutions change the face to the blackandwhite team with Bonnefoi for Buffon, then Moretti, Zenoni, Davids and Di Vaio, for Ferrara, Zambrotta, Tudor and Trezeguet. The Al Ain changes 10 men with local players and other coming from Kuwait and Morocco.

Juve tries to draw. Del Piero almost hits the post with a free kick. Di Vaio serves the mate but the defense saves. Few seconds after that, Marcello Lippi make the Primavera's Paro and Palladino to debut, in place of Conte and Pessotto. At the 40’ Del Piero tries with a good header but it is not successful. It's 1-0. And for the Emirates people it's one more reason to celebrate

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Not to take credit away from Al-Ain, but Juve players obviously looked exhausted and out-of-form today .. anyway, we had our good chances through Nedved, DP, and Treze .. Trezeguet clearly needs more matches to return to his best form .. the best thing about the match though was Tudor's display .. he did well and will be a good option for Lippi for the second half of the season .. Pessotto also showed he is ready for the upcomin matches .. our defence was exposed in Al-Ain's goal, and that showed since our slow defence wasn't able to contain the pacey forward, Omer.

The players directly returned to Turin after the match, and will be looking ahead for a week's rest before the Serie A kicks-off again with the first match against Reggina (home).

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Not to take credit away from Al-Ain, but Juve players obviously looked exhausted and out-of-form today .. anyway, we had our good chances through Nedved, DP, and Treze .. Trezeguet clearly needs more matches to return to his best form .. the best thing about the match though was Tudor's display .. he did well and will be a good option for Lippi for the second half of the season .. Pessotto also showed he is ready for the upcomin matches .. our defence was exposed in Al-Ain's goal, and that showed since our slow defence wasn't able to contain the pacey forward, Omer.

The players directly returned to Turin after the match, and will be looking ahead for a week's rest before the Serie A kicks-off again with the first match against Reggina (home).
So Igor played in midfield???

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
So Igor played in midfield???

Yes ..

==================== Buffon ====================

=== Biri ====== Ferrara ========= Fresi ==== Pesso =====

====Zambro========== Conte ====== Tudor ===========

==================== Nedved ====================

=========== Treze ================== DP ==========

But Neddy played most of the time in the left mid .. rather than behind the strikers .. so more like 4-4-2 than 4-3-1-2

nina

Feb 18, 2001
As much as I'm happy to hear about Tudor I'm not at all thrilled about seeing him in mid :undecide:

JUVE 4 EVER

Jul 25, 2002
I watched the match also .. Juventus weren't that champion team .. !! .. they were really in a bade mood .. !! ..

I think that the result of the match was agreed before the beginning .. u know why .. ? Imagine that Juve won Al-Ain .. then they would add nothing to their history and achievements .. but when Al-Ain won then they will celebrate as they won the world cup :D .. to won a team like Juve is really a great achievement .. that what they thought ;)

Anyway hardluck Juve and its impossible to play in calcio as the way of playing in friendlies .. i mean Al-Ain's match .. Good luck juve in the next match against Reggina :) ..

JUVE 4 EVER

Jul 25, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
:fero:

btw i want to know how is Bonnefoi. how is he?
I watched the training session in Dubai last Saturday as I got some photos ;) .. Lippi used to play with two teams .. they played a training match .. so Buffon and Chimenti where playing in that match .. so what will Bonnefoi do ?? he trained with his goalkeeper- trainee a special training session .. he was really great , svelte and active .. so it is not difficult to see him the first goal keeper in the future .. !!

Forza Inter

Jan 1, 2003
I saw the match . . .
Ur team wasn't good at all , all passes were cut , del piero was so slow , trezegeut played only one half but proved to vital for the team on the contrary of di vaio who hasn't found yet his old form at Parma . . .the defence was good but had some problems on the counterattacks . . .
the middfield was the whole problem for Juve in this mtach cause all the long & short passes were easily cut by the oppostion !!
for a conclusin , it was a good warm-up match for Juve before coming back & defending their league title against Reggina next Sunday

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
As much as I'm happy to hear about Tudor I'm not at all thrilled about seeing him in mid :undecide:
I share the same feeling. To me he has always been better as a CB and if our midfield is so poor that we need to take players out of their positions then something needs to be done in the transfer market.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Tudor played in mid because they were no other players to play there except for the inexperienced Paro. Tacchi and Baiocco were both left in Italy, while Davids was rested. So, Tudor played there with Conte.

juventusi

Jul 22, 2002
i saw the 2nd half:

--juve played very bad as if they didnot want to playthis game or they were forced to do so.
--dp and nedved made several rough tackles as if they wanted to hurt sombody.
--there was no exchange of shirts at the end due to the above reason
--both players popularity will be affected in the region

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)