José Francisco Cevallos, Jr. (2 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I just don't get the suggestion Juve are buying him without the intention of him becoming a first-team player.

Of course, the odds are won't happen and he'll be traded away, but to suggest him becoming a pawn is the Plan A is clearly wide of the mark.
We are investing heavily in the youth sector. A marked change has appeared over the last few seasons since Paratici and Marotta have placed the foundations of their system more securely in place, not just the system but the scouting network attached.

Cevallos doesn't seem like a mere punt, neither did Buoy, and neither will Matthaus be if we manage to get his signature. Bonatini also was another educated decision. Buoy was an easier spot and pushed towards us by Raiola, who also paved the way for Pogba to arrive.

Canizares, Laursen, Boakye, Gabbiadini, Leali, Appelt...These players and those mentioned before are not at all Estigaribbia type deals. And neither do I see the Cevallos transfer in that way.

They all have potential. Especially Leali. But I wouldn;t be surprised to see Buoy or Appelt find their way into the Juve squad in future years. Both have brilliant composure on the ball for kids their age, technique that is far from common.

Its way too early to assume Beppe and Paratici's system is geared towards unearthing minor capital for future deals. It looks to me, that our scouting network has improved drsatsically, our negogiation skills are fine and we are aiming to unearth gems, not create a conveyor belt of average senior players.

You must bear in mind that it costs us money to develop players, to help them move countries and cultures, to settle in, learn a new language etctetcttc. If we wanted average players we could find them in Italy, instead of sending our scouts to watch them for 6 months in Ecuador. There is also the issue of space and opportunity. We have good coaches, great facilities, and a certain capacity which balances individual improvement and development against team training. We aim to create future first team squad members from our youth setup, so the spots in the primavera and younger squads are golden.

As mentioned though. its too early for anyone to conclude that our youth setup, that changed drastically over the last couple of seasons, is aimed at creating average senior players to be used in deals elsewhere. Its too early to see any proof of that, and the current scouts/transfer department cannot be blamed for what came before them. Only expected to make something of anything good which remains from the work of their predecessors.

Lemon318

Il Marrone Juventino
May 1, 2012
^

Agreed. We're going to see some serious talent coming out of the Juventus youth sector in the coming years. Leali and Masi for sure. I have high hopes for Bouy and Appelt. This guy was NOT bought for trading, Troisi was.

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
i think he is gonna go straight in to 1st team...just like pogba, i agreed its weird to make a loan move just to see him on primavera

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Loaning a player to Primavera seems weird.
Weird to you, perhaps...but not to Italy, or Juventus.
Beltrame was on loan last season, and look at him now.
This term we have Cevallos, Daniele Rugani, Elvis Kabashi and Vykintas Slivka who are all loaned to us from other parent clubs. Rugani and kabashi especially are first team regulars, with Slivka making a fair 8 appearances in the league so far.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
any video his match with primavera?
he has yet to make his debut...with the primavera qualified already for the knock-out phase of the Torneo di viareggio, there may be a chance he will start or play some part in our final group game against Liechhardt, which is due to be played...today.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
He made his debut...in the primavera's 0-0 draw with Liechhardt of Sydney. Apparently played well, putting a great cross, started and finished the game, got forward well...his international clearance to play only came through yesterday.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Paratici scouted him right?
Paratici has been to see him before, without doubt...just to see him play. However, Paratici was alerted to his potential by his scouts, who likely took the decision after finding consistent hints of potential in Cevallos' performances, to make their report more detailed and/or alter their boss. Their boss is Paratici...and Paratici's boss is Marotta. Beppe is so close to consigliere, and Paratici/mr guild, is his golden captain. They mesh well, and are certainly taking us into similar areas to where the other top sides in europe hope to poach young, brilliant talent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)