Juve 95/96 Vs 2001 which is better? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Jul 12, 2002
i agree with most of you guys but i also believe that this team has potential...We will see what happens because nowadays the best teams don't have that quality players at least not better than juve but it's a matter on how concrete they appear on the field because i cannot believe that deportivo,valencia(2 cl finals),leverkuzen,bayern munich,and real and mu and barca if you like have better players than juve if we compare them one by one the difference is the chemistry cause these teams had coaches for more than three years and their zenith was after the first two years with the same coach.
To conclude i have faith in juve's work in lippi in moggi and everybody else there it's not luck that we won last years scudetto with all these problems it was a matter of effort and persistance and in my opinion no luck at all.Didn't juve play with lazio and lost?why should inter win they were playing with lazio not perugia!the same way juve lost three points there inter lost another three two.Have faith and be patient the glory days are near...i hope

Buy on AliExpress.com

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2002
Good to see Denco writing this post. We had a debate where I stated that imo not based on the achievements of the team, but looking them on paper this 2002/2003 team is much stronger than the 95/96. As Antonio said not comparing player by player but if you compare them in sectors you will see what I mean.

Keeper

I definitely give and edge to Peruzzi here.Buffon is an incredible keeper but for me he hasn't reached Peruzzi yet.

Defense

I can definitely give the edge to the Juve of today.

Midfield

The 95/96 midfield was great but I believe that ours today is at the same level so definitley a draw here.

Attack

Great attack the 95/96 but it wasn't the best at time. I know Del Piero was younger and all and we had Vialli and Rava but Del Piero at taht time scored only 6 goals Vialli 11 and Rava 12. Today's attack Del Piero 16 and Trez 24 and we are not playing with 3 fowards. So definitely give and edge to today's Juve's attack.

Conclusion

The Juve of 95/96 was a good team but it wasn't all that the secret is that they gave 120% of that they had and thanks to an icredible motivator that was Vialli that believe it or not he was the soul of that team without any questions. I still have the vivid images of that Juve-Fiorentina and Vialli after scoring the 2-1 running to get the ball and motivating his teammates to go and win the game...man what a player. If he had Vialli today there would no question in who would win the Champions league next season.

On the other hand the Juve of today is better equipped than the other one we definitley lack a Vialli but we have the best defense and the best attack to compensate that.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Spartacus ] ++

Midfield

The 95/96 midfield was great but I believe that ours today is at the same level so definitley a draw here.
i think that midfield absolutely crushed our midfield now, our midfield was bad last season IMO

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2002
Juventus 95/96 with a 3 man midfield.

Conte-Deschamps-Jugovic
(Paulo Sousa)

Junvetus 02/03 with a 3 + 1 midfield.

Zambro-Tacchinardi-Davids

Nedved

No I don't think so. If Tacchinardi plays like he was playing with Ancellotti I doubt it. I say that they are pretty equal.

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #25
    How can you Spartacus, with a straight face compare our midfield of now to that of 95/96. in what way, shape or form are they equal............

Zambrotta imo overrated, not as good as Di livio or Lombardo, Tacchinardi is not a Sousa, not Deschamps, Davids okay i give you that will get into 95/96 squad while Nedved is not a playmaker and has not fitted into the team as much as you think, well he is not as good as Jugovic

Now not to talk of the bench where in 95/95 its not uncommon to find the likes of Dilivio, Lombardo, Conte, Marrochi or even Jugovic on the bench and these playes could come on and make a difference
    Now what do we have Zambrotta, a starter, Tacchinardi depends on his so called form when in 95/96 he won't have dreamt of being a starter in any important game

Our bench now is non existent, as they have shown they can't come on to change a game

I am sorry most of the games i saw this season we lacked quality, cohesiveness and creativity , not to mention pace

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #26
    I have not being priviledged to see all our teams but im my relatively short time as a juve supporter, my fave team and its a team i absolutely love is the 96/97 team.

Pity we broke up the team with no good reason

Why is it a nonsense to compare eras, are we not fans? thats what fans do, we compare players rightly or wrongly as its fun

I am no expert but i do know my football and i will continue to compare players, and want to know other's people opinions about them. If we all agreed, there will be no need for a fourm

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    The 1996 team was much stronger in my opinion. Last year's squad was too self-dependent on DP and Treze while the 96 squad was full of leaders and individuals. Peruzzi was Italy's number 1 at the time. Ciro was at his best,marshalling the troops from the back. In the midfield we had work horses like Di Livio,Dechamps and Conte,along with the talent and flair of Jugovic and Paolo Sousa. Upfront we had 3 men that would guarantee goals. Vialli,Ravanelli and a younger,faster version of Del Piero.

The 96 team was by far the betterteam in my opinion.

