Juan Cuadrado (15 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Not even that. It doesn't matter if he gets well, he can't play for us in CL this season because he's excluded from the list submitted for the play-offs.
I think that is what he is explaining.

Thats also an interesting decision. That either means that they believe the chance for reaching the CL final is very little, or that Cuadrado would be of no use, compared to a random bench player.

Which one would it be?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Not even that. It doesn't matter if he gets well, he can't play for us in CL this season because he's excluded from the list submitted for the play-offs.
Yes that was the point of that post. No need to put Cuadrado in the CL list as he would only make it to a hypothetical final.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that is what he is explaining.

Thats also an interesting decision. That either means that they believe the chance for reaching the CL final is very little, or that Cuadrado would be of no use, compared to a random bench player.

Which one would it be?
The second one for me. Cuadrado's recovery is too uncertain, we don't know when or how he will turn up. On the other hand we have games to play where we need players that are ready.

We have Alex Sandro suspended for the Atletico match, meaning that De Sciglio and Cancelo should be the starting fullbacks. If one of those gets injured in the next 3 games we would be screwed. Adding Spinazzola to the list makes sense, he can pull us out of an emergency.

With Dybala, Mandzukic, Ronaldo, Costa, Bernardeschi we don't need to bet our lives on Cuadrado.

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We miss him MASSIVELY.

Our counter-attacking play is non-existent without him. And he’s been such a big-game player for us over the years too. For all the flack he gets from the fans, he’s a wild card of a player that would be perfect in European games when you need skill, pace and unpredictability on the field.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Cuads is a superstar. He can be frustrating as heck at times, but so easy to love. Produces so many moments of magic for us in big games.

Aside from the obvious Mandzukic and Pjanic injuries in the 2nd half of Cardiff, this guy falling out of form/being burnt out at the end of the year in 16-17 was the biggest reason we lost that final. If he had kept up his level from earlier that winter, through the Barca matches, we easily could have won that final with Alves-Cuadrado on that flank instead of Barza-Alves.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What we miss that Cuadrado used to provide is balance. His ability to cover a lot of space, defending the hole our RB leaves, filling the space in central midfield when one of them roams forward or his dribbling on the flank, cutting in, crossing, you name it. His end product may be frustrating at times but his benefit is from all the other things he provides on the pitch. I never thought he'd be that badly missed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)