Juan Roman Riquelme (2 Viewers)

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
#10 said:
They were jus your joe bloggs middle table, odd relegation here and there, but nothing that special. Ma-Gi-Ca gave them the edge, maradona careca and another player i cant rememeber. PLus with players like Ferrara and Canna coming throuth the ranks, it was merely a golden period for an average club with fanatical fans.

think it was Andrea Carnevale, underated striker but a very good player in his time.

Sep 1, 2002
"Tronco de árbol" is just that- not mobile enough to be effective for us.

Rather we should try to get a hold of Raul Garcia, now there is a player who might well be able to fill the vacuum (since Zizou) that has been and remains to be at the heart of our team.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
riquelme had a hard time against gilberto last nite... and this showed some negatives in his style of play. If he comes to juve every player in serie A will play against him like gilberto did last nite. he will not have half the room he has in la liga. So mybe he isnt the best option here.

but in his defence he didnt have that much support from the other midfield players as well

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Riquelme is too slow to be honest. Even though he is strong, u can see that Arsenal players can overtake him easily.

Riquelme is frustrated yesterday night. Did u guys notice that when he receives the ball, there r 2 - 3 guys around him, and everytime the Arsenal players make a tackle on him instead of the ball, they got away with it? Riquelme not only can't perform, he is also wary of himself as well. He complains a lot as well.

Not only him, Forlan and Jose Mari can't do anything as well. In fact the whole Villarreal squad is frustrated at the referee. But 1 thing good about Villarreal is, they have other alternatives in attack instead of relying on Riquelme all the time.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
he was a frustrating refferee last nite , i dont know how uefa put him in charge of a semi-final when he wasnt even called up for the WC

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
sateeh said:
he was a frustrating refferee last nite , i dont know how uefa put him in charge of a semi-final when he wasnt even called up for the WC
Villarreal was clearly robbed last night.

Arsenal goal with 3 players offside ------> Goal allowed
Franco offside --------> offside + yellow card for dissent

To put it simply, Villarreal is playing against 12 men.

And Riquelme protested, what does he get? Free kick + yellow card

Aamzing how all the bookings go to Villarreal players

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
ZhiXin said:
Villarreal was clearly robbed last night.

Arsenal goal with 3 players offside ------> Goal allowed
Franco offside --------> offside + yellow card for dissent

To put it simply, Villarreal is playing against 12 men.

And Riquelme protested, what does he get? Free kick + yellow card

Aamzing how all the bookings go to Villarreal players
The referee was bad for both sides. He also disallowed a perfectly legit goal from Henry.

Though I guess Riquelme wouldn't have to experience frustrating referees in the Serie A if he comes to Juventus.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
sateeh said:
riquelme had a hard time against gilberto last nite... and this showed some negatives in his style of play. If he comes to juve every player in serie A will play against him like gilberto did last nite. he will not have half the room he has in la liga. So mybe he isnt the best option here.

but in his defence he didnt have that much support from the other midfield players as well
i thought riquelme did well with very little support, villarreal played a very negative "away type" performance, so he was quite isolated from the rest of the midfield. plus arsenal always had 2-3 players on him throughout the game. wait till after next weeks game before we judge him, i still think he is a class act, and while he is slow he sdoes not nee to be fast his game is all about vision

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)