Juan Roman Riquelme (2 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Orgut said:
Deco is shite but he is still better than Riquelme
Riquelme is a good techniqual player but thats it not more than that exactly like what Ortega and Denilson were
Have you even watched Riquelme play? Denilson/Ortega are simply great dribblers and like to run at people.
Riquelme is very different; he likes to control a game and play a wide range of superb passes, whilst using great movement and strength to create space for himself as he does not have the pace of a player like Denilson.

I like the look of Aguero, i havnt seen him play but looks good in those videos. But it would be hard and expensive to get him. I heard Liverpool are after him and could cost roughly £15m

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Batigol

Batigol

Mar 5, 2006
  • Thread Starter #104
    Boksic said:
    Have you even watched Riquelme play? Denilson/Ortega are simply great dribblers and like to run at people.
    Riquelme is very different; he likes to control a game and play a wide range of superb passes, whilst using great movement and strength to create space for himself as he does not have the pace of a player like Denilson.

I like the look of Aguero, i havnt seen him play but looks good in those videos. But it would be hard and expensive to get him. I heard Liverpool are after him and could cost roughly £15m
    you are totally right about Roman, he is a comander in the field, an absolute authority, imagin him playing in a team like Juve, Man U, Real , teams with world class players are around him. he will be ten times as leathal ans know.

for Aguero, i wasn't so impressed when i saw him in the youth world cup, he was 17 at the time. and i havene't seen him play since then, but the fuss that going around these days, he is probably doing great. so i wou ld buy him and then loan him to a team that will for sure play him in every game even agains Juve and then bring him back.:D

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Riquelme would fit best in Juve, much better then in Real Madrid who have no ball winners. Unfortunately I don't think that he wants to come, or that we can't afford him. We haven't been linked with him yet right?

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    i will have to agree with desmond on this one....

he had his time with barca (a big team), and didnt impress..so maybe he would rather have a place in a small team like vierreall, where he is the king.

He would be a good acquisition for juve, as he doesnt have much pace but he has accurate passing a great vision and can dribble himself out of anything.He will be a great help to this team.

if we get him it would be great

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    Stampa argentina: anche la Juve su Riquelme

11:55 del 11 aprile

Tra le quattro semifinaliste di Champions League, la sorpresa più grossa è senz'altro rappresentata dal Villareal. L'indiscussa stella della squadra spagnola risponde al nome di Juan Roman Riquelme. Il fantasista argentino classe 1978 è seguito da diverso tempo dal Manchester United. Per lui si era parlato anche di un interessamento dell'Inter (come possibile erede di Veron) ed ora spunta anche un'ipotesi Juventus. Secondo quanto riportato dal quotidiano argentino 'La Nacion', l'ex giocatore del Boca Juniors sarebbe entrato nel mirino dei bianconeri. Ricordiamo che, dopo essere stato riscattato a titolo definitivo dal Barcellona, nella scorsa estate Riquelme ha firmato un contratto col Villareal fino a giugno 2009.
    please translation is needed

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
    here it is: :)

Regarding the four remaining teams io CL, Villareal is probably the most surprising one. The star of that team is undiscutably Ruan Roman Riquelme. The fantastic player has been followed for some time already by Man U. Also Inter were interested in him, maybe in exchange for Veron and now also Juve might be interested. As far as 'La Nacion' reports, the Ex-Boca Juniors Player had come to the mind of the bianconeri. [...]. Remind: He has a contract with Villareal until 2009

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Ortega and Denilson my ass.

[video=google;3022643737244232632]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3022643737244232632&q=riquelme&pl=true[/video]

Veron, revered for his physical prowess just falls over!

OP
    Batigol

Batigol

Mar 5, 2006
  • Thread Starter #114
    Desmond said:
    I think Riquelme has found his element in Villarreal and Spain; he might not want to move to a big club just for the money.

that is the porblem, he is turning into another Batistuta.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    serfaraaz said:
    Stampa argentina: anche la Juve su Riquelme

11:55 del 11 aprile

Tra le quattro semifinaliste di Champions League, la sorpresa più grossa è senz'altro rappresentata dal Villareal. L'indiscussa stella della squadra spagnola risponde al nome di Juan Roman Riquelme. Il fantasista argentino classe 1978 è seguito da diverso tempo dal Manchester United. Per lui si era parlato anche di un interessamento dell'Inter (come possibile erede di Veron) ed ora spunta anche un'ipotesi Juventus. Secondo quanto riportato dal quotidiano argentino 'La Nacion', l'ex giocatore del Boca Juniors sarebbe entrato nel mirino dei bianconeri. Ricordiamo che, dopo essere stato riscattato a titolo definitivo dal Barcellona, nella scorsa estate Riquelme ha firmato un contratto col Villareal fino a giugno 2009.
    please translation is needed
    ok, now a thread about Riquelme should have been started. As long as Cap is here, I don't think we'll see a playmaker with Juve. :cry:

Chico

Apr 6, 2006
    Batigol said:
    Capello should be ginven an ultimatum if he doesn't change his formation
    We hired him to do a job, and I dont remember any of you complaining earlier in the year. At the moment we are going through a grey patch, which is probably capello's fault for not rotating his squad. But juve will come back better and stronger next year I am sure, we just must sort out central midfield. Viera was intended to solve our midfield problems, but instead has caused it to be too defensive. Thats why we need someone like de rossi, ballack, lampard, gerrard, etc.
    Or of course we could change our formation and play more attacking, with only 1 defensive midfielder, that being emerson, and camoranesi and nedved on either side. they both are willing to defend, and then riqueleme behind the strikers. Kinda like a diamond midfield, like under the glory years of lippi.
    Ok then, get rid of capello!:p

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Chico said:
    We hired him to do a job, and I dont remember any of you complaining earlier in the year. At the moment we are going through a grey patch, which is probably capello's fault for not rotating his squad. . Viera was intended to solve our midfield problems, but instead has caused it to be too defensive.
    Yes we hired him and yes noone was really proberly complaining simply because there wasnt too much of a need to rotate the system at the early part of the season.. but as time went on it was obvious that he should have started it after all they are all friggen only players what more they are old players. Capello arrived at Juve with a pedigree, some pedigree he has when he cant do the simplest of tasks which is to rotate the old buggers on the pitch when needed to.

As for buying viera well to a certain extent I can understand why he was bought but then to be partnered with emerson seemed like a mistake on its own. Although how obvious it may have seemed I didnt expect them two to be partnered throughout the season. Viera showed exactly why he was useful in the first part of the season he is a better supplier of the ball to the fowards (not the best) but usually gets it done. However with him ageing and rightly so and also with his form dipping he shouldnt have played respectively in his upcoming matches till he shows glimpses of his earliar part of the season. What capello doesnt admit is his mistakes, the whole world of managers admit there mistakes if they have done it. Although not too common in serie A you would most obviously see this kind of thing in the EPL and even the primera liga.

However it seems capello just couldnt instead he praises a poor performance so much for optimism :sick:. We suffered from some tiredness last season too and to build on that he should have brought players who he could actually believe in yet the only 'few' bench players he did actually believe in was mutu.. of course zala was undoubtly a liability. Someone who he had to use because he has no choice. :disagree:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Danilo_ said:
    Good news , I read in a newspaper that Juventus are Keen On RIQUELME and Capello are finding away to put Riq in the midfield
    I hope thats true, but it doesnt help when riquelme has said he doesnt want to come to Juve... The big question is how do you lure an argentinian? hmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)