Juan Cuadrado (6 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
One of my favourite players and I'm sad to say that he looks past it.

In his defence I think he was one of the few who looked like doing anything near the end and he was defending with McKennie and Kean in front of him in the first half which left him badly exposed.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Hard to speak badly about a guy who has offered us so much over the years, but the drop off was inevitable. He’s a player who has largely relied on his acceleration, quick feet and stamina to be effective.
He’s been run into the ground and no longer has the pace or confidence to run at a half decent full back.

His occasional brain farts like last night also were once forgivable because he regularly offered something offensively. Now that he no longer does, those same brain farts are now targeted at him in a different manner.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
He looks like the Cuadrado in May 2017, when we had literally no attacking subs for the 4231 and ran him into the ground in the 2nd half of season.

I wouldnt be quick to call him finished, but he definitely shouldnt be starting every game right now.

ggnoree

Jul 24, 2009
Reading comments for someone like Cuardrado can really give you a perspective. Cuads seems like an awesome guy that plays many positions, doesn't create drama, doesn't have crazy wages, is passionate for the team and gives 100% effort on the pitch. Then he gets a bad run of games or doesn't have the same super speed in every game at 34 years and people start calling him useless etc. Then you wonder why players try to get maximum wages and look for themselves instead of putting the team first. I am not saying that when Cuadrado performs bad he should be spared from criticism or start games, it's just that maybe it's too early into the season to say its time for him to retire or that he suddenly can't play well or be useful

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
He is past it but the decline was visible last season too. I wrote here earlier that I want to have him around in the squad, useful player that can play a bit everywhere. Like I wrote earlier, he is by no means starting material and that was apparent last year too IMO.
The red is good, means he gets the rest he really needs and Allegri to force his hand and put on someone else. Right now even Danilo's contribution in attack is stronger than Cuadrado's. I like Cuadrado, I hope he stays if that's what he wants. I just want the gaffer to understand that he is not starting material.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I dont think he is too tired, there really isnt anymore left at all from him..Constantly frustrating, cant beat his man, dumb decision making, no more grinta in him i dont think..he is a sub level player for me nowadays

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)