Juan Roman Riquelme (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
bianconero said:
"Tronco de árbol" is a very big fish in a very small pond. That will work for a player of his type, but when asked to contribute in a larger sea, where he will not be the sole focus of creativity he will shrink and shurk. Don't get me wrong I like him and admire his talent, yet I maintain it needs to be plied in a team where he alone is the general.
That's exactly the point. With Neddy fading fast, and Camo likely to leave, who else is going to be our focus of attack? IMO, you've just made the perfect argument to bring Riquelme.

Jul 28, 2002
Ian said:
That's exactly the point. With Neddy fading fast, and Camo likely to leave, who else is going to be our focus of attack? IMO, you've just made the perfect argument to bring Riquelme.
Harking back to the old days, the immediate post zidane era led for calls for a more balanced juve side. Even before Zizou left, the general consensous was that we couldnt rely on just one creative mind in the midfield. We wanted attacking wingers , we got neddy and camo.

Imho opinion what we then lacked was a ballanced central midfield. Workers, who could dominate the field. This we eventually got in Paddy and Emo. But what we really needed was a combination whom could work together, one doing the majority of attacking, another defending the back line.

Milan have this in Pirlo/Rino. But they dont have the natural width we have.

What we need to partner Emo is a classic regista. This will provide the range of passing to provide the wingers. Whom often score the goals anyway.

We didnt need Paddy, we needed Pizzaro.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
#10 said:
I was waiting for someone to say that.

He's been a bit of a sulk.

Riquelme is pure class you Jokers!

What you goin by exactly? Tonights game. FICKLE or what.
Riquelme will rule If/We get him. So hush your lips you negative fickle biatches! :D

Jul 28, 2002
Moggi D'Messiah said:
Riquelme is pure class you Jokers!

What you goin by exactly? Tonights game. FICKLE or what.
Riquelme will rule If/We get him. So hush your lips you negative fickle biatches! :D
You watching the game, he has been average at best. Moaning constantly off the ball.

He has shown flashes though.....well he shot from distance :D

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Jeeks said:
After watching tonight's game, I don't want Riquelme.

So one game says a player isnt wanted by your standard. Judge a player for what he does during the season, not a vital game where he has shite around him.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Moggi D'Messiah said:
So one game says a player isnt wanted by your standard. Judge a player for what he does during the season, not a vital game where he has shite around him.
He is too expensive to what he can add.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Jeeks said:
He is too expensive to what he can add.

Its players like that we need though. Creativity. Thats his strengh. Sell our fringe players Miccoli/Kapo and bring this genius to delle alpi.

then you'll see.:agree:

You'll be polishing my bollocks for a week Jeeks. :D

Iaquinta09

Apr 20, 2005
I think he will stay in Villareal or be bought by ManUtd (Alex Ferguson went to Villareal to ask for the player with 12 million and Villareal said no).

If Villareal let him go it will be with a good amount of money (20 millions or more).

I sure Roman will never come =(......

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Jeeks said:
He adds nothing to our squad.
It's not like he would add nothing to our squad, however he demands so much of the ball that we would become too reliant on his services. If Riquelme always needs the ball he will always need a free role, something Capello will never give to him unless he takes over at Villareal and steals yet another system. Unfortunately I do not see a point in spending a huge amount of money on a player who we will become too reliant upon and a player who will never fit our system with this manager in charge. If Lippi was our manager I might think differently, however Riquelme is certainly no Zidane or Ronaldinho.

We should have bought Hleb when we had the chance...I will never forgive Moggi for continually passing up the Kakas Hlebs and Rosickys of this world.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Villareal were very poor tonight, but at least Riquelme tried.

He showed flashes of what he can do, especially with that one lobbed pass which eventually led to his team's only chance of the game.

Riquelme should find himself a big club with better players and I would welcome him at Juventus.

Iaquinta09

Apr 20, 2005
Jem83 said:
Villareal were very poor tonight, but at least Riquelme tried.

He showed flashes of what he can do, especially with that one lobbed pass which eventually led to his team's only chance of the game.

Riquelme should find himself a big club with better players and I would welcome him at Juventus.
But for bad luck it will not come and we will have to conform minimum with rosicky.

I hope

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would take Rosicky over Riquelme any day of the week...he's faster, can be placed in multiple systems, and does not need a free role to excel like Riquelme. Make no mistake, Riquelme needs a free role and he will not get one with Capello in charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)