Juan Cuadrado (52 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Even regardless of this move, the notion he's a legend is hilarious

Imagine watching a juve game with your son in 10 years time and he starts asking about the clubs history

Well son... we had this guy called Del Piero. We had another guy in goal called Buffon. Platini was pretty good too I guess.

Oh and we had this absolute LEGEND who failed as a winger then played wing back and scored a few goals against Torino & got sent off in a CL final because his decision making was always retarded. Those are 4 of our legends my boy.

The term legend is so diluted here. I feel like almost everybody who classified him as one won't give a flying fuck about him in 4 years time let alone 20. Nobody's bringing him up in the same way as actual legends. At least I hope not.
1689616695686.gif

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
He just needs to steal a couple of trophies from J Museum on his way out, they'll roll out the red carpet.

Don't think anyone is saying he's up there with Del Piero and Buffon, but I get that tags are extremely important, allow people to sleep at night.

I did propose a tier of categories for different levels of player some time back, but was most likely correctly ignored, as people would still argue about these lol.
Yeah like I said before, a 3rd loyal servants category would be better

Basically people don't want to put useful players with the bums & frauds in rookie/history section so they incorrectly get lumped in with some of the greatest players in club history because they weren't shit

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Even regardless of this move, the notion he's a legend is hilarious

Imagine watching a juve game with your son in 10 years time and he starts asking about the clubs history

Well son... we had this guy called Del Piero. We had another guy in goal called Buffon. Platini was pretty good too I guess.

Oh and we had this absolute LEGEND who failed as a winger then played wing back and scored a few goals against Torino & got sent off in a CL final because his decision making was always retarded. Those are 4 of our legends my boy.

The term legend is so diluted here. I feel like almost everybody who classified him as one won't give a flying fuck about him in 4 years time let alone 20. Nobody's bringing him up in the same way as actual legends. At least I hope not.
Enlighten us on your revised Tuz legends list

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Ronaldo should be in legend section. He has the best goal to game ratio in Juventus history -> 101 goals in 134 games, a record that will not be broken in our lifetime, if ever.

This Interista cunt on the other hand should be moved to rookie section.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i really don't understand this forum and i think too many people are downplaying how impressive 9 back to back title wins are. look at current serie a weak as hell and no regualr back to back winner. . any regular starter during those title runs deserves legend status during that period.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Who are the 5-10 most recent players to leave Juventus as legends?
Chiellini
Buffon
Barzagli
Lichtsteiner
Marchisio
Pirlo

Off the top of my head.

Marchisio was kind of overshadowed by the crazy midfield we had but he was genuinely a top player who could do everything as well as being homegrown

Some may argue against Pirlo, but he was ao uniquely talented that teams had to come up with a plan for him

Lichtsteiner, defensively amongst the best full backs of his time.

The others were undeniably world class and long time servants.

See to me I don't feel the need to be adding legends every year or 2.

If you add somebody like Cuadrado why stop there? If you don't need to be a top player in world football then let's add Morata too. He's also like Cuadrado in that he's never been world class but he was clutch for us, won titles & was amazing in our CL Final run in 2015.

Mind you I wouldn't add him but if our bar is that low then let's add every regular who won 3+ titles when we were 7 levels above the rest of the league.

Mar 10, 2009
No one will remember Caudrado in a couple of decades lol. A legend is someone who's period at the club that will more or less always be remembered. I personally would choose Vidal over Caudrado and even a case for Tevez because his season when he dragged us to the CL was that good.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Chiellini
Buffon
Barzagli
Lichtsteiner
Marchisio
Pirlo

Off the top of my head.

Marchisio was kind of overshadowed by the crazy midfield we had but he was genuinely a top player who could do everything as well as being homegrown

Some may argue against Pirlo, but he was ao uniquely talented that teams had to come up with a plan for him

Lichtsteiner, defensively amongst the best full backs of his time.

The others were undeniably world class and long time servants.

See to me I don't feel the need to be adding legends every year or 2.

If you add somebody like Cuadrado why stop there? If you don't need to be a top player in world football then let's add Morata too. He's also like Cuadrado in that he's never been world class but he was clutch for us, won titles & was amazing in our CL Final run in 2015.

Mind you I wouldn't add him but if our bar is that low then let's add every regular who won 3+ titles when we were 7 levels above the rest of the league.
This is such an interesting discussion, great insight into how everybody thinks about our past players and their legacy. I'd not necessarily need a player to be world class to be a club legend, I'm more concerned with their impact and attitude while here. Of course I agree with all of your picks

As an example, Mandzukic is easily a legend for me. Embodied everything I love about this club. CL final but not the cup. Vidal would have been had he hung on another season or two instead of throwing away his legacy the way he did. But Pogba wasn't somehow. He'd have needed several more years to be a legend in my eyes. I've never really thought about why.

I do understand your criteria. Maybe I'm conflating fan favourites with legends.

Where does Bonucci fall for you? For me his achievements with us qualify him for legendary status, but he ruined that for himself and now can take a big fuck to himself.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
This is such an interesting discussion, great insight into how everybody thinks about our past players and their legacy. I'd not necessarily need a player to be world class to be a club legend, I'm more concerned with their impact and attitude while here. Of course I agree with all of your picks

As an example, Mandzukic is easily a legend for me. Embodied everything I love about this club. CL final but not the cup. Vidal would have been had he hung on another season or two instead of throwing away his legacy the way he did. But Pogba wasn't somehow. He'd have needed several more years to be a legend in my eyes. I've never really thought about why.

I do understand your criteria. Maybe I'm conflating fan favourites with legends.

Where does Bonucci fall for you? For me his achievements with us qualify him for legendary status, but he ruined that for himself and now can take a big fuck to himself.

Now you're asking the hard questions :scared:

I wouldn't fight Mandzukic's inclusion either way. His transformation into... whatever the hell he was after not cutting it as a #9 was great. If we had a few more like him we might not have rolled over in the CL final.

On the other hand, he was a niche player and his output wasn't great. Basically if he's your main goal threat you aren't in love with him but if he's not then he's fantastic

Vidal fucked it up. 2-3 more years without being a twat and he's there.

Bonucci was a 100% lock if not for his Milan stint. But that random outburst and leaving for a rival DQs him.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Now you're asking the hard questions :scared:

I wouldn't fight Mandzukic's inclusion either way. His transformation into... whatever the hell he was after not cutting it as a #9 was great. If we had a few more like him we might not have rolled over in the CL final.

On the other hand, he was a niche player and his output wasn't great. Basically if he's your main goal threat you aren't in love with him but if he's not then he's fantastic

Vidal fucked it up. 2-3 more years without being a twat and he's there.

Bonucci was a 100% lock if not for his Milan stint. But that random outburst and leaving for a rival DQs him.
Thanks for sharing. Agree except for Mandzukic's output. As you say, he was more than just goals. His defensive contribution as well as his role in build up was crucial to that team. Unless you meant goals by output, which I now realise you probably did :grin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 37)