Juan Cuadrado (59 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
cuadrado isnt that bad defensively.

he's hard working and fast which makes up for lack of defensive skill.

oviosuly this is only as a wingback with barzagii covering.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
cuadrado isnt that bad defensively.

he's hard working and fast which makes up for lack of defensive skill.

oviosuly this is only as a wingback with barzagii covering.
Agreed, he showed some good defensive traits at times last season, he tracked back a lot (and helped his friends), and was surprisingly good at slide tackling. Has a good workrate overall and he doesn't seem to get a lot of credit for it.

But the most important thing about signing him, is signing a player that gives us so many different tactical options. And he really pushed for the move back here, so he'll be motivated as fuck whenever he plays.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Agreed, he showed some good defensive traits at times last season, he tracked back a lot (and helped his friends), and was surprisingly good at slide tackling. Has a good workrate overall and he doesn't seem to get a lot of credit for it.

But the most important thing about signing him, is signing a player that gives us so many different tactical options. And he really pushed for the move back here, so he'll be motivated as fuck whenever he plays.
I was really impressed with his defensive ability too, the only thing that he is missing is height for the aerial duels, here Licht is much better than him, but of course u cant expect everything.
The only problem is that he cant play RB in 4 man defense which might be issue if we decide to use this tactic (we wont be able to use if Dani is injured).

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I was really impressed with his defensive ability too, the only thing that he is missing is height for the aerial duels, here Licht is much better than him, but of course u cant expect everything.
The only problem is that he cant play RB in 4 man defense which might be issue if we decide to use this tactic (we wont be able to use if Dani is injured).
Yeah that's true, although I think he can play in a back 4 as RB, just not very well. I remember he played there for Lecce and at times at Fiorentina. And we don't even have a Padoin style player to fill in that role if need be.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
People are also forgetting that Barza has played as a RB very effectively for us a few times as well over the last 2 seasons.

If we use a 4 man backline, that means we have Alves as the starter, Barza as the backup (considering we have 4 other CBs), and Cuadrado as emergency cover.

We are perfectly fine without Licht.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
This transfer salvaged the mercato for me; effective dribblers like him gives us the edge against big clubs with sound tactics and top players. Now we have Cuadrado, AlexSandro and Pjaca complimenting some very able passers, and hopefully Higuain's and Dybala will finish off the chances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 22, Guests: 33)