Jorginho - DM - Chelsea (2 Viewers)

Should we get him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Good luck with that. We will be lucky if we can manage to swap him for Milik or Jorginho.
I'm not a big fan of Milik but think he would be more useful to us than Jorginho. He would almost certainly be our backup striker and having someone with his height and strength could be useful if we want to use something different in a game.

I'd be surprised if Jorginho wasn't a starter if we went for him. I think he would weaken us in midfield, especially defensively which has been a huge issue for us already this season. I really don't rate him at all.

The dream is to somehow use Berna for Zaniolo. I don't think it is impossible and think it would be a good fit for both. Whether they would want him is different though.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ageing? Check.

Limited? Check.

Will command high wages and a hefty transfer fee? Check?

Worth it? Absolutely Not!

Tbh, I'd much rather go for De Paul, who is 4 years younger, more dynamic, will command less in terms of wages and a lower transfer fee, and is an overall better player. De Paul would still have a resale value in 3 years.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I highly doubt any player on the planet is a step backwards when it comes to replacing Berna.
I should have been clearer, Jorginho is a step backwards for our midfield.

I'm sure we could use Berna in a much more useful swap. Either way Berna should not be here next season, bringing in a guy who weakens our midfield doesn't seem a good move.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You guys are overly critical of poor Jorginho. maybe he's not the ideal candidate but I would definitely take him if we got a decent deal.

Still not sure about bentancur or arthur as regista, jorginho would provide something we don't otherwise have

Apr 17, 2013
You know my love for bernadette, but I still prefer to keep her than recruit the king of jabroni .:sad:

You guys are overly critical of poor Jorginho. maybe he's not the ideal candidate but I would definitely take him if we got a decent deal.

Still not sure about bentancur or arthur as regista, jorginho would provide something we don't otherwise have
As regista bettancur, Arthur, and Rabiot can play this role. We need a player who is physically strong, dribble and runs a lot to create spaces, and who scores. In short, all this qualities that this overrated player doesn't know to do.

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I should have been clearer, Jorginho is a step backwards for our midfield.

I'm sure we could use Berna in a much more useful swap. Either way Berna should not be here next season, bringing in a guy who weakens our midfield doesn't seem a good move.
I disagree to some extent. I really do think that Jorginho was really good in Serie A and I doubt he just lost it. I think it's quite often we see good players from Serie A turn into shit when they join any EPL side due to a huge difference in leagues. I think it's a risky move (which isn't really, bar big WC stars) but he might as well pay off. If we get his old form back he's way ahead of our mid players imo. But even at this point I wouldn't say he'd weaken our mid, that's quite harsh, especially considering how shit our mid is.

But I'll give you this. Of course, there are better options than Jorginho (I mean players, not available players per se) and it's not like Jorginho is a huge move, but it's still quite decent if we're getting him for giving Berna. I doubt many clubs would take Berna with their arms wide open, not after this season surely. And it's a question if he'd accept warming bench in some other club. If anything I'd try to use him to get Zaniolo.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

And what happens when Sorri leaves? Fagjinho is the exact kind of player we should be avoiding. If Chelsea are so desperate to dispose of him, why should we help them fund their mercato? If it's a straight swap for Turdeski, and we don't have to pay him more than 6 million net, I guess it's ok. However, it's such an underwhelming signing that screams lack of ambition, a lazy signing, not an exciting one.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Still not sure about bentancur or arthur as regista
still not sure we should play with one. the team becomes more predictable when all the attacks go through one single player every single time. we already have two potential registi in arthur and bentancur. just put a proper dm between them (partey) and it would make our attacks and link up play much more unpredictable.

and i'm still not sure we should offer players potentially bought just to please sarri contracts for 4-5 years when sarri is clearly not a perfect fit at juventus. if there's no sarri project, we should go for universal players.

btw i rate jorginho, he's not a bad player per se, i'd welcome him if i was convinced about sarri, but under current circumstances, i'd take partey over him any day.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fagjinho is not an ultimate Jabroni a la Darmian, The Accidental Footballer, or Molinaro, but he's a mini Jabroni, the type of player we should avoid if we can resist the urge to procure a meh pseudo Italian.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I disagree to some extent. I really do think that Jorginho was really good in Serie A and I doubt he just lost it. I think it's quite often we see good players from Serie A turn into shit when they join any EPL side due to a huge difference in leagues. I think it's a risky move (which isn't really, bar big WC stars) but he might as well pay off. If we get his old form back he's way ahead of our mid players imo. But even at this point I wouldn't say he'd weaken our mid, that's quite harsh, especially considering how shit our mid is.

But I'll give you this. Of course, there are better options than Jorginho (I mean players, not available players per se) and it's not like Jorginho is a huge move, but it's still quite decent if we're getting him for giving Berna. I doubt many clubs would take Berna with their arms wide open, not after this season surely. And it's a question if he'd accept warming bench in some other club. If anything I'd try to use him to get Zaniolo.
I think that's where we differ.

I just don't rate him. I wouldn't have taken the Napoli version either. We are not going to win the CL with Jorginho as a starter in our midfield (and he would be a starter if we go for him). He is far too much of a liability for me defensively and I don't like his use of the ball. I think our midfield is already too slow and defensively weak without adding him to the mix. I'd like to ditch the regista all together but if that isn't happening I'd certainly not invest in one of Jorginho's level.

I would also not like to sign a player on a high wage and not attractive to other clubs that is so reliant on the system of a manager who I think we should ditch now and will almost certainly not be here in 2 years.

And what happens when Sorri leaves? Fagjinho is the exact kind of player we should be avoiding. If Chelsea are so desperate to dispose of him, why should we help them fund their mercato? If it's a straight swap for Turdeski, and we don't have to pay him more than 6 million net, I guess it's ok. However, it's such an underwhelming signing that screams lack of ambition, a lazy signing, not an exciting one.
:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)