Juan Cuadrado (26 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 23, 2013
Cuadrado was rightly dropped because he lost his best form late in the season while Dani Alves was killing it in that role at the same time. I doubt him playing in Madrid would have changed anything, we simply didn't show up during the second half of that game. It wasn't a personnel issue it was a mental and probably a bit of a physical issue.
Lol he played 2 games between the 2nd Barca leg and Monaco tie in which he was dropped. How does having 2 average performances in minor games negate the fantastic form he showed in the CL? Cuadrado has always been an inconsistent player, but ALWAYS turns it on the big games in the CL.

He most definitely would've had a positive effect in the CL final, to blame the it on mental issues is just a cop out. We were overwhelmed in the midfield, that stems from tactical and personnel issues.

- - - Updated - - -

And we needed at leat one attacking sub. Look at the bench we had.
We didn't need to have one last attacking sub vs Barcelona?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
Lol he played 2 games between the 2nd Barca leg and Monaco tie in which he was dropped. How does having 2 average performances in minor games negate the fantastic form he showed in the CL? Cuadrado has always been an inconsistent player, but ALWAYS turns it on the big games in the CL.

He most definitely would've had a positive effect in the CL final, to blame the it on mental issues is just a cop out. We were overwhelmed in the midfield, that stems from tactical and personnel issues.
Our best XI towards the end of the season simply didn't include Cuadrado. We played more or less the same lineup in both legs against Monaco and against Lazio in the Coppa Italia final with great effect. I love Cuadrado but to think we only lost because he didn't play is simply ridiculous.

Last edited:
May 23, 2013
Our best XI towards the end of the season simply didn't include Cuadrado. We played more or less the same lineup in both legs against Monaco and against Lazio in the Coppa Italia final with great effect. I love Cuadrado but to think we only lost because he didn't play is simply ridiculous.
So in the span of 3 meaningless Serie A games our best XI changed from a 4-2-3-1 including Cuadrado to 3-4-3 without him? Within three games a formation and starting XI with which we went unbeaten for months, knocked Napoli out the Copa Italia and thrashed Barcelona in one leg while completely nullifying their attack in the next, that formation and starting XI was no longer our strongest? And why? Because we beat Monaco and Lazio? We would've beaten both sides had we kept the same XI.

We didn't only lose because Cuadrado didn't play, no one has claimed that. The loss came down to many factor. The most important of which being the change from the incredibly solid 4-2-3-1 set up to a 3-4-3 which made our flanks and midfield vulnerable, two vulnerabilities which Madrid exposed with ease in the final. Cuadrado being dropped was a part of the greater overall mistake.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Cuads was on my sell list last summer...so happy to see him prove me wrong. I just wonder how he will go when facing world class wingers....for now nk complaints...keeo it up cuads.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Though he played as a RM rather than an RB, he gave Neymar some nightmares vs Barca a few years back.
Yeah...I guess his time is now to make it his own. Consistency is the key...cuads has always had to stellar performances here and there.

Sarri has some big decisions in the future...especially when costa returns.

Jun 6, 2015
So in the span of 3 meaningless Serie A games our best XI changed from a 4-2-3-1 including Cuadrado to 3-4-3 without him? Within three games a formation and starting XI with which we went unbeaten for months, knocked Napoli out the Copa Italia and thrashed Barcelona in one leg while completely nullifying their attack in the next, that formation and starting XI was no longer our strongest? And why? Because we beat Monaco and Lazio? We would've beaten both sides had we kept the same XI.

We didn't only lose because Cuadrado didn't play, no one has claimed that. The loss came down to many factor. The most important of which being the change from the incredibly solid 4-2-3-1 set up to a 3-4-3 which made our flanks and midfield vulnerable, two vulnerabilities which Madrid exposed with ease in the final. Cuadrado being dropped was a part of the greater overall mistake.
Because towards the end of the season that lineup gave us the best performances and got us the results. It would have been a surprise at that time if we played a different lineup. You're creating imaginary scenarios and inventing the outcomes. You can perceive any situation the way you like with this method, but it hardly makes it real. We'll never know with any degree of certainty how things would have gone with a different lineup. Perhaps we would have done worse, maybe it would have gone better or perhaps it would have made no difference. You're of course free to believe in any scenario you feel fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)