Juan Cuadrado (26 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
RB, RM, LM, LWB, and even sweeper on set pieces :tuttosport:

Maybe buy some other players to complete the team. I dunno.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
No.

Alex Sandro and Bernadette will be the LWBs for the season. Both currently injured.
Berna as a LWB all of a sudden? Have we forgot that defense is also a part of the equation for these wingbacks? We've been trying to make Cuadrado a defender for years now and he's still not very comfortable.

Also there is no way in hell Berna is starting on the left with Cristiano 'no defense' Ronaldo doing his thing on the left.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Berna as a LWB all of a sudden? Have we forgot that defense is also a part of the equation for these wingbacks? We've been trying to make Cuadrado a defender for years now and he's still not very comfortable.

Also there is no way in hell Berna is starting on the left with Cristiano 'no defense' Ronaldo doing his thing on the left.
I’m just going by Pirlo’s comments at his press conferences. He says he sees Berna on the wings and not as #10 or CAM. Seeing as we’ve loaned out MDS, that leaves him as the logical choice to be the deputy to Alex Sandro on the LWB position. And it’s also a position he’s played in the past on occasion at Fiorentina. Also, in this fluid formation, Ronaldo doesn’t really hug the touch line as much as he did under Sarri and Allegri, he’ll play closer to goal, so the three left sided players (Chiellini/Sandro/Rabiot etc) will pick up to bulk of the defensive work anyway.

Personally, I hope we sign someone else in that positionbefore the transfer window closes, and that Berna never plays another minute for this club again - but that’s unlikely.

Alex Sandro hopefully can stay fit as much as possible this season. Extremely vital player for us imo.

Last edited:

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
:agree: the emergency option.

Also, I wonder if we’ll see Pirlo use Alex Sandro in a hybrid LCB/LWB position? Similar to how he uses Danilo.
I think that is the original plan, Danilo plays on the right because Sandro is out, with Alex there the left wingback would be an attacking player and Bernardeschi is one of the options, Cuadrado as a RWB and both ASandro and Cuadrado the FBs when team needs to defend with 4 at the back, Berna/Chiesa/Kulusevski the wingers...

So far Danilo has been good, Pirlo has a lot to think about, we need more games to see how several players can be used in most efficient manner.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I think that is the original plan, Danilo plays on the right because Sandro is out, with Alex there the left wingback would be an attacking player and Bernardeschi is one of the options, Cuadrado as a RWB and both ASandro and Cuadrado the FBs when team needs to defend with 4 at the back, Berna/Chiesa/Kulusevski the wingers...

So far Danilo has been good, Pirlo has a lot to think about, we need more games to see how several players can be used in most efficient manner.
:tup:

He has a lot more options now, which can be a bit of a headache for him, but its a good problem for him to have.

Again our squad is far and away the strongest in Italy.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
:tup:

He has a lot more options now, which can be a bit of a headache for him, but its a good problem for him to have.

Again our squad is far and away the strongest in Italy.
on the paper for sure. But without a preseason continuity really matters, and we have a decent amount of new pieces and now also a coach. Thankfully, our main competitors are also losing points left and right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)