Juan Cuadrado (56 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
This one. I really liked that experiment, for Max to try it for the first time away vs merda in a crucial scudetto decider with 4 games left, he had to be sure Cuads is up for the task. He did good, very good even, then he started vs Bologna, did good, started in a Cup final, did good. If Max stays, I bet he would consider Cuads not just an option for the RB but a starter there. It is clear as a day what are the positives with having Juan at the back, and yes, there are some things that needs to be worked on, he did lose the battle with Perisic for merda`s goal, and last night also, big fking deal, main thing is - his contribution going forward is way bigger than his potential defensive errors, and our play is way more different, our right side looks devastating and too much to handle for pretty much every side we meet, last 3 games we scored 10 goals, conceded 3 - including one penalty and one own goal, I like the math here.

Like Marcelo`s case, when Cuads goes forward, a mid should back him up, both Kroos and Modric have been doing it for Marcelo, we played enough games vs Real, Max knows what to do and how to teach the players this exercise. I`m all for Cuads as a RB, hope he stays and starts next season as the first choice with MDS a back up, hopefully ASandro and Spina are the men at LB, dont really like the Digne`s and Darmian`s of the world...
Marcelo loses his man left and right and sometimes is bailed by refs, yet people here would fap to have him here. Obvs cuads is not Marcelo, but is as close as we can get to have our own Marcelo. And Cuads works ways harder than him. which is a bigger plus for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Name me any fullback who don't ever get burned? I dont think its possible. sure, there are better defenders then cuadrado but he has so much to offer when we are in posession and attack.
this.

The way that position is played is always a high risk high reward one. UNless you are some kind of alien who can run nonstop for 90 mins, assisting and defending,.

Having a world class DM supporting him...and a WC Right winger who can relieve him from carrying the whole offensive burden when going forward, would make him a lot lot better.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
He'll keep making a few mistakes here and there for another half season, and after that, I think he'll be fine.

The way he sprints up and down the field for the duration of the game, he may need frequent rests, and against strong wingers, a defensive FB is preferable esp while he acclimatizes next season.

Extend Howedes or sign a similar player, and we'll be more than fine. He's very good already overall, adds another dimension in attack from RB. And with him providing width, Dybala can cut in and playmake with ease.

- - - Updated - - -

Name me any fullback who don't ever get burned? I dont think its possible. sure, there are better defenders then cuadrado but he has so much to offer when we are in posession and attack.
Maldini. The only one.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
All time squad player. Absolutely sensational as a backup/rotation guy.

Really wish Allegri had tried this guy before as a RB. But please deploy him fulltime on this position, he could give 2 or 3 very good years on that.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Really wish Allegri had tried this guy before as a RB. But please deploy him fulltime on this position, he could give 2 or 3 very good years on that.
Yup. He should have been used there to fill the void from alves right away.
But is fine, at last we did it

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Cuadrado: 'Three Scudetti a dream’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus winger Juan Cuadrado describes winning three Scudetti in a row as “a dream”.

The former Fiorentina man spent the 2015-16 on loan with the Bianconeri from Chelsea, before signing permanently that summer.

Juve have won the Serie A and Coppa Italia double in each of those seasons, and Cuadrado reflected on his success at an event for his foundation, which helps underprivileged Colombian children.

“Having won three Scudetti is a dream,” Cuadrado said, as reported by Corriere di Torino.

“Everyone knows my story as a player, but I was once one of these children, born there, raised on a pitch of clay imitating Ronaldo and dreaming of the future.

“I’m very happy with what I’ve done, but I can’t forget my Colombia, there’s a lot of poverty.”
:heart:

- - - Updated - - -

this has been his 4th straight double btw, he won one with Chelsea and 3 with us

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Cuads makes some really horrid defensive mistakes though. Allows the attacker to run in behind his back and then doesn't intercept the through ball either. At RB those are absolutely fatal mistakes.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Cuads makes some really horrid defensive mistakes though. Allows the attacker to run in behind his back and then doesn't intercept the through ball either. At RB those are absolutely fatal mistakes.
sadly, that's also a classic Licht mistake the past 2 seasons. and it's still better than some performances from Barza at RB and Sturaro at RB we've witnessed

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Lol, it happens to our CBs too. Of course it is fatal to make 'horrid defensive mistakes'. We have only seen a few games with him there, maybe we should take some more samples before we make things be facts.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand why people speak about him like he's a revelation there.
Its a revelation if he can be used there as he simply MUST play and it would make it possible for us to field the rest of our good players. He is often our playmaker and skills are needed from the back where we are normally clueless trying to move the ball forward.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
fine lets' make bet.
If we win treble and Cuads is decisive reason why we win treble, you two will split the cost of all 3 official Cuads shirt from Juve store. One home, one away and third one. I get home one, you two fight over the least ugly one.

if we don't win treble because of Cuads, then you can choose my avatar for life
So what's the avatar? @Hustini

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)