Position Attacker
Date of Birth Thursday 1st September 1983
Place of Birth Spain
Height 1.75
Weight 71
Current Club Sevilla
Previous Clubs None
------------------------------------------------------------------

I got to watch Reyes last weekend versus Real Madrid and boy am I impressed. He worked the left wing & choreographed Sevilla's attack brilliantly. For a 20 year old he did great things. He has speed, skills & is tactically mature. It is refreshing to see a young lad play with so much confidence against Real Madrid. Granted the usual Real defense was missing and thus I would like anyone who's been following this young talent to air their views.
What do you guys think of José Antonio Reyes?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
i already mentioned him earlier in the transfer talk. this guy looks terrific :eek: i think we should really buy him..btw Ali, check out the ending part of the Frank Lampard thread in the Transfer Talk section

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
He is also rumored to have been scouted by Liverpool and several other teams-I forget which. Have heard a lot of good things about him

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Arsenal offered some amount of money for him and Sevilla's coach told him that's not even enough to buy his boots. :D
That's not saying much.... Arsenal can't afford a spare square foot of turf at the moment, with their investment in the new stadium.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
He has a 100 Million buyout clause. :dazed:

Arsenal offered 15 Mil last year - Sevilla told them to **** off :D

I don't think Reyes will leave for at least a season or 2 more.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
i already mentioned him earlier in the transfer talk. this guy looks terrific :eek: i think we should really buy him..btw Ali, check out the ending part of the Frank Lampard thread in the Transfer Talk section
No offence meant mate but every time we talk about a player that impresses you,you tell us we should buy him,so if moggi really listens to you(imagining)we'll end up with a team with malbranque,Saha,Hayles,Lampard,Reyes,Ibrahimovic,cavenaghi,
van der vaart and gilardino.:devil:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
No offence meant mate but every time we talk about a player that impresses you,you tell us we should buy him,so if moggi really listens to you(imagining)we'll end up with a team with malbranque,Saha,Hayles,Lampard,Reyes,Ibrahimovic,cavenaghi,
van der vaart and gilardino.:devil:
what's Lampard doing there?! :mad: other than that....:D

OP
Ali

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
    Deej haven't been around lately so I must have missed the mention you made in the Transfer Thread.

++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
    He is also rumored to have been scouted by Liverpool and several other teams-I forget which. Have heard a lot of good things about him
    I seen good things :D

++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    Arsenal offered some amount of money for him and Sevilla's coach told him that's not even enough to buy his boots. :D

So, he'll cost a lot. I've never watched him though.
    :LOL: He sure will cost a lot of dough ....

++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
    He has a 100 Million buyout clause. :dazed:

Arsenal offered 15 Mil last year - Sevilla told them to **** off :D

I don't think Reyes will leave for at least a season or 2 more.
    100 Million :eek: That's a heck lot of money ...

++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    i read today taht reyes might actually take over raul's place in the spanish NT :eek:
    I don't think he will take Raul's place but he sure will combine very well with Raul - He's sort of a more complete forward. With deep runs, one on one with 2 or 3 defenders, picks the ball from deep, supplies well & scores goals too.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    i read today taht reyes might actually take over raul's place in the spanish NT :eek:
    Raul is the all-time record goalscorer for the Spanish NT, and amoung the highest scorers in la Liga ever. He's still in his mid twenties, and is a garuanteed starter for los Galacticos. :strong: Would you drop him for a twenty-year old kid?

I used to frequently buy the guy in Chamionship Manager - turnbed out to be the best left-winger in the game, every time. Very injury-prone though - is that true in real life?

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    I have only watched him once & was very impressed. Am looking forward to all the Sevilla matches so as to monitor him this season. Problem is I get 2 La Liga games per week so unless they are playing Real or Barca then I have no chance. Anyway I sure hope I get to see more of him.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    Make sure you catch them (Sociedad, Madrid, Barca) playing Sevilla :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)