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    Too much class for our present model for me, and another thing I do not see in any way shape or form, how Lippi would ever have considered playing a defender in the midfield in our 95/96 squad, like he is doing with Tudor in this present squad.

Even Lippi is not too confident with the midfielders he has.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    spartacus,
    are you talking about potentials or as they played one champion versus another??
    if so you cannot talk about tacchi at his best only this season and as such this years mid was utter shite.
    but i do beleive tacchi will come back to us... and i for one think he is great player when hes on top of his game.

And potentialy this mid may well be equal but on performances so far it is a long way behind.

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by respaul ] ++
    spartacus,
    are you talking about potentials or as they played one champion versus another??
    if so you cannot talk about tacchi at his best only this season and as such this years mid was utter shite.
    but i do beleive tacchi will come back to us... and i for one think he is great player when hes on top of his game.

And potentialy this mid may well be equal but on performances so far it is a long way behind.
    No i'm talkin about potential. Imo this team has much more potential than the 95/96.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Spartacus ] ++

No i'm talkin about potential. Imo this team has much more potential than the 95/96.
    I agree. Look at last season. We didn't accomplish nearly what we were capable of, but still made it to the second group stage of the CL, the final of the Coppa and won Serie A. If all of the players play to thier potential on this years team, we could go down as one of the all time greats. Look at it this way. Buffon had a good season last year but he is capable of doing even better. Montero and Tudor were great when they played but missed a real lot of action. Thuram played well but not his best, I don't know how we motivate him though. Davids and Tacch clearly didn't display their form from a few years ago, Zambrotta could be more consistent, Salas missed the whole year, Nedved had a great second half but didn't do anything at first, Del Piero had a good season but still isn't the old Del Piero. I think the only players on our squad who played to thier best for the entire year last year are Pessotto, Ferrara and Trez. I think everyone else has room for fairly significant improvment. If that happens, it could be a very good and very dominating year for us in 2002-2003.

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #33
    Conversely the team of 95/96, won the double, were narrowly defeated by Parma in the final on the Uefa cup and the next season, won the cl and made agreat comeback to come second against milan team inspired by George Weah, who had no European distraction that season.

Big Izz, I am sorry there are too many ifs in your argument, the team of 95/96 always did their best no matter who came into the side and didn't underperform even if they were not necessarily first teamers

But I would be very interested to see how we perform this season, and I don't believe big teams like Juve, Man united, Real Madrid should use injuries as excuses, as i cannot just buy that

Its time to step up and reaching second round of cl, is not an achievement for a club like Juve

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

Big Izz, I am sorry there are too many ifs in your argument, the team of 95/96 always did their best no matter who came into the side and didn't underperform even if they were not necessarily first teamers
    That is my point. If our squad last year preformed to its best, it would have been as good as if not better then the 95 team. Conversly, if the 95 team underpreformed, we wouldnt be singing its parises. My point is that the potential is there for this team to be special. If our team plays as good as it can, we will be amazing and dominating.

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #37
    The 95 team did in fact underperform in the league as they gave themselves too much to do when they lost the league to Milan but went on to win champions league.

Paolo Sousa was not as good, Vialli didn't score as much as previous season, Ravanelli the same suffering with injuries, Dp was not like he was in 97/98..

But they still outperrformed our present team simply because they are better players, potential or otherwise,imo.

As for us being dominant this season, hope it happens, but i am a realist, and with our buys, and from the way they played last season especially against organised or skilful teams, I am not as confident as you are.
    Too many square pegs in round holes in this team for me

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

As for us being dominant this season, hope it happens, but i am a realist, and with our buys, and from the way they played last season especially against organised or skilful teams, I am not as confident as you are.
    Too many square pegs in round holes in this team for me
    Im not saying that I'm confident. I'm just saying the potential is there. I think there could actually be a good side to us not making any major purchases. The team is pretty much the same as last year, same system, same coaches and same starters. Maybe it helps them hit thier stride.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Dockny ] ++
    But the team of 1996/97 was great too with Zizou in the team they lifted a division! the 6- 1win against Milan :D forza!!

Peruzzi,A.
    Rampulla,M.

Falcioni,D.
    Ferrara,C.
    Torricelli,M.
    Porrini,S.
    Montero,P.
    Juliano,M.

Dimas,M.
    Conte,A.
    Di Livio,A.
    Tacchinardi,A.
    Deschamps,D.
    Lombardo,A.
    Jugovic,V.
    Pessotto,G.
    Zidane,Z. :star:
    Cingolani,N.
    Trotta,I.

Del Piero,A.
    Padovano,M.
    Boksic,A.
    Vieri,C.
    Amoruso,N.
    Andorno,D.
    Chiavaroli,P.
    I won't forget that moment :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)