Ju On (2 Viewers)

OP
sallyinzaghi
Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #21
    i still cant watch the trailer as much as i want to. ARGHHHHHH. i even played paola and chiara's song on my pc just to cheer me up, but when they started showing the trailer i just had to close the window.. :down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    yeah.. that film was very scary...:)

the way the assemble the whole movie was very unique...combining the effect of flash back and fast forward..

but the ending and the conclusion of the story was very deep and hard to understand. After i watched the movie i asked several of my frens who had seen it and i receirve several versions of of conclusion. Finally i searched some site about it and and finally understanf whats it all about...

someone who like English Ring more than Japanese Ring wont also appreciate this one. But beleive me the japanese style of horror effect is much scarire than computer graphics...

you can say that it ids the same with the sixt sence in one way or another. Only in this movie..there is EVIL and DEATH.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    And a review:

Hoo boy! Another scary Japanese movie straight out the Ring tradition (and indeed the movie flyer looks eerily similar to that of Ringu 2). Shimizu Takashi is the director here, working with both Kiyoshi Kurosawa (director of Cure, Charisma, and Kairo) and Hiroshi Takahashi himself (screenwriter of the Ring trilogy). What this triad brings to the table is a classic japanese horror film relying on mood and sound and Japanese cultural intuitions about the fate of wronged souls.

The film opens with the text explanation:

“JU-ON: a curse born of a grudge held by someone who dies in the grip of powerful anger. It gathers in the places frequented by that person in life, working its spell on those who come into contact with it and thus creating itself anew.”
    Black and white images of an obviously demented husband and slain family provide the introductory scenes, and provide the viewer, upon hindsight, with the temporal cause of the misfortunate story about to unfold. Indeed, the story is about a VERY haunted house, possessed by the deceased husband, wife and little boy of the introductory scenes. In essence, all who enter the house find them stalked by inexplicable dread and materializing shadows.

The film consists of six intertwining episodes (in addition to the introductory scene) each named after the primary victim of the vignette. The episodes, though not chronologically sequential, are proximate enough in time to each other and each revolves around a separate main character who in some way knows or is related to the characters of the other episodes. The first and last episodes are bracketed by the main character Rika Nishida who comes closest to solving the ghostly puzzle (but alas fails in the last scene).

Here are some pretty detailed descriptions of the six episodes. These may constitute "spoilers", though they certainly won't take the edge off the creepiness of seeing the movie. No English or English-subtitled version of Juon currently exists, so I am providing these for the benefit of those wishing to know what the movie is all abou

steveivy

Sep 26, 2002
    n a boy:scared::scared:when u r sleeping,suddenly u feel someone is lookin at u,then u open ur eyes,there is boy with a cadaverous face standing beside u:scared:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    No the whole town didnt die sally... it was just normal pics of scenery with no people..

(its normal to thibnk that...my fren also came with that conclusion too..)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
    Guess what? Hollywood is gonna do their own version with Sarah Michelle Gellar in the lead.

From http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=2051539

Sarah Michelle Gellar, most recently seen on the big screen in "Scooby-Doo," will take on a more frightening role in her next starring gig as she is set to topline the horror remake "The Grudge."

The project, being produced by Sam Raimi's Ghost House Pictures and distributed domestically by Columbia Pictures, is an English-language version of the Japanese thriller "Ju-On."

The film's title refers to a curse that befalls someone who dies in the grip of a powerful rage. Those who encounter this murderous supernatural curse die, and a new one is born -- passed like a virus from victim to victim in an endless, growing chain of horror.

The project is being directed by the original's writer-director, Takashi Shimizu, from a script by Stephen Susco. Raimi is producing along with his Ghost House partner Rob Tapert and Taka Ichise, who produced the original film. Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane of Senator International will serve as executive producers alongside Roy Lee and Doug Davison, who originally gave GHP a look at the project.

Columbia co-president of production Matt Tolmach and director of production Shannon Gaulding are overseeing for the studio, with a January start date planned. The film will shoot in Tokyo at Toho Studios.

Gellar, best known for her starring role on the long-running television series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," has appeared in such films as "Cruel Intentions" and "Scream 2." She next appears in the upcoming "Scooby-Doo" sequel and also is attached to star in "Romantic Comedy" for MGM.

Gellar is repped by the Firm, ICM and attorney Kevin Yorn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)