Juan Cuadrado (52 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 10, 2009
Torricelli, Cabrini, Lichtsteiner, Zambrotta, *Cough* Thuram *Cough*, Birinidelli and then Cuadrado
Lichsteiner was not better than Zambrotta lol. Neither was Birinidelli. Zambrotta was a monster at his peak, a creation of Lippi against Real Madrid in 2003. 2006 Zambrotta was also part of team of the year when Italy won the WC. Thuram was also a better DC for Juve. There was a reason why he played there when Lippi reintroduced Zambrotta.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Lichsteiner was not better than Zambrotta lol. Neither was Birinidelli. Zambrotta was a monster at his peak, a creation of Lippi against Real Madrid in 2003. 2006 Zambrotta was also part of team of the year when Italy won the WC. Thuram was also a better DC for Juve. There was a reason why he played there when Lippi reintroduced Zambrotta.
I think he misread and meant better than Cuadrado.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
All better than Cuadrado. Birindelli was reliable, underated. It's why Lippi chose him so often. Torricelli and Cabrini brought us to highest heights. Of course Thuram, and Zambrotra were world class there's no comparison. Licht was a beast, reliable consistent and well fan favourite for his work rate. Cuadrado is there but for me all of the above come before him, the order is subjective, maybe the list too but yeah there's plenty of names to think about before we think about Cuadrado.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
vidal for me, closely followed by pirlo and tevez

obviously licht would also raise the level of this current team. then again, most of our key players between 2012 and 2020 would lol
Oh wow Vidal

He probably would be the most improving time machine signing we could make, but the difference is I hate him lol :grin:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

He is right about the Buffon story, Buffon confirmed it himself. Was close to sign with Milan.

Camoranesi was flirting with Valencia, and Trezegol was at the time demanding out over some contract beef with new management.

Only Nedved and Del Piero didn't entertain any offers, outright rebuffed them.

But in general don't need to be cynical to realize some of those who stayed club realized we can't sell everyone so stopped listening to offer at some point. Someone like Zambrotta is much more of Juventino at the time then Camoranesi who was allways close to leaving at different points.

Zambrotta isn't a traitor because they sold him out of necessity, it was more of the cold statements he made afterwards. Was confusing times, and it wasn't as harsh as what Thuram said, but was still there.

Professionals and mercenaries being sold/wanting to leave etc. It happens. Like someone like Ibra is never a traitor, he was allways complimentary about his time there. But also because he is someone who would left regardless of calciopoli. Only difference was it was to Inter instead of overseas etc.

For me the true traitor of them all is Cannavaro. He wasn't some typical professional leaving a sinking ship. He is a snake who talked and pretended like he is a loyal bandiera who loves the club. Denying he is leaving even while on airport on his way to Madrid. He is a weasel of the highest order. I hated it when we signed him back.

Only 2nd to Thuram for being total douche.

- - - Updated - - -

Greatest fullback ever? What rubbish.

He is by far the best fullback we ever had. There's no contest. Cabrini closest competition, but Zambrotta more dominant peak and considered the best at his position for a time. Thuram more of a CB, not complete enough as RB.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
But he’s not a lEGeND like panita
Been a legend since he left tho.

Unlike Cuads, the cunt

- - - Updated - - -

He is right about the Buffon story, Buffon confirmed it himself. Was close to sign with Milan.

Camoranesi was flirting with Valencia, and Trezegol was at the time demanding out over some contract beef with new management.

Only Nedved and Del Piero didn't entertain any offers, outright rebuffed them.

But in general don't need to be cynical to realize some of those who stayed club realized we can't sell everyone so stopped listening to offer at some point. Someone like Zambrotta is much more of Juventino at the time then Camoranesi who was allways close to leaving at different points.

Zambrotta isn't a traitor because they sold him out of necessity, it was more of the cold statements he made afterwards. Was confusing times, and it wasn't as harsh as what Thuram said, but was still there.

Professionals and mercenaries being sold/wanting to leave etc. It happens. Like someone like Ibra is never a traitor, he was allways complimentary about his time there. But also because he is someone who would left regardless of calciopoli. Only difference was it was to Inter instead of overseas etc.

For me the true traitor of them all is Cannavaro. He wasn't some typical professional leaving a sinking ship. He is a snake who talked and pretended like he is a loyal bandiera who loves the club. Denying he is leaving even while on airport on his way to Madrid. He is a weasel of the highest order. I hated it when we signed him back.

Only 2nd to Thuram for being total douche.

- - - Updated - - -

He is by far the best fullback we ever had. There's no contest. Cabrini closest competition, but Zambrotta more dominant peak and considered the best at his position for a time. Thuram more of a CB, not complete enough as RB.
Interesting about Cannavaro. I wasn't following at the time, but remember reading since that he didn't want to leave but the offer was too good to refuse

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Name better full backs we've had please
Dani Alves and Evra were better fullbacks than Cuads.
Of all the others mentioned, Licht and Zambrotta were definitely better in the defensive phase.
As for the rest, it's laughable to compare Cuads to timbers like Birindelli and Pessotto.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Dani Alves and Evra were better fullbacks than Cuads.
Of all the others mentioned, Licht and Zambrotta were definitely better in the defensive phase.
As for the rest, it's laughable to compare Cuads to timbers like Birindelli and Pessotto.
Dani Alves was sensational that year. Just an incredible footballer, and as somebody who didn't see him much at Barca I can only imagine how good we was at his peak if that was him on the decline

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Dani Alves was sensational that year. Just an incredible footballer, and as somebody who didn't see him much at Barca I can only imagine how good we was at his peak if that was him on the decline
he was so good that he would assist left and right in attacking phase and was good enough to hold down the right wing on his own, considering messi didn't track back or do defensive work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 40)